Home

GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2015, 04:14 AM   #145
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

I've been slowly working on an update to be ready for week 1. I tested the franchise to make sure it's still working and all good on that front. Stat glitch is still here, only during the 2nd season. I had a slow simulation occur during the 2nd season's pro bowl week but it was only 1-2 mins, so really nothing to worry about.

If people liked the Ultimate Team file, I'll try to make another one maybe with some different legends. No ETA on that just yet. Focused on the regular roster file right now.

I've been also working on team specific sliders for franchise. So any guys out there that like to control all 32 teams, these sliders will help teams play a bit more like their real life counterparts. 2K4 is a run heavy game, so even when maxing out the passing slider teams still love to run. The sliders are a WIP and I've been having mixed results but it's better than the default ones.

I'm not sure how many updates I'll be able to do throughout the season but I'll try to do a few if the demand and support is there. Here's to another 2K football season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 05:57 AM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0

Old 09-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 1

Way to go Gill! I have had very little time to mod things myself so look forward to playin some more 2k4!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #148
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Glad I'm not the only one still playing 2K4.

Still hoping to have everything ready by Sunday. We'll see how it goes, possibly middle of next week at the latest. Just finalizing all the team rosters, adding in missing players that made the teams then we should be good to go.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 0

any news
Old 09-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #150
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I haven't had the time to really edit a lot lately. So it's taking me a bit longer to finish it up than I originally thought. I'm about half done right now. Sorry for the delay.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #151
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Again, sorry for the delay guys. I'm almost done now. Last minute I decided to re-rate a lot of players so that's mainly what's caused the delay. Got a few more teams to do and a quick glance at the FA list and the file should be good to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 01:46 AM   #152
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

A week late, but the NFL 2K4 2015-16 file is finally ready! File is uploaded on the first post.

The file is still based on the Week 1 rosters, so any roster moves made after Week 1 are not in this file right now.

File Info:
- Players on IR are not in this file. 2K4 has less player slots than 2K5 so keeping these players in the FA list or on their original team is a wasted slot in my opinion.
- That being said, high profile guys on IR like Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin I did leave in the game. They are on the Challengers team. Before you start a franchise, be sure to assign these players back onto their teams if you want them active. (If the Challengers team isn't showing up, make sure you have them enabled. Under options, presentation, and you'll see the option to turn the Challengers team on or off.)
- Players on PUP or SUS or IR-DFR are still in. They'll just be buried in the depth chart.
- Better OL play. I've increased OL ratings (pass/run block) to help with blocking.
- LB Coverage boost. Increase to a lot of LB's coverage rating. I was seeing too many blown coverages, especially over the middle where the LB wouldn't react. Great coverage LB's like Lavonte David and Bobby Wagner are no longer easy to pass on.
- DB catching boost. Increase to DB's catching rating. I got tired of seeing a DB make a play on the ball and just drop easy INT's with their stone hands. With the better QB CPU play compared to 2K5, QB's don't throw too much into double/triple coverage so I haven't seen too many crazy INT games. That being said if you or the CPU try to throw into double/triple coverage don't be surprised to see a INT.
- Rookie Ratings. Most rookies are going to have pretty low OVR's. Going with the original 2K rating system I gave all rookies low composure and consistency because, well.. they're rookies!
- Depth charts and player numbers should be 99.9% correct based on Week 1 depth charts/rosters.
- Franchise still has the stat glitch, but only during the second season.

Enjoy guys!

Also, a big thanks to everyone and anyone who has donated. It's really appreciated.

And if one of the XBOX guys can test the file to make sure it loads fine. I don't have an XBOX to test. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »