Home

GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #169
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

Thanks man.

Unfortunately I've been having some problems with my PS2 lately, so I haven't really been able to do much in terms of an update. I was messing around with some new ratings formula's but that's the closest I got to an update. If I can figure what's up with my PS2 I might try, but I've been putting off another project that I've been wanting to start for a while so I kind of want to put that in the forefront right now.

Regarding the editor, make sure you have the latest version, you can grab it from here. If you're still having issues just send me a PM and we can hopefully solve your problem.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #170
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hello, I love this espn 2k5 football game, I was wondering if there is anyone that can create a USFL Roster for this game? Our is it possible?
Old 01-09-2016, 03:29 AM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys I just tried a game specific patch for pcsx2 for 2k5 and it works great now with my retail disc...I asked the author if they could port the fix for 2k4 as well. Search for the post titled fixing unplayable games on the software's forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #172
Rookie

Please help its been years since I played 2k4 and years since i used Finns editor. Am happy to see an editor for 2k4, but I am unsure how to use it. I have a ps2 version of 2K4. How do I get an updated 2k4 roster and how do I edit it and convert it to a .max file. I have AR Max disc so I can upload the file to my memory card via usb stick. WhEn i open the 2k4 editor i don't know what file to open. Please help with step by step process if possible. Thanks!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 09:26 PM   #173
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rens1965
Please help its been years since I played 2k4 and years since i used Finns editor. Am happy to see an editor for 2k4, but I am unsure how to use it. I have a ps2 version of 2K4. How do I get an updated 2k4 roster and how do I edit it and convert it to a .max file. I have AR Max disc so I can upload the file to my memory card via usb stick. WhEn i open the 2k4 editor i don't know what file to open. Please help with step by step process if possible. Thanks!!!
First grab the latest version of the editor from here.

If you downloaded my PS2 zip, inside is a folder that has the max file and another folder that has an "extracted" or "raw" version of the max file. The max file is all you need if all you want to do is transfer it to your PS2.

To edit PS2 files in the editor you'll need the "BASLUS-20727XXXX" file. File ---> Open ---> then in the dropdown where it says "NFL2K4SaveGame" choose All Files instead, then open up your BASLUS file.

You'll need the PS2 save builder (link in the first post) to extract the BASLUS from your own max files and to inject modified BASLUS's back into max files. File --> Open --> choose your max file.

You'll now see the contents of your save. BASLUS, icon, and some other files. Right click on the BASLUS and choose extract and save this file to your desktop or somewhere easy to find. Open it in the editor and do what you want. After saving in the editor, simply delete the original BASLUS in the PS2 save builder and drag and drop your newly edited one in and save. File --> Save As --> make sure you save it as a max file. Check the dropdown options to make sure.

Transfer it to your PS2 and it should be good to go.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #174
Rookie

Thank Gill.. here is what I did.
1. Opened you Gill2015.max on the ps2 save builder
2. As you pointed out i was able to see the BASLUS-20727XXXX" file.
3. I right clicked the BASLUS-20727XXXX" file and extracted to my desk top.
4. Opened up the 2k4 editor..changed to all files and located the BASLUS-20727XXXX" file on my desktop and opened it up on the editor. I then get an error saying could not open save. Am I missing something in the steps. ??
Old 01-18-2016, 12:32 AM   #175
Rookie

Gill, good to see you're online. Did you fix your ps2 or turn to pcsx2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #176
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rens1965
Thank Gill.. here is what I did.
1. Opened you Gill2015.max on the ps2 save builder
2. As you pointed out i was able to see the BASLUS-20727XXXX" file.
3. I right clicked the BASLUS-20727XXXX" file and extracted to my desk top.
4. Opened up the 2k4 editor..changed to all files and located the BASLUS-20727XXXX" file on my desktop and opened it up on the editor. I then get an error saying could not open save. Am I missing something in the steps. ??
Are you using the latest version of the editor? Should be 1.5.0.0.

Those steps look correct. Try opening the BASLUS from my zip in the "extracted" folder. Works fine on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Gill, good to see you're online. Did you fix your ps2 or turn to pcsx2?
Yeah had a small issue with my PS2 but I figured it out. I'm not much of a PC gamer so I don't think mine will handle PS2 emulation at a playable level. Would be nice to play with an upscaled resolution but I'll live ha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »