Home

*****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

This is a discussion on *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE***** within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #49
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

Quote:
Ok, so the more I play with the editing stuff based on the formula, the more I like it. Though I'm new to the procedure, I read the explanation of how to add players by Flipmo. However, when I try to change a player on any team (I was going to edit the KC Chiefs Will Svitek to the new cornerback, Maxey), it tells me that there isn't enough room left in this roster to edit any more names. No matter whose name I try to change, it says the same thing. Am I missing something?

If I can get this figured out, and I get the ok from everyone, I'd be more than happy to take the AFC West and get all the rookies up to date down the depth chart based on the formula. I just finished my second-year law school finals, so my brain needs a break to do something like this!

Thanks in advance for the help.
Yeah, there's a trick to that. What you would do is edit EVERYTHING about the existing player to the rookie (from height, weight, college, appearance, and attributes) and then load the roster with Finn's editor and THEN edit the first and last name along as clearing the stats for that existing player. I had to do it for a couple of players.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #50
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Question about editing

Just a thought on Williams, and I won't use my own opinion so no one thinks I'm biased. Some reports you'll find on the web will say he's too small, and that he won't make it as a starter in the NFL, you're correct there. On the flipside though, people have said that he had the talent to go in the top 10, and was 3rd on ESPN's players to make a instant impact list in the NFL a month or two ago.

Now for my opinion. Honestly, I don't think you can accurately rate the guy until he plays a game in the NFL. Personally, I'd say he deserves to be around a 74-76, but that's coming from a Memphis fan, so take it or leave it. I've seen the guy play several times, and despite his size, he always manages to get the extra yards. In the NFL, those 7-10 yard plays might turn in the 4-7 yard plays, but that's still productive enough to be rated higher than the 60s. One more thing I might add that he's decent at catching the ball as well.

By the way, great work on these rosters. I've been wanting to start playing this game again, and these might be exactly what I need to get back into it.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 05-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2
Another quick question

Hey Flyboy, thanks for the help. I was going to edit the name in Finn's editor, but it won't let me type in a name, I have to select one from a dropdown list. I was going to put in Craphonso Thorpe (WR for the Chiefs who will probably be their third wideout), and obviously his name isn't on the dropdown list, cause he's not in the game right now. There must be something I'm missing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 15

All I have to say is this.....

DeAngelo Williams > Reggie Bush
Old 05-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #53
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm not going to even discuss that dan. This ain't the place.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #54
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Good day gentlmen, I've just completed my portion of the roster and then some per Flipmo23s requset and suggestions and it wasn't a walk in the park!

I plan on e-mailing him the file possibly sometime later this evening or early tommarrow and go over it abit to check some fine details but its done on my part just waiting again to get looked over and he'll post it!

These "STANDARDS" we're using are pretty tight making some players appear weak and non effective and thats alright for now because there is still room for growth and progression using them and this isn't what they did in College nope its gonna be a whole new ball game as some of these rooks are gonna find out...believe that some will shine through in time and others...oh well we'll have to wait and see.

On another note...

I'm thinkin' perhaps we should re-vist the "STANDARDS" being used, they're excellent and are true to format and form for the real "Gridiron" but as I was moving along I realized that we're basically doing it the right way we just need to add in some factor and variation points because we're editing this for a video game so some things should be different to fit that format (Video Game) and sitution so it plays and simulates correctly up to ESPN "STANDARDS" in the game.

Some plus or positve point adjustments for the "Break" tackle among others because theres a learning curve coming into the pros not really in a video game and its one thing to have talent but another when its actually done on the "Field" plus sometimes the scouts are off and can't see everything but we can make the adjustmets and speed up the process up in a "Video" game simultion nothing extreme just something that fits into the games simulation.

So I think some points can be worked in by simply looking at the "Key" attributes and adding that "Rookie" transition to video game point for adjustments in the video game format "scaled" to fit our "Video" game simulation because the game "Needs" some things rated abit higher nothing extreme once again just enough to have the CPU execute certain aspects of video gameplay .

Speed should have a min so that the CPU and Game engine executes a visual display that simulates a Football player...I've never seen a player rate at 48 for speed thats just crazy for a video game and a "Min" should be established for that say something like 50 or 55 in order to have the games program still play correctly and "Fit" the format for a video game simulation.

There are maybe one or two more I'd like to see that boost used for but the "Break" tackle" stood out IMO along with the speed and speed chart its great but drops players too low to function and execute programs set up in the games format like I said I've never seen a player slow as 48 in any Football video game...ever...but 48 is rather pathtic and wouldn't qualify for "Pop Warner" Football same as it wouldn't set right for a Football video game simulation...somethings gotta give after all its still a game and we can make adjustments for that.

What do you guys think about using certain "Max" and "Min" to keep the players up to the games ESPN 2K "STANDARDS" and at the same time curtailed to scouting and combine reports...the best of both worlds actually because they'd still be edited based on NFL and DA "STRANDARDS" just scaled to fit a video games interpetion of what we want and expect to see in a Football simulation.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Without looking at other players, I'd say a basement, or minimum, would be a good idea. For instance, if there are no DT's with a speed less than 55, then 55 would be a good basement level. I'm not sure we need a ceiling, or max, but I'll leave that up to the powers that be. I do agree that minimums should not go below the minimums of current players though. Good catch, and good call, Rickster.

I look forward to getting the file tonight or tomorrow. I am going to be busy tomorrow (running a mini-marathon here in Indy - wish me luck!), but maybe tomorrow night, or hopefully by Sunday, I should have most of mine worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #56
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjortman
Without looking at other players, I'd say a basement, or minimum, would be a good idea. For instance, if there are no DT's with a speed less than 55, then 55 would be a good basement level. I'm not sure we need a ceiling, or max, but I'll leave that up to the powers that be. I do agree that minimums should not go below the minimums of current players though. Good catch, and good call, Rickster.

I look forward to getting the file tonight or tomorrow. I am going to be busy tomorrow (running a mini-marathon here in Indy - wish me luck!), but maybe tomorrow night, or hopefully by Sunday, I should have most of mine worked out.

Thanks bro I'm glad I'm not the only one re-thinking this topic I just can't see the differences and there should be some concerning such items but as for speed in general I think that a ceiling should be established so we don't get in the way of the players "Natural" progression let me remind you the editor has a "127" max that can be used and we don't really want to see this abused so a "Max" and Min" would keep everything within a certain tolorence so the games "Hardcode" and other programing "Dynamics" keep it playing as a "Simulation" and not "Arcade".

No players every really "99" but its been seen as a rating on some "Default" players like Ray Lewis but comon really is any player a "99" no but he was, point here is that in a video game we may have to use higher ratings just to get the game to "Sense" them and execute programs like running at a decent speed as it relates to the games engine and its programming "Dynamics" I'm speaking basically about the "Rookies" the other vets seem to be holding their own and this point was in reference to the "STANDARDS" being somewhat "Tight" and "Restictive" as far as the rookies are concern and players that appear below the standards in the game itself it appears we're actually "Under" rating some "Key" attributes needed in the "Game" to perfom as I've stated above remember nothing excessive or extreme because its not that far off really just abit tight and the game needs more not much just a boost!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »