Home

*****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

This is a discussion on *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE***** within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
*****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

Well, this is the "official" community update thread.

ALL QUESTIONS AS TO HOW THIS UPDATE IS BEING DONE, RATINGS, EDITS, ETC ALL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OTHER THREAD, THE ENTIRE PROJECT IS OUTLINED HERE:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=168821

Division Assignments:

1) NFC EAST - Flipmo23 STATUS : DONE
2) NFC SOUTH - [Flyboy] STATUS : DONE
3) AFC NORTH - [Rickster101] STATUS : DONE
4) NFC WEST - [Flipmo23] STATUS : DONE

5) AFC SOUTH - [mjortman] STATUS : ON-HOLD
6) AFC EAST - [Flyboy] STATUS : IN-PROGRESS

7) AFC WEST - [Rickster101] STATUS : PENDING
8) NFC NORTH - [JWZZR] STATUS : PENDING

The "BASE" roster that we will be using is posted at the bottom of this post. Let's get the ball rolling!

UPDATES WILL BE POSTED BELOW:

5/1/06 - I've looked into the complaints about the catch ratings for WR's, and I must say I agree with Rickster; we can't make these WR's powerhouses in their first year. A catch rating for a Chad Jackson is fine at 70 for his first year. Think about it, after the preseason, he will be around a 75, and by the middle of the next season, probably around an 82-85 catch. By his third season, he will probably reach a 87-90 if he develops. I believe that is fair, so the catch rating rubric will remain the same for now, unless it becomes a problem later on.

5/1/06 - Ok, there have been a whole slew of adjustments to the rubric, including a +5 for hands/catch ratings. Roster-developers involved with this project should review the rubric before creating their division's rookies.

5/2/06 - I am beginning my assignment, the NFC EAST, tonight.

5/4/06 - Well, the NFC EAST (Flipmo23) and NFC SOUTH (Flyboy) are now officially done. The depth charts are as accurate as you will see anywhere, and the rookie list is being compiled below:[/b]

5/7/06 - Well, I've been incredibly busy with my job lately, but that doesn't mean nothing was happening while I was gone. The AFC North has been finished by Rickster, I just looked over the file, absolutely INCREDIBLE job, and hopefully we can get you to do another Division for us later on, as this was done by the book. I'm up next.

5/8/06 - Ok, the NFC WEST is now also done. Moving along, Mjortman, you're up. I hate to stress/hype it, but this roster is so incredibly impressive. Just look at any of the teams that have already been done, and put their depth charts up against ourlads.com ... these will be a lot of fun.

Update - Mjortman had something come up, so we'll put his division on hold, and Flyboy will do the AFC East today.

*****INCLUDED ROOKIE LIST AS OF 5/8/06*****

NFC EAST:

NYG

WR Sinorice Moss
DE Mathias Kiwanuka
DT Barry Cofield
OLB Gerris Wilkinson*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process

PHI

OT Winston Justice
DT Brodrick Bunkley
OLB Chris Gocong*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process
OG Max Jean-Gilles
WR Jason Avant

DAL

TE Anthony Fasano
DE Jason Hatcher
WR Skyler Green
FS Pat Watkins
DT Montavious Stanley

WAS

OLB Roger 'Rocky' McIntosh

NFC SOUTH:

TB

QB Brad Gradkowski*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process
WR Maurice Stovall
G David Joseph
T Jeremy Trueblood
CB Alan Zemaitis

ATL

WR Adam Jennings
RB Jerious Norwood
CB Jimmy Williams
T Quinn Ojinnaka

NO

WR Mike Hass
T Jahri Evans
RB Reggie Bush
DE Rob Ninkovich
CB Josh Lay
FS Roman Harper

CAR

T Rashad Butler
RB DeAngelo Williams*ratings will be reviewed after developmental process
CB Rashad Marshall
FS Nate Salley
OLB James Anderson

AFC NORTH:

PIT

WR Santonio Holmes
WR Willie Reid
TE David Charles
QB Omar Jacobs
RB Cedric Humes*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process
DT Orien Harris
FS Anthony Smith

CLE

WR Travis Wilson
G Issac Sowells
FB Lawrence Vickers
ILB Leon Williams
ILB D'Quell Jackson
OLB Kamerion Wimbley*ratings will be reviewed after developmental process
CB DeMario Minter
DT Oshinowo Babatunde

CIN

T Andrew Whitworth
DE Frostee Ruckster
OLB A.J. Nicholson
CB Jonathan Joseph
QB Reggie McNeal

BAL

RB Paris Daniels*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process
WR Demetrius Williams
TE Quinn Sypnewski*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process
C Chris Chester
DT Haloti Ngata
CB Derrick Martin
OLB Ryan LaCasse
CB David Pittman
FS Dawan Landry

Note - McNair is on the Ravens, since he's basically confirmed to be a future-Raven pending salary cuts that the Titans will make for their rookies.

NFC WEST:

ARZ

QB Matt Leinart
G Duece Lutui
TE Leonard Pope
DT Gabriel Watson
OLB Brandon Johnson
DT Jonathan Lewis

STL

CB Tye Hill
TE Joe Klopfenstein
DT Claude Wroten
OLB Jon Alston
TE Dominique Byrd
DE Victor Adeyanju
WR Marques Hagan
G Mark Setterstrom

SF

TE Vernon Davis
OLB Manny Lawson
WR Brandon Williams
RB Michael Robinson*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process
DE Parys Haralson
FS Marcus Hudson
DE Melvin Oliver*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process

SEA

CB Kelly Jennings
DE Darryl Tapp
G Rob Sims*ratings will be reviewed at the end of developmental process

Current Rookie Count - 88

Players marked with an "*" did not have thorough NFLDA reports, so they should be created according to their scouting reports. Players who do not have full reports on NFLDA should be created MODESTLY according to their "summaries". All players on NFLDA without full reports are projected 3rd/4th team backups. I ask that all roster-developers involved make a note of who the players without full reports are, so that when we are all done with the roster, we can go back and look at the 15 or so rookies that were obviously not created according to the formula above for obvious reasons. ALL OTHER ROOKIES ARE TO BE CREATED STRICTLY BY THE RUBRIC.

5/8/06 - The roster has now been updated with the NFC EAST, NFC SOUTH, AFC NORTH, and NFC WEST. I've renamed the file to "BASE4" so no one confuses it with the last updates. Flyboy, the file is all yours.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_BASE4.zip (283.2 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-08-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

UNIVERSAL METHOD FOR ROOKIE CAPs... THIS IS COPIED FROM THE OLD THREAD

This, so far, is the STANDARD that those in the previous community thread have agreed on so far for Rookie CAPs. If you would like to throw in some input as to what should be changed, you are more than welcome to do so in THAT thread. Just be sure to at least look at some of the rookie profiles on the Official NFL.com Draft Analyzer Site before doing so:

Again, all rookie ratings will be based ENTIRELY on this standard, based on the nfl.com ratings linked to above.

UPDATE 5/8/06 - THIS RUBRIC HAS BEEN FINALIZED ALREADY, NO FURTHER CHANGES WILL BE MADE

ESPN CATEGORY RATING - NFL DRAFT ANALYZER EQUIVALENT (OUT OF 100/OUT OF 10.0)

Speed - Based on 40-time, see notes below
Agility - COD Rating *+10 for all positions except for O-Line/D-Line
Strength - Play Strength
Jumping - Athletic Ability *+10 for DBs
Pass Blocking - Pass Blocking*For O-Line, use pass protection +10
Run Blocking - Run Blocking*For O-Line, use Run Block +10
Catch - Hands (+5) *Defensive players, catch rating no higher than 5
Run Route - Patterns (+15) *For RBs, use Elusiveness (Do NOT add 15)
Hold On To Ball - Fumbles (+5)
Run Coverage - Pursuit/Range (+5) *For DB's, use Zone Coverage Rating (Do NOT add 5)
Pass Accuracy - Convert %
Pass Arm Strength - Arm Strength (+15)
Pass Read Coverage - Read Defenses (+15)
Pass Rush - Rush Ability (+5) *For DB's, use Fight-Blocker Rating (Do NOT add 5)
Tackle - Tackling (+10)
Coverage - Man Coverage (+10) OR *Read & React for D-Linemen (Do NOT add 10)
Kick Power - 20 for Non-Kickers
Kick Accuracy - 20 for Non-Kickers
Stamina - All rookies will have 75 stamina, for now
Durablity - Durability (+10)
Leadership - Pride/Quit *Don't use this for QBs, see below
Scramble - Accuracy on Move
Composure - Clutch Play/Big Play
Consistency - Consistency (+10)
Aggressiveness - Instincts/Reactions
Break Tackle - This is a special case. For all players EXCEPT RBs, play strength will be the Break Tackle rating. For Running Backs, there is a formula for Break Tackle:

BREAK TACKLE For RBs = [(BODY TYPE + PLAY STRENGTH) Divided by 2, +10

So for a guy like LenDale White... you're looking at [(75+70)/2]+10 = ~83 Break Tackle Rating

Believe me, we did not want to make it so complex, but this was the trickiest rating to get correct so that all the BT ratings for the RBs came out consistent.

Also, QB's have a QB-specific LEADERSHIP rating on NFL.com's DA, so use that rating for leadership instead of "pride/quit".

All ratings on NFL.com's Draft Analyzer are from 1-10. So a player with a 8.0 rating in a category = an 80 in-game, unless otherwise altered according to the standard rubric above.

Speed is the one rating I left out because we should base this on the 40 times . The speed ratings and how the times translate into ratings in the game can be found here.

VERY IMPORTANT: ON THE DRAFT ANALYZER SITE, CERTAIN RATINGS FOR CERTAIN POSITIONS ARE NOT GIVEN. EXAMPLE, THE CATCH RATING FOR A QUARTERBACK. FOR NOW, ANY RATING NOT GIVEN SHOULD BE PUT AT "20" AND A NOTE TAKEN SO THAT WE CAN GET BACK TO IT LATER. ALSO, CLEAR THE PHOTOS OF ROOKIES YOU CREATE AS YOU GO ALONG PLEASE.

LET'S BE CONSISTENT; SET TEAM DEPTH CHARTS WILL GO ACCORDING TO THE OURLADS WEBSITE, HERE: http://www.ourlads.com/secure/index.cfm

JUST TO CLARIFY, SINCE MOST TEAMS HAVE WAY MORE PLAYERS THAN THEY ARE ALLOWED TO START THE SEASON WITH, WE WILL ONLY BE UPDATING ROSTERS TO A CERTAIN EXTENT IN THE DEPTH CHART. THIS WILL MAKE ROOM FOR PLAYERS TO BE CREATED. IF A ROOKIE IS NOT PUT IN AS A SIGNIFICANT PLAYER ON OURLADS, DO NOT CREATE HIM. THE REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

DEFENSE

SS AND FS - UP TO 2ND OR 3RD TEAM
OLB/ILB - UP TO 4TH TEAM
DE/DT - UP TO 4TH TEAM
CB - 6 CORNERBACKS

OFFENSE

QB - 4TH TEAM
RB - 4TH TEAM
FB - 2ND TEAM
WR - 6 RECEIVERS
TE - 3RD TEAM
T - 3RD TEAM FOR EACH SIDE
G - 3RD TEAM FOR EACH SIDE
C - 2ND TEAM

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-08-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm going to inject a little humor here things feel kinda tight so lets still have fun and stick to the "STANDARDS"....

Now about that humor thing...I've this feelin' I've seen this kind of thing in the "Ten Commandments" when Mosse (Flipmo23) came of that mountain with the "Laws" (STANDARDS) for man (The members involved) to live by just a funny thought to brighten up your day!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
Rookie

how do you feel about the part I just added Rickster?

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-04-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
hoe do you feel about the part I just added Rickster?

Pretty much speaks for itself all that has to be done is laid out and set-up in easy to follow instructions that any member casual or hardcore can follow and it doesn't exclude anyone with the tools and shareware to partcipate in and thats a good thing as in..."Community" meaning we all benifit and win coming out with something for all to be apart of as a "Community" I've a feeling this will re-energize an already strong presence for 2K Football gamers at the best site going still active in keeping not only the game of ESPN Football alive and stong at least here at "OS...Da Spot" but also the spirit and essence of the games true core fans among the member at this site and they can tell their friends and they can tell someone eles...we have an active ESPN 2K Football segment of players still playing the game...we ain't done yet theres still a Football season to be played and we're doing it 2K ESPN style with OS support from guys here who know and work at keeping the game alive and around for one more season...it ain't over yet!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Rickster, made some changes to the standard to reflect the fact that the scale is actually from 1-9 on NFLDA... very minor changes, and also added a standard to determine the JUMPING rating, which I somehow forgot.

edit - i just need to finish up 3 rookies to finish the NYG... I followed the standard posted above strictly, and Sinorice Moss comes out to a 75! Hopefully, all the CAPs will come out this good! I'll keep you guys posted, as I would like to finish my division tonight, as I have no work tomorrow.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-02-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Talking Re: *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

i wud like to take a min and thank u guys for this
i jus recently came accross all of this stuff that can be done w/ 2k5 because my madden had broken.
glad i cud bring back the 2k5

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW ROSTERS GUYS
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

ps: wish i cud contribute but i JUS got finns editor and am not too familiar w/ it as of yet
maybe next time
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

thanks alot to all of you who put all this work into these rosters i wasn't aware of all the new things being done with 2k5 and like an idiot i have been playing madden i can't wait to get this new roster when it's finished
thanks again to all who help with this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »