Home

*****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

This is a discussion on *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE***** within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Ok, I'll explain.

Toone is 3rd string, so he definitely would be included in this roster. Basically, the first thing you want to do with the Titans would be to check the entire roster for any players on that team that are either retired or not in the league anymore. If any of those players are not in the league, keep them on the team and edit them into rookies. If not, then go to the Free Agents list and have the Titans pick up a low rated, non-impact player (say, a 40 rated QB, or a 40 rated C, guys that won't play this year). Use that new acquired player and edit him into Toone.

Of course, you need to be careful not to edit players that ARE going to play this year, so you kind of have to do your HW a little bit. If you are going to assign a F/A to a team to edit them into a rookie, make sure that the F/A hasn't been picked up by a team in real life.

With that said, when it's your time to edit your division, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you out and walk you through the first team or two, to make sure you know what you're doing. I'm really happy that you're asking questions, it only serves to make sure this roster will be the definitive post-draft roster out there.

Well, when you start a franchise, the game uses the last loaded roster. So this is a ROSTER file that you will be able to use in both Quick Games AND Franchises, just make sure you load the roster before you start the franchise, and then save. There you go, a franchise with all the rookies. I'm doing the same, so I just wanted to clarify that.

EDIT - I just looked at the Titans depth chart @ www.ourlads.com and Toone shouldn't even be included in the roster, he is the 6th OLB. He's got Thornton/Bulluck/Newberry/Spencer/Nande playing in front of him. Think about it, in the game, the OLBs are put together, if you went as far as including 7th rounder Toone, he would have 6 OLBs playing in front of him. He would never play.

Looking at the entire roster, I'd say all the rookies the Titans drafted should be included except Toone, Orr, and Ganther.

Also, in the file we have, McNair was a F/A for some reason. Just make sure you put him back on the Titans.
Awesome. Thanks very much for the clarification. I didn't think there was an "add player" feature to Finn's, so that makes sense. Also, thanks for the clarification on the franchise. I didn't think about just loading this roster before beginning my next franchise. Duh. It sounds like I just won't be able to load the 2007 calendar, which is too bad. That's the nice thing about a "Franchise" file in Finn's (like Dave's). I did like the feature of having the "true" 2007 calendar. But an accurate-as-possible roster is more important to me.

Makes sense about the OLB thing too. I was looking at it as 3rd string ROLB (or LOLB...I forget), and not as the outside linebacker position as a whole. Thanks for the tip/info. I also noticed McNair in free agency, and he'll be put back. Although...how do you move him back? I couldn't find in Finn's where you can move players. Just copy their stats onto someone else. Do you have to go into the game on the xbox, move him, copy the file back out of UDATA, and re-create the zip file?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #18
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Don't worry....someone will:
-load up the roster from here
-start a franchise
-save it to AR
-open it in Finn's editor
-switch to the 2006 schedule
-save the Franchise file
-post it on OS

....thus, you have your NFL 2k7 with the 2006 schedule. Or, you could do it yourself.

Go Badgers!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
Don't worry....someone will:
-load up the roster from here
-start a franchise
-save it to AR
-open it in Finn's editor
-switch to the 2006 schedule
-save the Franchise file
-post it on OS

....thus, you have your NFL 2k7 with the 2006 schedule. Or, you could do it yourself.
Didn't think of that...which is why I posted it. Hoping someone would let me know (a very obvious) answer. Thanks much!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjortman
Thanks for the tip/info. I also noticed McNair in free agency, and he'll be put back. Although...how do you move him back? I couldn't find in Finn's where you can move players. Just copy their stats onto someone else. Do you have to go into the game on the xbox, move him, copy the file back out of UDATA, and re-create the zip file?
No, all editing, especially ratings, should be done IN-GAME. The only thing you should edit in the editor is the player name, position, and date of birth, along with whether or not he has dreads.

Try to use the editor as little as possible, to avoid freezing issues, etc after it's all said and done.

So move McNair from free agency by going to free agency in the game, and assigning him to the Titans. If there is no room to add a player, cut a player that is 5th/6th/7th string and add him.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #21
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
ALSO, CLEAR THE PHOTOS OF ROOKIES AS YOU GO ALONG PLEASE.
Do you mean for like last year's rookies or... ? That part kinda confused me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Do you mean for like last year's rookies or... ? That part kinda confused me.
Just the one's we're creating for this year.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
No, all editing, especially ratings, should be done IN-GAME. The only thing you should edit in the editor is the player name, position, and date of birth, along with whether or not he has dreads.

Try to use the editor as little as possible, to avoid freezing issues, etc after it's all said and done.

So move McNair from free agency by going to free agency in the game, and assigning him to the Titans. If there is no room to add a player, cut a player that is 5th/6th/7th string and add him.
Gotcha. Thanks for letting me know. I was planning on making all changes in Finn's editor. Now I know better.

I'll just patiently wait my turn now...
Old 05-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #24
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Whats up fellas Rickster101s in da house and we are "Live"! Check this, also in addtion to removing the photos for rookies don't forget to clear the players statistical data so the previous players data is cleared and does not accumulate on that players stats in other words clear all statiatical data his stats will start as if he were new to the leauge and he will be as a "Rookie" starting from scratch, brand new, day one a newly created "Rookie" from D.O.B to whatever edits we come up with no joke gentlemen...we're that good...not perfect but we can do these things and have as in last years "Rookie" players all done to update for 2K6 as in that brand new "Cadellic Williams" and now we're moving on to 2K7!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-03-2006 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »