Home

*****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

This is a discussion on *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE***** within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #25
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjortman
Thanks for the info Rickster, but I'm still a little confused. I understand what Finn's is, and what it's for. When you say "What you see in Finns editor are the games (ESPN NFL 2K5) "True" rookie generate class pools, those are not our creation we have nothing to do with any changes that happen there as you view them via Finns editor...they're part of the game (ESPN NFL 2K5) itself" - what rookie generated class pool? Roster files don't have "Draft Class" like franchise files, they just have the Free Agent pool.

I guess as a real-world example, since I have the AFC South, Spencer Toone was drafted by Tennessee. According to the depth chart at Ourlads, he's on the 3rd team, and according to the rules created here, we're doing up to 4th team for linebackers. Toone doesn't exist in the "base" roster file right now (most others for Tennessee are there, but he isn't). So...how do you decide who to edit to "make" him be Toone? Just find someone who is retired in the free agent pool? Then how do you assign them to the Titans?

Also, I didn't realize it until you mentioned this, but this is just for quick games? No franchise? Is there any way to export a roster file to use in a franchise file? I already have Dan's franchise file, with the 2007 schedule in it already (awesome), and a number of rookies. So is there a way, once this roster file is complete, to "meld" it with that franchise file? Or would I have to reproduce all of the rookies in that file again by myself?

I really only play franchise, so quick game doesn't have that much meaning to me. Thanks in advance.

Excellent question bro and one thats been ask before, heres the story....

Finns editor has a feature in it thats suppose to allow this type of file configuration for such programs however its first applications were set-up to do this with "Historic" teams and later exporting teams simular to the method used in "Madden"...however this isn't Madden and we don't know the "Code" enough to actually have it function as without hic-cups and some buggy oddities.

It has had issues like this since its introduction and was intended actually for use with the "Historic" teams done by "Capa" his specialty is working the rosters using those type of teams and he's amassed quite a collection of teams now and has a site featuring "Historic" teams...thats where the export feature shines at its best and "Capas" proof of that with what he's done using that feature and the only person I know who has actually gotten it to function in that capacity...now he is good!!!

I'm not exactly sure what the reasons and details were in full because its that complicated as for its radical function at times but we're not fighting with it and have decided to just work the front end of the game for our purposes as in creations and edits in the exhibition season carrying on into the Franchise which give the "User" options....

Play games with players and rookies all updated and available for the best of both worlds...guys who want that "Quick" game and guys who want to start their own Franchises with all teams completed and updated to the upcoming season.

The attempt to do it via the Franchise are seen in the results Dan77733 has contributed and for the most part they're not bad but limit you to only use them in the "Franchise"...we've optioned to do our own rosters so we can use them in both "Exhibition" and "Franchise" mode and guys can have a real "CHOICE" as to how they want to play the game, some guys aren't into the long drawn out seasons presented by Franchises and some are, the point is you have a choice as to how you want to play the game featuring the rosters and updates we as a Community have implimented in the game...totally set-up with creations of our own and not just any player but one calculated and edited via data and resources that allow us to mimick their attributes and other important data based on real time data.

I can see and understand you wanting to exclusively play in Franchise mode and I play Franchise modes myself but it has limited options as in not being able to do true "EXPORTS" due to the fact VC never had any such set-up for ESPN NFL 2K5...Madden does and it works within their game set-up that allows a variety of options including EAs very own NCAA game via draft classes and other options in it.

ESPN NFL 2K5 is a dated game as we all know and perhaps if the plug wasn't pulled they may have implimented this "Feature" at a later time...we'll never know but the potential is there via the use of Finns editor he just hasn't worked all those little things out to have it function flawlessly its probably the one thing that stands out as being too unstable to really get a full grasp of other then that the editor can handle just about any edit within reason and its proven to be a valued and welcomed tool/shareware program used by all rosters makers and is the only one of its kind I'm aware of and the best part is its free and Finn has been more then generious sharing this wonderful item with us and he does read the threads here and contributes by updating and putting in items in the editor as we use it moving along with updates he makes us aware of...now he is really really that good...ask any member who has ever use his editor...he's almost like me..."The One and Only"...theres only one Finn and he always comes thru with editor and updates when needed to help us all out and keeps us enjoying the game...strange for a guys whoes real passion is "Hockey" and he has and editor for that too along with what is a "Master" piece of an editor the one he did this season for ESPN NBA 2K6 Basketball...absolutly "Brilliant"!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-03-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

hey one thing you did do was update the players #
Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm sure others have as well, but I was bored this morning, and dl'd the roster to test out in franchise mode. I know that Dave's file caused some issues (QB being put in as punt returner), and others have discussed freezing in some files, but I wanted to report that I saw neither of these things. I played half of about 3 games, and simmed 2 or 3 seasons, and didn't find any glaring issues. So I was glad to hear that, and thought others might be as well. Just wanted to post it because I know it's a concern of a few people.

Keep up the good fight, gentlemen.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #28
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I'm sure others have as well, but I was bored this morning, and dl'd the roster to test out in franchise mode. I know that Dave's file caused some issues (QB being put in as punt returner), and others have discussed freezing in some files, but I wanted to report that I saw neither of these things. I played half of about 3 games, and simmed 2 or 3 seasons, and didn't find any glaring issues. So I was glad to hear that, and thought others might be as well. Just wanted to post it because I know it's a concern of a few people.

Keep up the good fight, gentlemen.

Thanks mjortman I'm sure thats great news to alot of guys and we did check the base roster used to be sure it was stable and not freeze up...thats why we tested and went through the file before anything was touched in it so rest assure that the file has gone through a check by us before we even posted for this project most everything was planned well ahead of time to make this project flow as smooth as possible and everyone involved pretty much on the same page.

I plan on working the file next with my teams/divisions when Flyboys completes his portion of the roster file so things are moving along as planned and everyone appears to be in step with whats going on as far as being involved in the project, you will be next inline after me so we're both waiting on the next file DL'd to work off of and update as for the file it will contain what Flipmo23 and Flyboy have done up to this point and I'm next waiting my turn sometime today when its ready for me to do my part then it'll be on you to work the file when I've completed it.

I played through some games myself checking thru it and so far everything is fine and I also haven't seen any issues with it at this time but we'll check it again each time one of us works the file to insure its integrity and free from any issues such as freezing and others mentioned early in the set-up of this project.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #29
Rookie

Just a thought, but to be safe, we should make sure we have backups each time before people start editing the files, just in case someone should make a change that creates a problem. Then we don't have to all start over. Not sure if one person should do this, or everyone (I personally plan on backing it up before I start making my changes), so I'll leave that up to others.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Flyboy should be done before the evening comes around.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #31
Rookie

One more thing, that may have been discussed (I can't remember now - WAY TOO MANY POSTS!!! ) is what do we do about FA's and trades as they happen? Should the person who's turn it is make some of these changes, if they affect their division? Or are we going to wait and let one person do all of them after the rooks are created?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
One more thing, that may have been discussed (I can't remember now - WAY TOO MANY POSTS!!! ) is what do we do about FA's and trades as they happen? Should the person who's turn it is make some of these changes, if they affect their division? Or are we going to wait and let one person do all of them after the rooks are created?
You update your team's up to the day you are working on it, and nothing else. At the end of the project, all F/As that were signed during the editing process will be done afterwards, as you speculated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »