Home

*****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

This is a discussion on *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE***** within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: *****OFFICIAL COMMUNITY DRAFT/ROSTER UPDATE*****

I like the changes made to the ratings standards Flipmo. I think your formula will provide ratings that are consistent with the rookies produced in franchise mode and with how the rook players were rated when the game was released, especially w/ the hands ratings cuz when I made a couple WRs with the DA standard they weren't catching anything in the game. I wasn't completely on board with using the Draft Analyzer as a standard because of this, but your modifications have sold me on it. This will definitely become the best 2k roster to date.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Flipmo - can you let us know how you added your rookies, so we can all be consistent? Are you just modifying the stats for the ones that are in the base roster? What about rook's not found in the roster? Are you creating new players, or editing existing ones?

Thanks, and look forward to all of us getting this done. Really looking forward to firing up 2k7 again...er....2k5, i mean
Old 05-03-2006, 03:06 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjortman
Flipmo - can you let us know how you added your rookies, so we can all be consistent? Are you just modifying the stats for the ones that are in the base roster? What about rook's not found in the roster? Are you creating new players, or editing existing ones?

Thanks, and look forward to all of us getting this done. Really looking forward to firing up 2k7 again...er....2k5, i mean
Read the thread, it is all outlined. We're all going by the process outlined above.

The NFC EAST is now done. Flyboy is next in line, he's got the NFC SOUTH. Rickster and I will be monitoring everything, making sure that the rookie caps are being created according to recipe and that the depth charts are as exact as possible. This WILL be the roster that OS will be known for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Read the thread, it is all outlined. We're all going by the process outlined above.

The NFC EAST is now done. Flyboy is next in line, he's got the NFC SOUTH. Rickster and I will be monitoring everything, making sure that the rookie caps are being created according to recipe and that the depth charts are as exact as possible. This WILL be the roster that OS will be known for.
I wasn't talking about how the rookies are modified in regards to stats, but rather in Finn's editor, for the rookies not found in the base roster. I don't see anywhere where it talks about if you created these players from scratch or just modified players way down the depth chart. The main reason I ask is because I have never found an "Add Player" feature in Finn's, and I just wonder if I'm missing something.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #13
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I wasn't talking about how the rookies are modified in regards to stats, but rather in Finn's editor, for the rookies not found in the base roster. I don't see anywhere where it talks about if you created these players from scratch or just modified players way down the depth chart. The main reason I ask is because I have never found an "Add Player" feature in Finn's, and I just wonder if I'm missing something.

Lets see if I can explain here abit, the editor is not a product of anything from MS but rather a shareware tool/program created soley by Finn he's into doing these type of programs for guys like us who edit and create roster programs using it via editing and other addtions/changes the editor allow us access to as in "Hidden" ratings not seen in the in-game program changes ranging from uniforms to all access to ratings not seen in the in game screens...the editor give us access to those certain items seen only via the editor and allows you to change them.

The game itself already has "Stock" file programs that randomly generate rookies this is how you get them in the Franchise it has nothing to do with Finns editor and I believe the in-game stock rookie files holds something like 300 to 350 something rookies in it...the Franchise...other then editing them in the Franchise mode which is a totally different thing altogether you won't see thm but you're in luck because such a roster does exsit and its a "Franchise" roster done by Dan77733 see the roster threads for his file.

What you see in Finns editor are the games (ESPN NFL 2K5) "True" rookie generate class pools, those are not our creation we have nothing to do with any changes that happen there as you view them via Finns editor...they're part of the game (ESPN NFL 2K5) itself our rookies used for 2K7 are as acurrate as possible representations of how we've calculated them and rate accordinly base on our research and dealing with the game and it idiosyncratic behavior we've manage to keep it going fairly strong among ourselves here with great success...not perfect but some of us are still paying 2K Football from 2K4 and up with what we're doing with it.

Our creations we've included in the exhibition portion of the game and also by editing retired or players no longer in the league or game itself so we basically edited, update and reprogram/re-tool the game from the rosters portion of the game nothing radical other then a little editing here and there officer and we're all pretty much "OS" board certified so I guess you can call us the keepers of teh Flame or whatever we're just good at doin' what we do and it is what it is...yeah we're that good is that so bad...you won't tell on us will you? j/k

There is no Add in feature to this game or editor in that sense what rookies you see in the game are creations to update them to NFL players represented for this season starting from the retired players,FA pick ups blah blah blah and signing ect ect we've followed the NFL updates trades tranactions and moves fairly close ( thanx everyone who contributed there) and have been able to re-tool the rosters to a more current update via Finns editor and our collective efforts to keep the roster files updated for sometime now.

Call us crazy but we're that good really and we still play this game!!!

P.S. If you have a Franchise file you will ba able to see and edit those rookie in it but it must be a Franchise File and Dan777333 is one such file but read his thread first about how to use it see him for details and good luck heh heh heh!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-03-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #14
Rookie

Thanks for the info Rickster, but I'm still a little confused. I understand what Finn's is, and what it's for. When you say "What you see in Finns editor are the games (ESPN NFL 2K5) "True" rookie generate class pools, those are not our creation we have nothing to do with any changes that happen there as you view them via Finns editor...they're part of the game (ESPN NFL 2K5) itself" - what rookie generated class pool? Roster files don't have "Draft Class" like franchise files, they just have the Free Agent pool.

I guess as a real-world example, since I have the AFC South, Spencer Toone was drafted by Tennessee. According to the depth chart at Ourlads, he's on the 3rd team, and according to the rules created here, we're doing up to 4th team for linebackers. Toone doesn't exist in the "base" roster file right now (most others for Tennessee are there, but he isn't). So...how do you decide who to edit to "make" him be Toone? Just find someone who is retired in the free agent pool? Then how do you assign them to the Titans?

Also, I didn't realize it until you mentioned this, but this is just for quick games? No franchise? Is there any way to export a roster file to use in a franchise file? I already have Dan's franchise file, with the 2007 schedule in it already (awesome), and a number of rookies. So is there a way, once this roster file is complete, to "meld" it with that franchise file? Or would I have to reproduce all of the rookies in that file again by myself?

I really only play franchise, so quick game doesn't have that much meaning to me. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I guess as a real-world example, since I have the AFC South, Spencer Toone was drafted by Tennessee. According to the depth chart at Ourlads, he's on the 3rd team, and according to the rules created here, we're doing up to 4th team for linebackers. Toone doesn't exist in the "base" roster file right now (most others for Tennessee are there, but he isn't). So...how do you decide who to edit to "make" him be Toone? Just find someone who is retired in the free agent pool? Then how do you assign them to the Titans?
Ok, I'll explain.

Toone is 3rd string, so he definitely would be included in this roster. Basically, the first thing you want to do with the Titans would be to check the entire roster for any players on that team that are either retired or not in the league anymore. If any of those players are not in the league, keep them on the team and edit them into rookies. If not, then go to the Free Agents list and have the Titans pick up a low rated, non-impact player (say, a 40 rated QB, or a 40 rated C, guys that won't play this year). Use that new acquired player and edit him into Toone.

Of course, you need to be careful not to edit players that ARE going to play this year, so you kind of have to do your HW a little bit. If you are going to assign a F/A to a team to edit them into a rookie, make sure that the F/A hasn't been picked up by a team in real life.

With that said, when it's your time to edit your division, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you out and walk you through the first team or two, to make sure you know what you're doing. I'm really happy that you're asking questions, it only serves to make sure this roster will be the definitive post-draft roster out there.

Quote:
Also, I didn't realize it until you mentioned this, but this is just for quick games? No franchise? Is there any way to export a roster file to use in a franchise file? I already have Dan's franchise file, with the 2007 schedule in it already (awesome), and a number of rookies. So is there a way, once this roster file is complete, to "meld" it with that franchise file? Or would I have to reproduce all of the rookies in that file again by myself?

I really only play franchise, so quick game doesn't have that much meaning to me. Thanks in advance.
Well, when you start a franchise, the game uses the last loaded roster. So this is a ROSTER file that you will be able to use in both Quick Games AND Franchises, just make sure you load the roster before you start the franchise, and then save. There you go, a franchise with all the rookies. I'm doing the same, so I just wanted to clarify that.

EDIT - I just looked at the Titans depth chart @ www.ourlads.com and Toone shouldn't even be included in the roster, he is the 6th OLB. He's got Thornton/Bulluck/Newberry/Spencer/Nande playing in front of him. Think about it, in the game, the OLBs are put together, if you went as far as including 7th rounder Toone, he would have 6 OLBs playing in front of him. He would never play.

Looking at the entire roster, I'd say all the rookies the Titans drafted should be included except Toone, Orr, and Ganther.

Also, in the file we have, McNair was a F/A for some reason. Just make sure you put him back on the Titans.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-03-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #16
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Okay, I have the day off of work so after I finish this last class for today and run some errands I'll be working on my section all day and they will be finished by tonight. I'll also do the AFC West section too but just not tonight.. I'll wait until it's my turn to come again. That sound cool?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »