Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

Oh! Hehe, I meant both actually. Trying to figure out a good ratio with the CPU's average per rush - and I had played my game last night. I think I might have overdone it a little too much in regards to the CPU's running ability. Last I remember at the 1st half of my game last night, he was 20 yards on 12 attempts...forgot what the outcome was! I'll have to start it up and check out the log again. The final score of my DEN vs SD (me) game was 31-14. Two of my scores were from the ground - I busted a lengthy 70 something yard romp to the end zone for one score, and a 1 yarder push into the end zone for my second. Threw 2 interceptions, but still managed a 50% completion...I think I was 11 out of 23 attempts passing wise. Plummer tossed 2 TDs, and one of the interceptions I had thrown went back for a TD as well. Not to mention on their special teams, they managed to have a kick return going back for a touchdown. Chris Berman was kind enough to rub that in on the Prime Time; not to mention the little special addition to it: "...1st Kick Return TD of the year" or something like that.

I was going to post about this late last night, but was too tired... - While I had thought I had to tweak around with the Human running ability again, I got stopped for some no gains and losses on 3 series following my big play into the endzone. Thing is, I also really stopped the CPU too much - I think Clinton Portis' average per rush by the end of the game was like 2.6, which I don't think should be the case.

Reason being for me lowering the Human and CPU running sliders was because at the default, I was amassing some crazy yards; as well as the CPU. I think I should've just moved the notch left for the CPU once or twice...haven't tried it yet though. A lot of the points DEN scored on me were from turnovers - my QB fumbled a ball while getting sacked, and I had managed to hold them off from scoring a TD, but Elam kicked a FG and all.

In the end, really, I think I crippled the CPU running game just a little too much. LT ended the game with 12 carries for 90 yards and 2 TDs. I had that big play earlier in the 1st quarter, but after that, my attempts have been for 4-8 yards - however, I also got stopped for no gains and losses too.

I'm trying to check if I can get the gamecast again for the game I had played last night; but I only see the highlights in my e-mail. Lassiter led the team with 10 TKLs and all, and they mentioned LT...but I guess old box scores are inaccessible. The PrimeTime show did list a few others - like Jake Plummer's 265 yards through the air...but I don't have specific gameday stats to show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

The computer uses the clock better in this game so I go 15min.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:27 PM   #43
Rookie

I have also noticed that there have been a few too many broken tackles. Emmitt Smith went crazy against me because of broken tackles, so this slider might need to be adjusted.

Anyone else disspointed that if you change the sliders (which most of us do) that many of the things in the CRIB cannot be unlocked? I want to adjust the sliders, but I also want to unlock some more things for the crib. If you change penalties and the sliders, it doesn't allow them to be opened. Bummer.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:50 PM   #44
Rookie

That was one of the first things I noticed about this game; the broken tackles and all. Granted, on some plays and with some personnel, one defender isn't always going to bring down the receiver or back, I've been trying to find a good balance. I guess Human Pursuit and Tackle would be the ones to tinker with; though I wouldn't lower them too drastically...
Old 09-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

Medway said:
Quote:

texdirtbag said:
I dont know if this has been stated before, but do the sliders get harder if you move them left or right?

Or think of it this way. Left makes that ability worse, rightmakes it better. so if the cpu is running too muchlower their rushing. If you are passing too well lower your passing. If youre not talking well enough then raise your talking. If the cpu has bad coverage then raise their coverage etc...

So, it's the same as Madden. The reason i asked is because in last year's 2K, it was opposite of Madden. im relatively knew to this game, Ive played Madden for years. I just wanted to see if the sliders worked the same as Madden. It's great that Sega put in more sliders this year and made them "maddenesque"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 02:49 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone going to discuss multiplayer slider settings? I don't intend to play the CPU, ever, in this game. XboxLive only for me.

Should we discuss that in here or start a seperate multiplayer slider thread?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:10 PM   #47
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Can you even use sliders in multiplayer?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:12 PM   #48
Rookie

That's a good question. Checking out the box, underneath the ESRB rating, I notice the "Game Experience May Change During Online Play".

No clue if sliders affect it or not...maybe?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »