Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2003, 07:44 AM   #441
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

Yeah, for computer and human. yes, it is changed to "custom" once you touch them. Everything is at the default All Pro setting except the Pursuit and Tackling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 08:18 AM   #442
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
My sliders are basicall All Pro default with Pursuit and Tackling bumped up +5. My stats with Carolina are pretty good. I am at the top in defense, and at the bottom of the league in offense.

That sounds like the fix I need. The pursuit and tackling bumped up. Btw is this for CPU - AND - human???
Old 09-10-2003, 08:21 AM   #443
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

yes, human and computer
Old 09-10-2003, 08:43 AM   #444
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

DirtyDozen said:
NoleFan & Abner, are you two still using the tweaked penalties sliders, or are you playing with those on default also?

Abner, what kind of stats does the CPU put up when you're playing defense on Pro? Does that help with having too many broken tackles, but still allow players to accumulate stats as they should based on their abilities?

Oh very much so. Now all of this is going to depend on your skill level but man..for some reason I cannot stop the pass on All Pro default. Not only that but my DBs cannot run down ANYONE. I knew something was amiss when the Pittsburgh TE caught a slant at the 50 and outran my entire secondary for a TD. On Pro, the pursuit is much, much better. The only limit I put on myself is that I don't sprint off the end when rushing the QB. It's a bit too easy to speed rush on Pro but if you can stop from doing that you can still get good pressure by using power moves and swims, etc. And yes..tackle breaking is still there but it's not insane like it is on All Pro. It works for me at least. All of my games using the All Pro/Pro switch have been very competitive. But again if you don't have a probem playing D on All pro I'd stick with that. Also, returning punts on Pro makes it much, much better. You actually have some room to run. Just make sure on Kickoffs you have it back to All Pro. The kickoff coverage in this game sucks.

As for Penalties, I tweak them, most definately. Not sure of the exact settings off top of my head.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:49 AM   #445
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

NoleFan said:
Quote:

Bbucsfan said:
A little rant if I may,

I have been playing this game trying to find the perfect sliders and all this has done is give me a big headache. I have given up and went back to all-pro (default), which I never really had a problem with in the first place. I just get caught up in all this slider talk, and it has just sucked out all the fun out for me.

I mean, what is realistic? too easy? too hard? I have conclusion that we....excuse me....that I spend too much time going back and forth with sliders trying to find the perfect results.....results that I should be able to expect. But, what's the fun in that?

Ive tried Nolefans sliders and have gotten great results, but the Games just feel too scripted to me now. If I give up a big run, I'm sitting there wondering if my sliders are off, instead of wondering if I called the wrong defense. If I blow a team out or get blown out, what sliders can I adjust to fix this.

If I won as Tampa bay over the Eagles 17-0....or shut out New England with Buffalo 37-0, then is that too easy?....should I adjust the sliders.

Im just tired of sliders and will go back to how I used to play games way back in the day. All-Pro default is just fine with me and is very challenging for my skill level. I just see it as all the sliders being set at 20 (middle) so all players must play as they are rated.....right?
As a matter of fact I just played my 1st game of my "new" franchise as the bucs and Philly crushed me....24-7 (with my only td coming off a D Brooks INT returned for a td). Now, i am not going to wonder if my sliders were off.....even though Duce tore me up for 152 yards. I just have to play better defense next time. Now the game is fun for me again.

Sorry for the long rant, I just wanted to share my feelings about these sliders.

Good luck guys.

BTW.....changing the speed to fast on all pro makes a world of difference.

Man I couldn't have said it better myself. I stopped playin with my sliders a long time ago but I kept commenting on it to help others out. I hate sliders in all games. There is a level for you of the default levels in my opinion. My problem has always been that instead of doing me I would always get caught in how somebody else was playing. ---- that.

With that said, I am off to do me.

Yeah! Where's Bill Abner? Him and JRod started all this junk with their "Serious game-killing problem" crap. All this does is make everyone raise their eyebrow every time a post play is completed. Bah. Sometimes I complete them sometimes I don't. Sometimes Holcomb goes for 429 sometimes he gets his *** kicked (ha ha silly Holcomb supporters)If you watched the Pittsburgh playoff game, Holcomb completed 5-6 corner routes on the Steelers so hey...When I can pass for 400 yards every single time is when i'll panic...

I'm right here and have been since the start of the thread. And I COULD do that with Holcomb when I first started playing. Hell I had KJ getting 300 yards receiving per game before (as I said ealrier in this thread) the game seemed to finally catch on as to what I was doing. It wasn't "crap" it was a legitimate complaint that I was not alone in seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 09:04 AM   #446
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

All I have been doing is playing default all-pro with the coverage sliders for both teams raised to 30. I got sick of both QBs going 20-23 and 24-28 every game. Raising the coverage slider fixed that problem.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #447
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

I had the same problem Graphik, I lowered the passing and catching, guess it did the same thing as moving coverage up.

I forgot that I lowered those. So here are my settings. Everything All Pro default except:

Human and CPU tackling +5
Human and CPU Pursuit +5

Human and CPU Throwing -5
Human and CPU Catching -5
Old 09-10-2003, 09:16 AM   #448
Banned

OVR: 18

Just my 2 cent. But it seems like each team has its own personality in the game that sort adds its own individual game to game sliders, for instance. I am the Rams and I played the seahawks. The game was 0-0 going into the 4th qtr. I mean it was a defensive struggle. Shawn alexander had 30 carries for 130 yards, and I made him earn every freakin yard. Marshall was injured for me, so I had to lean on kurt warner.

Anyway, seattle won 13-7. I think I played greenbay next, Ahman green had over a hundred, but I shut Brett down, as a matter of fact greenbay was going for a game winning touchdown and I intercepted brett to close the deal. I play on all pro default settings, the only thing I changed is the penalties and qtr length. It seems that VC has implemented an intangible AI into the game. Simply stated, each game plays different dependant upon who you are playing, where you are playing, and at what time of the season (preseason was far easier than regular) It makes the game play like real football, because anything can happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »