Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #833
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

oh lol i had no idea. well with cpu running on 0, first play shawn alexander goes 92 yards untouched....i know it happens in nfl, he ended up with 217 rush yards i was the cardinals trying to take a bad team to the playoffs..

currently settings are same for both sides using someones sliders from this thread just not sure i remember who lol.

blocking-18
passing-21
running-3
catching-7
coverage-28
pursuit-27
tackling-26
kicking-0

im using healfans for 2k5...

all on all pro defaults accept cpu blocking passing and running at 35.

i like 2k5 so much but its hard to get a good passing completion rate%

2k4 cant stop the run. but its faster gameplay is more lifelike in 2k4. better presentation....if you could stop the run somehow it would be perfect.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #834
Banned

Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
I'm playing 2k4 right now and I was having the same issue with the tackling or inability to tackle. I looked on some threads in 2003 and and they solved the issue. You need to take your defensive player and never press the tackle button. The running back will always break your tackle that way. Every time you must just run into the RB without pressing the dive tackle button and trust me this will massively reduce the amount of broken tackles in the game. I have even gone back to my tackle slider at 20 (or All Pro settings). Works like charm

Let me know what you think
the same is true for 2k5
X button tackling is only good for when you need to actually dive tackle. In 2k5 tapping it is also good when trying to break up passes

in all my time playing 2k4, it was the only game where I could go into the playoffs and might not win
Old 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #835
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Now that the 2k4 editor is out, I'd like to see what the best sliders are for this game.

Gillgoldberg released a set, but I'm not sure if there are other sliders which are optimal given the history of the game.

Anyone have any recommended sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #836
Pro

Re: The Way To Go With Sliders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBlitz
Firstly, I want to congratulate Nolefan and Bbucsfan on their incredible work on sliders. Although everyone deserves to be commended for their efforts, those two guys hit the nail on the head for realism and exciting gameplay in accordance with how the game was engineered.

All sliders MUST OFFSET for realism! For example, if you have the HUMAN PASSING at 10, set the CPU PASSING at 10 as well. That's the whole reason for player ratings and practice. Make it an even field, and if you still get blown away, evaluate your roster and get on the practice field more.

Not only must the sliders offset for HUMAN and CPU, but the OFFENSE AND DEFENSE must offset as well. Like Bbucsfan stated earlier:
CPU BLOCK + HUMAN PURSUIT = 40, and vice versa
CPU RUN + HUMAN TACKLE = 40, and vice versa
CPU PASS/CATCH + HUMAN COVERAGE = 40, and vice versa

I played an ENTIRE SEASON with Nolefan's sliders and adam31's penalty settings without changing a thing, and the following is what I found:

Using the Cleveland Browns (Go Browns!) with the default roster, I finished the season 11-5. I defeated New England in the Wild Card at Cleveland, and then got thumped by the Raiders in the Divisional Playoff at Oakland.

Regarding Nolefan's sliders:
1. I had way too many rushing yards, no matter who was in my backfield.
2. I had way too many sacks.
3. I threw too many interceptions.
4. I allowed too few passing yards.
5. I allowed too many rushing yards.
6. I allowed too many sacks.

Regarding adam31's penalty sliders:
1. WAY too many Defensive Pass Interference calls.
2. Too many clipping calls.
3. Facemask calls were about right.
4. Too many Roughing The Passer calls.
Everything else was pretty much nonexistent. I hardly ever saw a holding call, and I NEVER saw a false start.

I also played the season on NORMAL speed, and the DBs and LBs were too easy to cut on with my HB without even juking them. FAST speed is VITAL, as others have stated, to have a realistic defensive reaction to your offense.

HERE ARE MY NEW SLIDERS, STAYING CONSISTENT WITH THE GAME'S DESIGNERS' PURPOSE:
HUM/CPU Blocking - Was 10, now 15
HUM/CPU Passing - Was 10, now 15
HUM/CPU Running - Was 10, now 5
HUM/CPU Catching - Was 10, now 15
HUM/CPU Coverage - Was 30, now 25
HUM/CPU Pursuit - Was 30, now 25
HUM/CPU Tackling - Was 30, now 35
HUM/CPU Kicking - Was 20, now 10 (Not enough room on Punt Return, realistically)
HUM/CPU Fatigue - Was 0, now 5

HERE ARE MY NEW PENALTY SLIDERS:
Neutral Zone Infraction - 40
Defensive Pass Interference - 20
Offensive Pass Interference - 40
Offensive Holding - 40
Defensive Holding - 40
Late Hit - 40
Clipping - 25
Roughing the Passer - 25
Roughing the Kicker - 25
Illegal Receiver Downfield - 40
Face Mask - 25

Sub In - Was 80, now 75
Sub Out - Stays at 50

Announcer Volume - 40
PA Volume - 30
Sound Effects Volume - 25
Crowd Volume - 30
Player Voice Volume - 25

Quarter Length - 8-10 (Try to average 55-70 plays per game)

For the camera, whatever you do, you MUST have the pass plays ZOOM OUT!

There you go! REMEMBER: Everyone has a different skill level, so a set of universal sliders for everyone is IMPOSSIBLE. What you need to do, though, is follow the CPU/HUMAN equality ratio, and the OFFENSE/DEFENSE sliders offset ratios. The penalty settings I've listed should add to the realism as well.

A final note, don't base these settings on ONE GAME! Like I said, I played a full season without changes so I could get a true feel as to what needs to be fixed. If you play 8 games, for example, and you think that you are allowing WAY too many big runs and rushing yards, then decrease BOTH the CPU and Human running while increasing BOTH the CPU and HUMAN tackling.

Hope this settles all slider disputes. I have read all of the posts in this thread, and feel that the above information is accurate and real! GOOD STUFF!!!
Using these in my raiders franchise.
Lol, I lost 19-6 opening day to the titans.
It was 6-3 titans mid 3rd then Eddie George finally sprung out past 100 yds.
It was pouring rain, I fumbled threw a pick six, could not get the running game going, jevon kearse and Kris carter blew my backfield up.
Avg 1.6 ypc.
I lost because I didn't make the right reads, throws, and no running game, or make the right D calls, and I just got overpowered. Love it!!!!
This is why I come back to this game from ps3 lol next up Bengals (crosses fingers)
May try 10 hum running/30cpu tackle but I looked at the stats when the Raiders played the Titans that year charlie garner only had two yards per carry so it seems about right
Only got about 100 plays total with 8 min qtrs may go to 9. Just don't like playing long games I know its old news but heck its a great game way better than 2k5.

Last edited by rbartlett81; 03-18-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 AM   #837
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I've been playing around with these "Zero" sliders and must say it has to be the best way to really play this game they are incredible in giving you the best realistic gameplay for ESPN 2004.

No I'm not just blowin' hot air here fellas these "Zero" sliders play a truely realistic game and to add to it a bit I set my CPU subs at 60/100 to get realistic playing time for bench players at 11 min quarters.

Most games are good with realistic stats and final scores even the injuries pop up after good hits and runs are kept in check with the occassional long run depending on who your back is and who's in for a sub which makes a big difference when needing a critical block,all in all "Zero" sliders are the way to go and be sure to have those penalty sliders set right to call back that long run that was due to a clip or hold it does happen in real games and can happen here too in video football so I to will endorse them as the ones to use for head to head or coach they are that good.

Of course there are other sliders that are just s good but these really play the game out well and will give you a new look at the game,see if they fit your style of play their that good really.

Holla Back
Rickster101
yes i am still playing2k4/2k5 im in love with 2k5 graphics lol....question though the perfet zero sliders, are the everything at 0 for 2k5
Old 03-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #838
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Me and the CPU were getting way too many rushing yards so I tweaked my sliders a little: lowered blocking and running -5 for human and CPU

My sliders if anyone wants them. I am about to start my 2nd season. 20 being default for All Pro setting. 9 minute quarters.

Human/Computer

block 15/15
pass 15/15
run 15/15
catch 15/15
pur 28/28
cover 20/20
tkl 28/28
kick 15/15
Fat 20/20
I know its old news but I still play the game I've gone through the madden torture the only madden I like is Madden 12 I'm using your sliders for 2 K 4 and for 2 K 5 what is your penalties though
Old 02-04-2023, 09:07 AM   #839
Just started!

Lol idk if anyone is still on here but it seems like these sliders are pretty legit. I e recently started playing again via my emulator for ps2. Only issue I’m having is it seems like the right tackle can never block the DE, regardless of who it is. They just let them through and I get sacked in like .5 seconds. Anyone in here know a fix?
Old 06-18-2023, 02:28 PM   #840
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin93
Lol idk if anyone is still on here but it seems like these sliders are pretty legit. I e recently started playing again via my emulator for ps2. Only issue I’m having is it seems like the right tackle can never block the DE, regardless of who it is. They just let them through and I get sacked in like .5 seconds. Anyone in here know a fix?
Im having the exact same problem, I had to play an entire game out the shotgun because my RT would let the DE through on every play, not even a simple bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »