Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

I dont know if this has been stated before, but do the sliders get harder if you move them left or right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 11:05 PM   #26
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Stats from game 1 of my Browns franchise tonight after spending most of the day with the game. (Slider thoughts below)

All pro tweaked sliders:

Browns 32
Colts 31

Holcomb: 17/26 191 yds 2 TD 0 INT
Manning: 12/20 205 3 TD 1 INT (last play of the game)

Green: 17 carries 168 yds
Jamel White 4 carries 94 yds
Edge: 29 carries 161 yds

Rec:

Morgan: 8/94 yds
KJ: 6/75
Harrison: 3/60

Thoughts:

Obviously the running game needs some fixin. It's WAY too easy to take a high agile player and weave through traffic on sweep plays. The HB can cut on a dime (literally) and the defenders have a hard time reacting. Hopefully more slider tweaks can help this as I didn't touch the run sliders.

Passing: As a test I ran mostly flag routes to WRs and TEs and Holcomb dissected Indy's secondary as a result going 17/26. I currently have the sliders lowered for human passing and catching but this felt a bit too easy since I really did run the same few routes most of the game. Note: in all the games I have played today...I have thrown 1 INT on a tipped pass. That's it.

So far I like the game and LOVE the presentation. In a recap of week 1 Berman went into NFL Primetime mode and they showed a highlight of the Denver/Cincy game and Berman even called the play as it happened. It was marvelous. If the sliders can help the running game and make passing tougher the game will be a certified winner. If not...well we'll see.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:07 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

texdirtbag said:
I dont know if this has been stated before, but do the sliders get harder if you move them left or right?

Human (Left) = Harder
CPU (Right) = Harder

Go to the difficulty screen and switch between Rookie/Pro/ All Pro/Legend. You'll see and figure out the pattern.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:00 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

I'll chime in hear. Lowered sliders for running.

Den/Cincy. All-Pro

Portis

4 for 148. Two TD runs of over 60 yards. I then had to turn it off and start again becuase I was in the middle of breaking my 5th run for a 40 yards.

Passing: They seem to have gone too far to the right this year. Last year they couldn't catch anything, this year they are a little too good.

Lastly isn't kinda easy to "get out the keys and drive". In my short time I've had drives of over 15=16 plays. That's not out the realm of possibilty but it just didn't feel right. That I need more time with.

I just hope it's not like WSB where even on Legend it's still easy.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:31 AM   #29
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I love this game and it's one of the best this year. I just want to know if sliders will be officially posted like we did with Madden? I know it's a bit early and everyone is in a testing stage since the game just came out.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:27 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tinkered around a bit to establish a 'feel' of the game and what not, but here's some initial things:

From the default 'All-Pro' settings, the only things I tinkered with were: Human and CPU Passing, Running, and Fatigue. I moved all 5 notches left. Played around a bit; my running game seems to be under control (occasional big gains, stops for losses and no gains)

Kind of rough, really. Also depends on how one plays the game, I'd imagine. In the end, nothing fancy! I'm sure you guys have already tweaked those around more so.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:04 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Hi everyone, good to see some of my boyz from the "other" slider forums...

Anyhow, I only played two games on default all-pro but I noticed a few things.

#1 Too easy for the CPU and Human to run. Obviously this is the broken tackle thing, and I'm sure easily fixed.

#2. I played 8 min quarters and the stats didn't seem enough. How many minutes are you guys playing at?

#3. MOst everything else was pretty dead on stats wise, which is impressive.

Well I still need lots of testing so I hope to have some sliders in a week or so. I don't think it will take as long as Madden did. Can't wait to hear what you guys come up with. Oh and THIS GAME'S AWESOME!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 05:44 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

texdirtbag said:

Or think of it this way. Left makes that ability worse, rightmakes it better. so if the cpu is running too muchlower their rushing. If you are passing too well lower your passing. If youre not talking well enough then raise your talking. If the cpu has bad coverage then raise their coverage etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »