Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2003, 11:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

Wow. Those sound impressive. So far, I only started from All-Pro settings, and bumped up Human tackling and pursuit by probably 5-8 notches or so, with 10 minute quarters. I haven't touched the CPU at all one bit; and I barely edged out a season opener to KC 28-27. They had a chance to take the lead with a 30 yard field goal; but they ended up trying to go for it on 4th down.

Actually; I really thought they were going for the field goal; as I've chosen the field goal defense play...but by the time I realized it, it was too late to audible or what not - but luckily, my lineman sacked Trent Green!

75% for the CPU sliders? Wow...I might have to give that a try. Despite being horrible at it, I'll try a quick game with those settings...
Old 09-03-2003, 12:21 PM   #10
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

hukarez - was the cpu on the 30 and did not kick the FG, or was it a 30 yard FG that they did not try? Either way they should have tried the kick if it was a game winner, but it's more forgivable if the ball was on the 30, some kickers are reaching their max range at that yardage.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:49 PM   #11
Rookie

I believe it was a 30 yard field goal that they would've tried for - at least, that's what the commentary was saying. Pretty hilarious on the commentary, with Peter and Dan bashing KC for not going ahead for the game winning FG. They were very close to my red zone and all, and I got them to 4th down. The conditions were a bit iffy - it was raining and the like. Bear in mind, this is just game 1 of my regular season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 12:52 PM   #12
Rookie

Hey Boiler, what kind of stats are you seeing with the CPU after weekly games? I just noticed something interesting: Derrick Brooks was highlighted as one of the players for the week with 18 TKLS. That's right - 18 TKLS. This is just week 1 too, BTW...

Checking around the league, I see a good number of defenders with 12-16 TKLs per game. Does this seem right?

My Simmed quarter length for CPU games is at the default 5 minutes.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is there a "Pursuit" slider like in 2k3 that will help offset the breakaway speed? Breakaway speed is good and all, but I've seen some posts that say it's a little unbalanced. I noticed it in the demo too.

I've seen linebackers take INTs to the house from 50 yards out with fast WR's and RB's on their tail the whole way, but they're always unable to close the gap and make the tackle.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Yup! From what I can gather, both Human and CPU have 'Pursuit' sliders. I guess this was in 2K3 also? Not so sure...
Old 09-03-2003, 02:27 PM   #15
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

hukarez said:
Hey Boiler, what kind of stats are you seeing with the CPU after weekly games? I just noticed something interesting: Derrick Brooks was highlighted as one of the players for the week with 18 TKLS. That's right - 18 TKLS. This is just week 1 too, BTW...

Checking around the league, I see a good number of defenders with 12-16 TKLs per game. Does this seem right?

My Simmed quarter length for CPU games is at the default 5 minutes.

Check out this link on League leaders for Tackles

So it may be a little high maybe you can find a way for subs to be accurately put in for simmed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 02:51 PM   #16
Rookie

I'll probably check out the weekly rankings again by the time the second half of my season is in play to see if there's any change in the numbers. I'm hoping they were just fluke games - I would imagine at the rate of 18 or so tackles a game, they might double the number of totals on that NFL link by the time the season ends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »