Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #17
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Also let's get some good preliminary discussion about what may need tweaking before we just start posting random sliders.

Thanks

Using base All Pro level:

Human passing is way too easy. I can control the clock at will with the Browns. The CPU D has no chance. Definately an area that needs tweaking.

Maybe it's the passing and maybe it's the receiving. I watched in utter shock as Browns TE Steve Heiden made three one handed catches in the same series. Heiden...well he shouldn't be able to do that...

Human kicking seems a bit easy on All Pro as well.

I kinda like the human tackle slider. It may be a shade low but I like that rarely will one man take a player down. You need to swarm.

Anyway right now I'm focusing on the human pass game before worrying about other areas. I mean Holcomb is my boy but 75% completion in the games I have played seems a bit much.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

As far as tackles go, you must remember that tackles are not an official NFL stat because it is so hard to determine who was a contributing factor when there are larger piles. So, players are constantly cheated on their tackle totals. If you look at the team media guides some LB tackle totals are twice that what the NFL has recorded.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:01 PM   #19
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
Quote:

NoleFan said:
Also let's get some good preliminary discussion about what may need tweaking before we just start posting random sliders.

Thanks

Using base All Pro level:

Human passing is way too easy. I can control the clock at will with the Browns. The CPU D has no chance. Definately an area that needs tweaking.

Maybe it's the passing and maybe it's the receiving. I watched in utter shock as Browns TE Steve Heiden made three one handed catches in the same series. Heiden...well he shouldn't be able to do that...

Human kicking seems a bit easy on All Pro as well.

I kinda like the human tackle slider. It may be a shade low but I like that rarely will one man take a player down. You need to swarm.

Anyway right now I'm focusing on the human pass game before worrying about other areas. I mean Holcomb is my boy but 75% completion in the games I have played seems a bit much.

Abner has a great point. I was able to put the ball down the field constantly with the Ravens passing game (actually used just passing plays). Human running SEEMS a bit easy, as well, but that may be because I was using Jamal Lewis.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

how long of quarters are you guys playing on? I'm playin 6 but might move it up to 7.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:51 PM   #21
Pro

DirtyDozen's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm wondering about quarter length, as well. The default 5 for simming seems to be fine from what I've heard, but what's a good length for playing to get comparable stats? Do most of you use 7 or 8?

I thought I saw last night that changing from the default 5 on playing time makes you ineligible for some of the Crib bonuses. That's too bad, but I guess I can give those up to get realistic stats in my franchise. I'll just play my exhibition games on 5 mins to get more stuff unlocked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 06:33 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

9 Minute Quarters

Tackling +5 (Human and CPU)
Pursuit +5 (Human and CPU)
Passing -5 (Human and CPU)
Catching -5 (Human and CPU)

Still messing around.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:07 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:

chasmalgrat3 said:
As far as tackles go, you must remember that tackles are not an official NFL stat because it is so hard to determine who was a contributing factor when there are larger piles. So, players are constantly cheated on their tackle totals. If you look at the team media guides some LB tackle totals are twice that what the NFL has recorded.

In a game that I actually play out; everything's fine and dandy. In another thread, folks are saying that ESPN's "franchise simulated" features are unrealistic. Now, I wouldn't know how the earlier versions were - to be honest, I can't really remember seeing as 2K2 was the last iteration that I played - but other folks are seeing the CPU's simulated matches with other teams are leading to inflated tackles for regular defenders.

Those high season tackles by Urlacher, Zach Thomas, and all the other fellows on that NFL link posted up above I can understand. But average joe schmoes? If I had a regular 64 rating linebacker average 15-18 tackles a game via simulation, and he played in all games...he'd be well over the tackle totals that Urlacher and Zach Thomas accumulated IRL last season.

Toning that aspect down is something I'm trying to vy for; and the simulated quarter lengths that I have set are 5 minutes under the 'franchise options' portion.

Don't get me wrong and all; I love the game. It's nearly balanced for me; with slight adjustment to the sliders, I'm in bliss. Just to help 'round out' my experience, I'm just looking for a good, ideal settings to tweak around to make this game more enjoyable for me, that's all!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:58 PM   #24
Rookie

i just simmed a season "WEEK BY WEEK" and not all at once and only had 1 qb over 4000y. need to test again but this might hael the problem

sorry had it on 4min sim quarters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »