Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #57
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, I'm not touching any updates because I don't play online. It's simply incredible. Have to definitely get more practice in. Won my first game 1-0 as Roda JC vs Ado Denang (sp?). It was simply the most incredible experience, out of the box, I have ever had. Stay away from Evo-Web's non editing area, there's no point in reading their reviews as the guys are highly critical and aren't appreciating how well Konami have executed PES 14.
If this fella is happy with it out of the box, I'll be happy.

Would love to hear more thoughts if you have any, Matt.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #58
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't think Ill be investing in many more current gen titles but from the demo and reviews I am excited to see PES on the next gen. Looks like they are laying some nice groundwork.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #59
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
So provide examples of exactly what they have stripped away

Faces - PES never ships with accurate faces, yes there are more than normal this year but they fix the issues every single year
Stadiums - ok fair enough
Rain - Only real exclusion that can't be fixed by modders on pc.

BAL:
Press conferences joining a new club
Manager Rating
Agent Contracts
Little videos of team mates "we need time to get used too you etc.."
Playing in friendlies to prove yourself (on 2014 the first 9 games i wasnt even picked in the squad including friendlies)

People specifically asked for each of these things to be removed because of how repetitive and boring it was. Now its gone ane people are lamenting the loss.

Master League:
Staff (coach, athletic coach, scout, doctor)

This I can understand. This was a dissapointment, but in return you are given the option to manage international teams.

Sorry but I'll take them investing all their time into gameplay and designing a whole new engine that is more suited to next gen than keeping the same tired gameplay and putting another coat of lipstick on the pig. Especially if providing the product they have has to come at the expense of visuals that with any bit of effort I can fix on my own.

People keep going on and on about how it "feels" unfinished but outside of those specifics can't provide any other specific removals.
Faces are a legit removal, players that used to have them don't, you can't ignore that. Its not a huge deal but its still removed. Not to mention random generic heads are given to players , some don't even resemble their counterpart in the slightest. Just because you don't think its a big deal, doesn't mean it isn't

They removed La Liga stadiums but also inexplicably removed 2 more stadiums at least in Estadio do Dragao and Estadio Jose Alvalade.

Rain cannot be duplicated with mods. The rain itself would actually effect gameplay which is why it wasn't included. You may add a visual add but it wont have any effect on actual gameplay. I highly doubt that can be made by someone with the time. I doubt you can make a ball stop dead in its tracks because of how much rain is on the pitch.

Now licenses aren't a huge deal to me but having the CL license and yet only using 1 EPL team to be licensed when they are allowed 2? Makes no sense. Removing Sporting CP as a license also bothers me, they're "Esportiva" now which had no explanation and up until I got the game,i had believed they were licensed. Its not the biggest deal but a big reason for me getting PES was their (for lack of a better term)respect towards Portuguese clubs. The big 3 and the 3 stadiums, now its the big 2 and 1 stadium. Its disappointing.

Lets not forget flares, smoke bombs and confetti is only allowed in 1 game mode yet they talked it up as if it would be there. Its a cool idea but those flares don't even happen in the game, they disappear (Unless im doing something wrong) during the game and don't happen during games.

They also removed being able to control your team made for runs that they only just added last year. They some what modified it and made it worse and unresponsive

They removed being able to use right stick to switch to exactly which player you want to be on defence. However, I do like using the stick to fight off the attacking player it just takes time getting used to not being able to do it

They also removed the pressure strategies in game. Where you'd use the LB/L1 and D-Pad Up or Down to attack more or be more defensive team mentality. Unless I'm missing something, that too was removed which was something I used a lot.

As far as the gameplay goes, its pretty great game. Love the new animations , the shooting is even harder than before which makes goals that much more rewarding but whats up with the fouls? Something or someone messed up big time. Defenders just do not slide at all and rarely ever foul you. On average how much would you say fouls are done? Maybe 8 at least every game per team? I'm averaging 0.

I will give them credit for additions they did make like the goalie telling his team to move up the pitch or closer to him, even if it can be a little awkward. Changing who does throw in's,corners and free kicks on the fly is a great addition and doesn't break the flow of the game, I use those quite often. Shoulder barging as I mentioned earlier

But see, you can't throw"modders" around because 1)Not everybody plays PC 2)Not everyone knows about modding on consoles and 3)Not everybody would know how or would want to mod and take the time to do it
Old 09-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #60
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not touching any updates because I don't play online. It's simply incredible. Have to definitely get more practice in. Won my first game 1-0 as Roda JC vs Ado Denang (sp?). It was simply the most incredible experience, out of the box, I have ever had. Stay away from Evo-Web's non editing area, there's no point in reading their reviews as the guys are highly critical and aren't appreciating how well Konami have executed PES 14.
Is the slowdown or stutter in the box area when shots go wide happen all the time or is it stadium specific? Does it happen on all platforms? Thanks.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
If this fella is happy with it out of the box, I'll be happy.

Would love to hear more thoughts if you have any, Matt.
I am working on a quick review video in terms of gameplay since that's all I really care about right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #62
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

on my way to pick up my US ps3 copy in a bit. My spot just got it in.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
I am working on a quick review video in terms of gameplay since that's all I really care about right now.
This game is just incredible. I've found ONE issue so far, and that is the defensive marking line. The man defense goes too far into the box - following the runners - like in PES 13 - more than I'd like. It results in some very easy goals, even on superstar. The video I'll have up in a bit will show this.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #64
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

PLUS TEN RESPECT POINTS

The demo is freaking amazing. Other games i have to edit other games i have to work on sliders now this game comes along and i just play

Its made me get back into soccer ive watching more real life matches and when i go back to play the demo it is absolutely UNCANNY how much it resembles real futbol

I played the full game of the other game and its like playing last gen other game simply poo on a disc

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »