Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's all about ability Yeats. You will feel a difference with players. It's honestly just superb, this is the PES that gets it, finally. Every little movement can make all the difference. The ball is a separate entity from the player's and you must think before making a play for it like in real life.

I think what people think as "sluggish" is that weight. We are so used to the arcade like reactions that the minute you move your joystick, it should result in an immediate quick movement of a player. This is the most natural a game has ever felt for me. I can't play PES13 or FIFA 13 right now. I'm absolutely hooked.
I felt similarly after playing the demo. Although Ribery should be better, it was very frustrating playing as him or Robben at first until I grasped how each player moves.

This game feels like it will reward those that play as one team constantly as this will allow the user to fully understand each player while developing the team's overall strategy.

The more play, the better the grasp, the better the user experience. The verdict on this game will be out after hours and hours of mastery. Very rewarding, but it can put off certain users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #42
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

If you listen to the guys at Evo-Web you'd think this is one of the worst soccer games ever. If the retail is anything like the experience I've had with the demo, then PES 14 will be a joy to play.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #43
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
If you listen to the guys at Evo-Web you'd think this is one of the worst soccer games ever. If the retail is anything like the experience I've had with the demo, then PES 14 will be a joy to play.
Whats strange is that its like this is the year that everyone decided to play PES for the first time. PES has always required a ton of updates from Konami. The rosters are always awful they day the game is released. Now all of a sudden people are screaming that the game is half finished because kits, faces, stats and transfers aren't correct.

But most of the posts, even the ones where people are screaming about the state of the game the most are all saying that the gameplay is fantastic and that at its core its the best playing game to date. But in the same breath they are saying Konami should be ashamed. I dont really get that argument.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #44
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Anybody else notice the low number of fouls in the game? Is there a way to get more fouls and have the defenders slide tackle more?

Isn't there supposed to be confetti and flares and smoke bombs in the game? If so, how do you activate it? I'm on PC and am so lost. I thought they added it in? I tried playing derby games and regular games but nothing happened, just the signs in the crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Whats strange is that its like this is the year that everyone decided to play PES for the first time. PES has always required a ton of updates from Konami. The rosters are always awful they day the game is released. Now all of a sudden people are screaming that the game is half finished because kits, faces, stats and transfers aren't correct.

But most of the posts, even the ones where people are screaming about the state of the game the most are all saying that the gameplay is fantastic and that at its core its the best playing game to date. But in the same breath they are saying Konami should be ashamed. I dont really get that argument.
The gameplay is great sure but they've removed far too much , thats what people are complaining about myself included. It really feels like an unfinished product. You can't just say the gameplay is good but aren't allowed to complain about anything else, thats just silly. Gameplay is the most important but if you keep striping away then whats the point? I'm sure 2015 will be even better because they will be accustomed to the new engine and will have more time to add in stuff.Like faces and stadiums but lets face it, they half assed certain aspects of the game and theres no denying that.

Last edited by Simaofan-20; 09-20-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #45
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
Anybody else notice the low number of fouls in the game? Is there a way to get more fouls and have the defenders slide tackle more?

Isn't there supposed to be confetti and flares and smoke bombs in the game? If so, how do you activate it? I'm on PC and am so lost. I thought they added it in? I tried playing derby games and regular games but nothing happened, just the signs in the crowds.
Maybe for UEFA Champions games only? Past years they had special entrances that only triggered for special tournaments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #46
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Maybe for UEFA Champions games only? Past years they had special entrances that only triggered for special tournaments.
I'm not sure but its kind of disappointing if they removed it in the final version of the game. I'll have to play in different matches to see.

EDIT - Its only copa libertadores that has flares, smoke bombs and confetti(as far as I can see). Kind of a bummer

Last edited by Simaofan-20; 09-20-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #47
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
I'm not sure but its kind of disappointing if they removed it in the final version of the game. I'll have to play in different matches to see.

EDIT - Its only copa libertadores that has flares, smoke bombs and confetti(as far as I can see). Kind of a bummer
At least its still in and if its still in then modders can probably grab it and use it to create other entrances.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #48
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Can anyone confirm if the new patch changed the gameplay drastically from the demo? I will highly disappointed if they changed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »