Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #65
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Quick impression on 1 game I played. PS3 US version. Libertadores match on professional, 0 speed and 15 min halves. I used Tijuana vs Leon. Was a very tactical, slow paced match. I lost the possession battle 48 to 52. Both of us had 8 shots. I ended up losing 1-0 literally in the last second.

Good:

The match played out very well. Each tactic really feels different. I didnt notice any kind of slowdown during gameplay.

Didnt notice any keeper blunders.

CPU didnt connect on any miracle through balls

0 passing assistance bars is much more difficult than last year. My passes were all over the place, almost frustrating. Ended up with 54% pass completion. Gotta get used to that

The momentum is there and you can feel it.

Animations looked smooth to me.

Cant really say much more right now as far as the good goes.

Bad:

There is stutter and slowdown during cut scenes and replays.

Catch up bug is definitely there. Didnt really notice it with the CPU since I never really had a breakaway but my back line seemed like it had turbo boosters on. That could be a problem

Graphics are not too good at all. Seems a bit worse than last year. Not a big deal to me though.

**Other thoughts:

I wasn't prompted for any patch yet. Data pack wasnt available to me either. Haven't used my online code. Will probably wait until Tuesday for that.

Overall, the on field gameplay is solid and lifelike. Those that are only used to FIFA would probably not like it. It's very realistic the way the game plays out, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #66
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
One more observation regarding faces: The vast majority of gamers today are not interested in an innovative simulation sports gaming experience. They want graphics, real faces, real teams, real stadiums, and authentic, brand name kits/uniforms, shoes and accessories. Bad enough Konami lost even more licenses this year. But they're setting themselves up for poor reviews and a continued drop in sales by releasing what amounts to a half-finished game with rush-job faces that bear no resemblance to players, that's the reality.

Of course we know face mods will be available. But that won't do much good if and when Konami stops making a football game because consumers will no longer take a chance on "that other game with all the fake teams and bogus player faces." It just seems to me Konami continues to repeat many of the same game development miscalculations and mistakes 2K did with their now-defunct NHL and MLB series. People want and expect a complete game and a finished product when they spend money on these games, that's the bottom line.
I hope you're not trying to say that I prefer graphics over gameplay; what I mentioned was simply a comment about the lack of attention to those things isn't new, I didn't even care much, it took me only a couple of minutes to change it. Besides I find it entertaining to edit players, the last few years I edited and updated Nacional and Uruguay because I wanted them to resemble better themselves.

What I never understood much about the licences discussion is if Konami had the EPL and/or Bundesliga would people still complain about it? There are so many leagues on the other game which I wouldn't even bother touching, I guess the majority either since the most of them play with the same five or six teams online.

Thanks for the ones who posted their impressions and comments about the game, I guess I'll stay with the 1.00 version since I loved the demo and feel of it, maybe someone would create a topic here for mods because I'm sure this game will be a joy to play.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Here's my quick video PES 14 Gameplay THoughts:

Old 09-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I hope you're not trying to say that I prefer graphics over gameplay; what I mentioned was simply a comment about the lack of attention to those things isn't new, I didn't even care much, it took me only a couple of minutes to change it.
No problem, I wasn't insinuating anything. Just a general observation with regards to what the majority of today's gamers (young people really) expect from their games.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why do people say this game is more sim than FIFA? I can get easy goals every time if I spam sprint or through balls.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryMan
Why do people say this game is more sim than FIFA? I can get easy goals every time if I spam sprint or through balls.
Reading your post history, it seems you're quite critical and demanding when it comes to what you're expecting with these video games. Wondering if the answer here has less to do with exploits, and more to do with focusing on one fault rather than the game's many positives.

Last edited by Yeats; 09-21-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #71
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Keeper blunder

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #72
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryMan
Not sure what game you are playing but if you are playing on top player or above with advanced through ball on and can spam sprint or through balls then you might as well quit playing video games because you have superhuman hand eye and fine motor skills and no video game will ever be a challenge for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »