Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

PES 2014 is now available in Europe. Official patch 1.01 is already out and the first data pack is released too and can be downloaded in the main menu.
Official patch link for pc version:http://pes14web.winning-eleven.net/p...patch_deliver/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Hopefully some of our PES brothers in Europe will chime in with their thoughts today. I've been GTA crazy the past couple of days, but I still found time to play a bit more of the demo and watch some TrueBrits videos. I'm hungry for this game.

Quick question: Are there any team ratings available in the full version of the game? There aren't any in the demo, only player overalls. Not too big of a deal either way, but it's sort of nice to have a general idea of a teams strength for the clubs I'm not too familiar with. Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Hopefully some of our PES brothers in Europe will chime in with their thoughts today.
Dozens of pages of impressions over at Evo-Web, I've been reading for 20 minutes and I'm like 1/4 the way thru. One of the more interesting topics people are discussing is the noticeably superior gameplay of the PC version. Yair even stated he discovered additional ball physics values in the PC code that aren't in the console version.

Last edited by Yeats; 09-19-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

As great as the gameplay is, its a huge disrespect and disappointment how they treated my Benfica team. Absolute disgrace. Luisao , has played for us for 10 years, 7 of which he was captain and he's a Brazilian international but they give him LONG HAIR and a BEARD?!? Its not evne his face either.My heart is completely broken from this years PES, only the Luz but no Dragao and Alvalade which was one of the biggest reasons why I love PES more than FIFA.

^^Real life

^^Ingame
They had his face for 4 years but now they don't?WTF
Old 09-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
They had his face for 4 years but now they don't?WTF
They have a brand new graphics engine and will be adding 1000+ faces as the year progresses. Had to start from scratch again with faces and just ran out of time before launch. Bear with!

Last edited by Yeats; 09-19-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
They have a brand new graphics engine and will be adding 1000+ faces as the year progresses. Had to start from scratch again with faces and just ran out of time before launch. Bear with!
This is the problem with adding this new engine. They should have been working on it for 2 years . They complained about new engine and using it as an excuse, well they shouldn't have released this game in this shape. Its barebones in comparison to previous games. Don't get me wrong its a great game itself but what they did is complete bogus. This engine should have already been worked on or else release the same engine of last years game and build upon that. I get resources and all but again, they didn't seem to have a problem building a game from the ground up

but to actually have THAT face is a complete lack of respect. Regardless if its a new engine. Honestly, its not even the face that bothers me its the lack of detail that went involved into a player of his caliber. He's not some mediocre unknown player. I would have been ok with just his clean shaved and bald but no they screwed up badly
Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
they shouldn't have released this game in this shape. Its barebones in comparison to previous games.
I hear you and they sure sound like they're shooting themselves in the foot by releasing a half-finished game. Wasn't this exactly the reason for the demise of both NHL 2K and MLB 2K?

But a funny thing happened to me on the way to my 50s: I stopped caring about this stuff. Plus I actually don't even use kit and face patches; I prefer playing with generic players and fake teams. I like to do all the editing myself -- if I don't care what the real player looks like, then he can look like whatever I decide, easy! Half-finished PES 2014 kind of sounds like my dream-come-true game actually.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
This is the problem with adding this new engine. They should have been working on it for 2 years . They complained about new engine and using it as an excuse, well they shouldn't have released this game in this shape. Its barebones in comparison to previous games. Don't get me wrong its a great game itself but what they did is complete bogus. This engine should have already been worked on or else release the same engine of last years game and build upon that. I get resources and all but again, they didn't seem to have a problem building a game from the ground up

but to actually have THAT face is a complete lack of respect. Regardless if its a new engine. Honestly, its not even the face that bothers me its the lack of detail that went involved into a player of his caliber. He's not some mediocre unknown player. I would have been ok with just his clean shaved and bald but no they screwed up badly
You would really prefer them to leave the antiquated gameplay engine for another year simply so some faces weren't wrong on the release date especially when they have said that faces will continue to be released. In the words of Chris Carter, "Come on man."

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »