Home

PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Availabe Now - Post your impressions here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: PES 2014 Availabe Now in EU - Post your impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
People that would consider PES half finished because more faces than usual aren't upgraded when the entire gameplay engine has been overhauled may want to just be satisfied with FIFA becuase they do make sure they have the visuals more accurate.
Below are the sorts of comments I'm reading on Evo-Web and other sites regarding the unfinished state of the game:

~ There is loads of potential in this game. Enjoying it a lot thus far! However! boy is it unfinished. Feels like a really good football tech demo out of the box.

~ Some of the designs, like the buggy Advanced shooting, the buggy manual shooting, it feels like someone had a week to design a thing... This game needed at least 3 more months of work. It's obvious that noone did barely any quality control of the retail code, and even after 1.01 patch some major aspects are broken.

~ After playing a number of games last night it is without doubt the best gameplay of any PES on this generation. Despite this, something doesn't feel quite right about the game. It certainly has an unfinished feel to it, rushed even. Presentation and UI are still clumsy, amateurish and dated-looking. Perhaps the easiest thing for Konami to get right yet they seem incapable of creating a slick, attractive, user-friendly menu system. The PC version has received no optimisation whatsoever. If anything this game runs worse than PES2013 as it seems that cut-scenes run at console frame-rates. Some simple HD texture packs wouldn't go amiss nor would some simple display options such as AA and AF levels, shadow quality, etc... When I consider how long this 'revolution' has been in the works, I think the game is in a fairly poor state. It's going to take a few patches to get the best out of PES2014, not to mention a huge effort from modders to replace missing content.

Last edited by Yeats; 09-20-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
About the faces, I can understand his point, it bothered me seeing Suarez in the last PES games with a hairstyle he used around 2008
One more observation regarding faces: The vast majority of gamers today are not interested in an innovative simulation sports gaming experience. They want graphics, real faces, real teams, real stadiums, and authentic, brand name kits/uniforms, shoes and accessories. Bad enough Konami lost even more licenses this year. But they're setting themselves up for poor reviews and a continued drop in sales by releasing what amounts to a half-finished game with rush-job faces that bear no resemblance to players, that's the reality.

Of course we know face mods will be available. But that won't do much good if and when Konami stops making a football game because consumers will no longer take a chance on "that other game with all the fake teams and bogus player faces." It just seems to me Konami continues to repeat many of the same game development miscalculations and mistakes 2K did with their now-defunct NHL and MLB series. People want and expect a complete game and a finished product when they spend money on these games, that's the bottom line.

Last edited by Yeats; 09-20-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #27
Uga
Rookie

OVR: 3

After about 15 games or so, can safely say I don't like this game, at all...
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I honestly can't stand how slow and sluggish this game feels. Every button press seems laggy, every kick/pass/dribble move or direction seems to happen half a second too late.
I can't for the life of me get past any defender, not with dribbling, and definitely not sprinting considering they all catch up to you easily.

Also, during those 15 or so games, I've been fouled twice. Not even an exaggeration. Twice.
The faces don't bother me, but can understand people who care more about that part of the game. But the gamplay issues (I have) are gonna probably keep me away from playing this game anymore.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #28
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6

You feel the game is sluggish probably because you're used to arcade fast-paced end-to-end football where you can turn on a dime with Mertesacker! No offence though
Old 09-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
Uga
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
You feel the game is sluggish probably because you're used to arcade fast-paced end-to-end football where you can turn on a dime with Mertesacker! No offence though
What game is that?
This game feels sluggish because it's just that, sluggish. Whether you control Mertesacker or Ibrahimovic. I'm not "used" to any other "arcade" games, I don't think there are even any games like that out at the moment. And after playing every Pro Evolution Soccer game since they started coming out in Europe, this is by far my least favorite one.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga
Also, during those 15 or so games, I've been fouled twice. Not even an exaggeration. Twice.
Sounds like the default FIFA 14 demo. The PC version should be mod-friendly as far as fouls go. I've been able to do that with the FIFA demo; had one game the other day in which the CPU had 10 fouls, a couple yellows, and 3 reds, 2 of which were direct.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga
This game feels sluggish because it's just that, sluggish. Whether you control Mertesacker or Ibrahimovic. I'm not "used" to any other "arcade" games, I don't think there are even any games like that out at the moment. And after playing every Pro Evolution Soccer game since they started coming out in Europe, this is by far my least favorite one.
I asked this at Evo-Web but they're too stuck up over there to answer North Americans: Is the delay a game programming issue, or is it meant to simulate varying player ability when it comes to reactions and agility or what have you? Is the amount of delay different for different players for example?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I asked this at Evo-Web but they're too stuck up over there to answer North Americans: Is the delay a game programming issue, or is it meant to simulate varying player ability when it comes to reactions and agility or what have you? Is the amount of delay different for different players for example?
It's all about ability Yeats. You will feel a difference with players. It's honestly just superb, this is the PES that gets it, finally. Every little movement can make all the difference. The ball is a separate entity from the player's and you must think before making a play for it like in real life.

I think what people think as "sluggish" is that weight. We are so used to the arcade like reactions that the minute you move your joystick, it should result in an immediate quick movement of a player. This is the most natural a game has ever felt for me. I can't play PES13 or FIFA 13 right now. I'm absolutely hooked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »