Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #449
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Question guys I have ps2 and have 04 06 09 and 11 NCAA football for ps2. Is it possible for me to just manually go ahead and update the rosters for this coming season myself? Like just editing each player attributes and ratings myself in the roster screen?
Old 05-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #450
Banned

Would just be doing it for NCAA 11
Old 05-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 2

i've successfully edited the conferences/divisions so that you have 14 team SEC, ACC, Big Ten (with divs), 12 team Pac-12 (with divs), divisions for American, and got rid of the WAC.

also added an extra team to make it 121. i reckon you can make it 122, as the capacity of the depth chart db allows for a max of 122 teams (NCAA FB 11). however the player db capacity is 8470 (70*121, also NCAA 11). mathematically it isn't safe to have 122 teams, but do the CPU teams use up all 70 roster spots season-by-season? if they don't then there will be enough slack in the system to get away with 122.

i've only advanced from initial preseason to week 1. my editing didn't touch schedules, as i wanted to know how far i could edit conference alignments without it crashing, and i was able to scroll thru the conference outlooks in the magazine without problems.

if your wondering how i did the conference edits, i didn't do any team swapping, just editing the team db and the sttm db. what this means is that every season there will be a lot of work getting the schedules correct, which would require a spreadsheet of templates for future conference schedules, known future non-conf opponents, including annual rivalry games, the most laborious part will be filling the teams schedules, especially after the first few seasons. also the bowls will need editing as well.

as for the extra teams, you would need to save a separate dynasty file with those rosters included, bascially its a placeholder. then in the db editor, open the player tab and export the csv, then copy the players from the teams, and add those records to the player csv from your actual dynasty file, remembering to adjust the total number of records on the top row. team db has a TTYP which needs to be changed from 1 to 0. Coach db certain values need changing (or just copy the values from the placeholder dynasty file you used to copy the players from). also the depth chart db the info relating to the extra teams will also need to be copied over. plenty of work i'm afraid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #452
Rookie

ok it failed to advance from week 14 to week 15.

so i used the madden db editor to advance to week 15, and it did advance to the championship week. except it failed to fill the bowl slots with the div champs!

on the plus side, i was able to successfully edit the Poinsettia Bowl into a Pac-12 Title game, and the game did fill the 2 slots with the division champs. just not the others.

i'll attempt another full season sim, but with an edited schedule which has a full slate for each conference.

also it crashes when you access the "Strongest conferences" feature in the magazine, but as this feature isn't important, its something one can live with in order to have a WAC-free dynasty.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #453
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy666
ok it failed to advance from week 14 to week 15.

so i used the madden db editor to advance to week 15, and it did advance to the championship week. except it failed to fill the bowl slots with the div champs!

on the plus side, i was able to successfully edit the Poinsettia Bowl into a Pac-12 Title game, and the game did fill the 2 slots with the division champs. just not the others.

i'll attempt another full season sim, but with an edited schedule which has a full slate for each conference.

also it crashes when you access the "Strongest conferences" feature in the magazine, but as this feature isn't important, its something one can live with in order to have a WAC-free dynasty.
I tried early on with 14 team conferences with crashing occuring. I think it had to do with removing the WAC entirely. I tried for a while before i gave in with my current realignment mod.

Youre taking a slightly different approach though so i hope you get better results though i think some of the computations are hard coded to the game.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #454
Rookie

change to Poinsettia to Pac-12 = week 14 to 15 crash

infact most of my attempts at conf or bow mods flounder at the advance to week 15 point

looks like you have to use TSWP. my conf alignment just about squeezes into the 60 swap limit, with 1 swap leftover.

C-USA and MW swap around, Pac-10 and Big 12 swap, Big Ten and MAC swap, Big East and Sun Belt swap, WAC i've renamed The American, which basically is the West Division of the real life American with a few additional teams added, Big East is American East with W. Virginia, the 3 draddys from ACC/SEC now C-USA

BIDX the numbers for the BCS Bowls do impact on bowl invites.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #455
Rookie

sussed out how "at-large" Bowl invites work (non BCS Bowls that is)

teams with winning records are given preference over .500 teams, and .500 over sub .500 teams

within the above parameter, bowl slots are filled according to coach poll rank, with the computer avoiding scheduling a Bowl matchup between conference teams

as for the Bowl priority, the lower the BIDX number, the more prestigious the Bowl is.

Rose/Fiesta/Sugar/Orange are supposed to be 25-28, i have run a simmed season with those Bowls BIDX edited to something else, and the BCS teams did not fill those bowls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #456
Rookie

i managed to put together a six-year schedule rotation for a 13 team Big Ten conference with divisions of 6 and 7 teams, which was pretty hard, as 13 team conference split into 2 division isn't exactly the easiest to come up with a full rotation for, as the division with 7 will always have a number of teams that can't play a full division schedule. Pac-12 i think is next hardest having to work around USC/UCLA always having cross division games against Cal/Stanford.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »