Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 PM   #49
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
As a fun experiment, I'm going to try to see if I can simulate a playoff. Using a bit of knowledge from the guides for the newer ncaa games.

Ok now, in theory it should work since all your doing is replacing teams, and using a couple as a place-holder in the Nat'l title game. I need to install excel, since my laptop currently doesn't have it, and for some reason Egigoriy's editor doesn't just let you save the file. I at least wish Madden DB let you sort.
The NHL editor automatically saves when you input it. The older Madden DB Editors did too - only the 3.0 made you save. I like using Madden DB Editor 2.0 because it auto-saves for some cases because its faster, but 3.0 is less buggy but slower.

Because NHL editor is supposed to automatically save when you input into it, is the reason why I have had some issues with it not saving haha. But hopefully it was just my mistake and not something inherit with the program or the database. Also, avoid (!!!) doing anything with Column JJNM and TPIP in either editor. It will mess up your database. This column has hexadecimal instead of integers or strings, and these editors don't edit it properly - also why you can't import the TEAM db.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:59 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

Editor never saved for me, but good news. I got the playoffs to work!

I just used madden db because it actually worked the way I wanted it to. I pretty much followed the steps as shown in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTkb3L0nJs

But obviously it's a bit different.
1. Since we don't have the seemless top down menu for teams, you're going to need to go to TEAM tab and find the team id's, TGID.
2. Go to the Bowl tab, and get the bowl id's, SGNM
3. Go to the Schedule tab SCHD, and scroll all the way down until you see 21 under the SEWN column. This is the week, 21 being the final week (Nat'l title game and Orange Bowl), the 20th week are the useful/popular bowls. Use the bowl id's an match them up, National Title game and Orange Bowl will be in week 21, all others week 20.
4. GATG (Away) and GHTG (Home) are where you put the team id's.

BAM! You have yourself a playoff in NCAA 06, or any ps2 game that works with the db.

Last edited by Brock; 04-02-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #51
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

I've been discussing with Harry97 on Footballidiot.com about the roster conversion and conversion tool and the remaining issues with it. He mentioned and discovered a few fields that I didnt figure out what they were when I built the spreadsheet because I didnt have a PS2 yet and PSP doesnt have an in-game editor for the fields :: PFSH (Face Shape) PSSH (Body Shape) PMSH (Muscle Shape). This should help improve the calculator/algorithm/best-guessed formula I made for converting a PS3 player model to a PS2 one, but I'll need more research and trials to see what numbers do what.

From my previous research, it looks like the scale is -5 to +5 for those fields. It might actually be less for face shape, now that I think about it, and this could be causing issues... but that scale doesnt make a whole lot of sense in my initial tests with the rosters. It definitely shows that higher is more % shape but theres things like -2 = 0% in the game. So what's -5 do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #52
MVP

Oh yeah, I noticed some issues with the faces from your NCAA 06 port. Not many from what I could see, but some.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:04 AM   #53
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Editor never saved for me, but good news. I got the playoffs to work!

I just used madden db because it was actually worked the way I wanted it to. I pretty much followed the steps as shown in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTkb3L0nJs

But obviously it's a bit different.
1. Since we don't have the seemless top down menu for teams, you're going to need to go to TEAM tab and find the team id's, TGID.
2. Go to the Bowl tab, and get the bowl id's, SGNM
3. Go to the Schedule tab SCHD, and scroll all the way down until you see 21 under the SEWN column. This is the week, 21 being the final week (Nat'l title game and Orange Bowl), the 20 the week of the useful/popular bowls. Use the bowl id's an match them up, National Title game and Orange Bowl will be in week 21, all others week 20.
4. GATG (Away) and GHTG (Home) are where you put the team id's.

BAM! You have yourself a playoff in NCAA 06, or any ps2 game that works with the db.
Have you tried adding bowls? I didnt even think about adding a new line in SCHD when I was trying this...

My initial idea was to create two Semi Final bowls with conf id 17, conf rank 0 for both teams (like the national finals is) in a week

Then move the national title to a new week later, and see if it auto adds the teams in.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:05 AM   #54
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Oh yeah, I noticed some issues with the faces from your NCAA 06 port. Not many from what I could see, but some.
Yes, JT Barrett, for one, is still messed up. I'm looking at my formulas now to see if something went out of wack or I missed something.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:07 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Have you tried adding bowls? I didnt even think about adding a new line in SCHD when I was trying this...

My initial idea was to create two Semi Final bowls with conf id 17, conf rank 0 for both teams (like the national finals is) in a week

Then move the national title to a new week later, and see if it auto adds the teams in.
I thought about it, but I didn't know all of the info for bowls. Also, I've never really played 06, does it always use the rose bowl for it's title game, or another bowl?

It would probably be best if we could create another separate bowl for a national championship.

Last edited by Brock; 03-30-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 12:17 AM   #56
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

BOWL DB:

BCI1 Bowl Conference ID #1 (ids are in CONF // 17 is at large bid)
BCR1 Bowl Conf. Rank #1 (put 0 for at large-bid; when you put 17 | 1, you play one of the FCS All-American team)
BCI2 Bowl Conf ID #2
BCR2 Bowl Conf Rank #2
BMFD Bowl ?? ?? ??
SGID Stadium ID
UTID ??
GTOD Game Time of Day
BNME Bowl Name
SGNM ??
BMON Bowl Month
SEWN Week Number
BLGO Bowl Logo
BPLO Bowl ??
BIDX Bowl ID?
BDAY Bowl Day

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »