Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-27-2016, 02:28 AM   #25
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Is it possible for two conferences to share the same status/whatnot, like giving the WAC conference the independents attributes or something?

I haven't tested it, and since we don't have an editor for Choops like you do for NCAA/Madden, I've figured out how to remove teams/lower conference memberships. It's kind of a glitch I discovered, haven't fully tested it if it affects a legacy in the long term. But the issue is kind of similar-there's no independents in basketball; but I'm not entirely sure how to eliminate the teams from that conference and adding them to other conferences, since you have to swap the team. But I'm digressing.
You can modify conference attributes yes.

I attached my working spreadsheet. It's notes. I've been manually inputting these value changes into the editor since the mass import/export crashes but you can see how conferences/divisions/teams are structured.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DynastyMod_D.xlsx.zip (61.9 KB, 34 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 03:22 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
You can modify conference attributes yes.

I attached my working spreadsheet. It's notes. I've been manually inputting these value changes into the editor since the mass import/export crashes but you can see how conferences/divisions/teams are structured.
Are you sure you can increase the number of teams in a conference? That could be an issue you're having. Because I thought you were swapping out the Big 12 with the PAC-10, giving the PAC more teams.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:27 AM   #27
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Are you sure you can increase the number of teams in a conference? That could be an issue you're having. Because I thought you were swapping out the Big 12 with the PAC-10, giving the PAC more teams.
I tested it and I kept Pac 12 with CGID 10 and Big 12 with its default CGID and moved 12 teams to Pac and downgraded big12 to 10 teams and it worked fine. I even tried Big Ten with 14 and it works too. Even loaded the championship bowl and simulated offseason.

The issue, I believe is due to the WAC and SunBelt now. I think they have too little teams?
Old 03-27-2016, 03:31 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
I tested it and I kept Pac 12 with CGID 10 and Big 12 with its default CGID and moved 12 teams to Pac and downgraded big12 to 10 teams and it worked fine. I even tried Big Ten with 14 and it works too. Even loaded the championship bowl and simulated offseason.

The issue, I believe is due to the WAC and SunBelt now. I think they have too little teams?
Nvm, I read the excel sheet wrong, I forgot you removed the WAC. Maybe if you put Idaho and New Mexico you could fix it?

Last edited by Brock; 03-27-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:36 AM   #29
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Nvm, I read the excel sheet wrong, I forgot you removed the WAC. Maybe if you put Idaho and New Mexico you could fix it?
Yea putting the WAC back in lets you sim all the way to championship week, then it hangs. I'm assuming it's trying to calculate which bowl games to put people in and goes crazy when there's only 2 and 4 teams in the WAC/Sun Belt and they all have terrible records.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:41 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Yea putting the WAC back in lets you sim all the way to championship week, then it hangs. I'm assuming it's trying to calculate which bowl games to put people in and goes crazy when there's only 2 and 4 teams in the WAC/Sun Belt and they all have terrible records.
That was my guess as well. If I'm not mistaken, with the Dynasty Editor/EA DB you can edit the bowls, with conferences goes to them/what not. Maybe figuring out how to remove the WAC from getting a bowl bid?

OT: But did you already place, or is it possible to add the rookie contract scale in madden?
Old 03-27-2016, 03:56 AM   #31
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
That was my guess as well. If I'm not mistaken, with the Dynasty Editor/EA DB you can edit the bowls, with conferences goes to them/what not. Maybe figuring out how to remove the WAC from getting a bowl bid?

OT: But did you already place, or is it possible to add the rookie contract scale in madden?
I had been editing the bowl games actually... and i think that's where my issue was. I'm simming a season now, but I changed the Conf USA Championship game to American Athletics Conf and I forgot to change the ID number on the bowl game! That would explain a lot. Now, if this works, I'm gonna go back to seeing if I can remove the WAC completely again. I pushed them to HS level and it still simmed, so hopefully...

As far as Rookie Scale, I was looking into that a couple weeks ago. I found the scale for Free Agents, I believed, and I modified the heck out of it and it didnt seem to do anything in the game.

The DBs in the save are:

SACP / SADP / SLRI / SAYP

CP is coaches
DP I thought was Free agents, but it might actually be Draft Picks!
RI is Restricted Free Agents, Salary Cap, and Max Contract Value.?
YP is Minimum Salary for Years Pro

Last edited by antdroid; 03-27-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 04:04 AM   #32
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Look at that. The teams that got realigned are playing in the conf championships

debugging rocks. spent 3 hours messing around and all i had to do was change ONE "4" to a "3"
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 1.02.12 AM.png (326.3 KB, 483 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 03-27-2016 at 04:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »