Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-01-2022, 11:03 AM   #849
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Did you mod the conferences/add teams?

The only time I had issues like that was when I added teams.
I have tried opening my dynasty up in the Madden DB Editor but I am unsure which database I should focus on that may be the problem. I have not modded conferences or added teams. I tried playing and simming the San Jose State game and regardless is still freezes at this point. Here is a screenshot of the freezing issue. These are the rosters from the NCAA 2006/2011 Playstation 2 - 2021-22 Season Rosters/Dynasty Mods thread. I probably should have posted this issue in that thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dynasty Freeze.jpg (113.0 KB, 111 views)
Old 01-02-2022, 12:05 AM   #850
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom3
I have tried opening my dynasty up in the Madden DB Editor but I am unsure which database I should focus on that may be the problem. I have not modded conferences or added teams. I tried playing and simming the San Jose State game and regardless is still freezes at this point. Here is a screenshot of the freezing issue. These are the rosters from the NCAA 2006/2011 Playstation 2 - 2021-22 Season Rosters/Dynasty Mods thread. I probably should have posted this issue in that thread.
You can post the file here and I (or someone else) can see if there's an issue with the scheduling
Old 01-02-2022, 04:46 PM   #851
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdroid
You can post the file here and I (or someone else) can see if there's an issue with the scheduling
I have attached my dynasty file (.psu file). After further review, this dynasty is based off of your rosters created from 2018. This dynasty has been a lot of fun to play. I would hate to have to scrap it. I definitely appreciate all the help. Let me know what you find.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SLUS-21752 NCAA Dynasty NCSU (2C97F211).zip (579.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by rom3; 01-02-2022 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #852
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
I have attached my dynasty file (.psu file). After further review, this dynasty is based off of your rosters created from 2018. This dynasty has been a lot of fun to play. I would hate to have to scrap it. I definitely appreciate all the help. Let me know what you find.
It looks like there is heavy conference realignment mods and bowl game file updates? Did you do these yourself or someone else made them?

The conference championship games are messing it up. I tried to fix it but doesnt seem to work. It doesnt crash anymore but also does not set up the games correctly.

Last edited by antdroid; 01-02-2022 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:00 AM   #853
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

In case people missed it, there's a new Playbook Editor application for Windows that jdhalfrack made!

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ok-editor.html
Old 01-03-2022, 09:29 AM   #854
Rookie

Quote:
It looks like there is heavy conference realignment mods and bowl game file updates? Did you do these yourself or someone else made them?

The conference championship games are messing it up. I tried to fix it but doesnt seem to work. It doesnt crash anymore but also does not set up the games correctly.
Thanks for taking a look at the issue for me. No, I did not make any updates or changes. I had previously downloaded and used your old 2018-NCAAFootball PS2 dynasty file and converted it from NCAA Football 11 to use for NCAA Football 09. I'm not sure it will help but I have attached the original zip file that I downloaded with the included roster and dynasty file. I had started this dynasty before you had created the new 2021 rosters. I appreciate all your help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2018-NCAAFootballPS2 Updated Rosters and Dynasty.zip (4.32 MB, 4 views)
Old 01-03-2022, 11:10 AM   #855
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for taking a look at the issue for me. No, I did not make any updates or changes. I had previously downloaded and used your old 2018-NCAAFootball PS2 dynasty file and converted it from NCAA Football 11 to use for NCAA Football 09. I'm not sure it will help but I have attached the original zip file that I downloaded with the included roster and dynasty file. I had started this dynasty before you had created the new 2021 rosters. I appreciate all your help.
I'll look at it again later, but I think there may have some issues since dynasty files arent necessarily compatible from year to year since new features or bowl games were added. There may be a simple fix or not.

You have 1 more bowl than there is in NCAA 09, so youre scheduling and index is off.

Last edited by antdroid; 01-03-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2022, 11:51 AM   #856
Rookie

Quote:
I'll look at it again later, but I think there may have some issues since dynasty files arent necessarily compatible from year to year since new features or bowl games were added. There may be a simple fix or not.

You have 1 more bowl than there is in NCAA 09, so youre scheduling and index is off.
That makes sense. I recently downloaded your latest 2021-NCAA Football roster for 2011 and converted it to NCAA Football 09. I then started a new dynasty based on these rosters and simmed through the first two seasons without any problems. I am assuming I shouldn’t run into any issues with this approach. I believe my mistake was converting the 2018 dynasty file over to NCAA Football 09 instead of the 2018 roster file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »