Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy666
I've just noticed, the LBA's for an ISO I've created, where I added a modified STRMDATA to the project, is different to the LBA's when you burn an unmodified copy of the game.

This might be why it crashes when it has to refer back to STRMDATA during recruitment.

It has also left me stumped as I can't find any way of editing the LBA, nor get ImgBurn (or any other iso burner) to write the files in the correct order.

I'm fairly new to hard modding, I've only burned ISO's in the past to backup games.
Nope. Nothing to do with LBA, as eventually I've acquired Apache and was able to patch a modded STRMDATA into the image file over the original STRMDATA.
Crashes at the same point as before.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:23 PM   #434
Rookie

Ok I've test modded the STRMDATA for NCAA FB 2005, and whilst it doesn't crash (there is no preseason recruitment), both recruiting and the magazine are weird (as in all the players names and the magazine text is displayed as repeated letter nonsense).

I'm now convinced its editing a STRMDATA with the Madden editor that is the problem, at least for ps2.

Psp according to minotauri is modable.

Other consoles no idea...
Old 01-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #435
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Ok I've test modded the STRMDATA for NCAA FB 2005, and whilst it doesn't crash (there is no preseason recruitment), both recruiting and the magazine are weird (as in all the players names and the magazine text is displayed as repeated letter nonsense).

I'm now convinced its editing a STRMDATA with the Madden editor that is the problem, at least for ps2.

Psp according to minotauri is modable.

Other consoles no idea...
Yea. I'll investigate more when I am not working 16 hour work days.

Yes, the PSP version is very easily moddable. The PS2 one is giving heartaches. At least we can mod things via save files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #436
Rookie

I'VE SUCCESSFULLY EDITED STRMDATA WITHOUT IT CRASHING!!!

Simmed thru a whole season, adjusted recruiting hours.

it WAS the madden editor causing the problems.

I downloaded a hex editor called HxD and made a simple edit to the RB OVR calculation.

Hopefully no further issues when it comes to making all of the edits I wish to make, otherwise this breakthru will be for nought.

PS: I don't know what other hex editors may also work, but I know one that does not: xvi32
Old 01-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #437
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'VE SUCCESSFULLY EDITED STRMDATA WITHOUT IT CRASHING!!!

Simmed thru a whole season, adjusted recruiting hours.

it WAS the madden editor causing the problems.

I downloaded a hex editor called HxD and made a simple edit to the RB OVR calculation.

Hopefully no further issues when it comes to making all of the edits I wish to make, otherwise this breakthru will be for nought.

PS: I don't know what other hex editors may also work, but I know one that does not: xvi32
nice, I also use HxD for windows. It's not as inuitive obviously, but good to know you got it working.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #438
Rookie

Update

OVR calculations fully moddable, no issues causing it to crash.

Attempted to mod states and their recruitment prospect numbers, but that crashed. Will try with just offseason numbers, as they are standalone.

In-season numbers EA decided to bundle them with the state order ID! Quite why having a value that controls both is beyond me, then again its the sort of thing EA would do. Luckily in-season recruits can be soft-modded so i can decide to change recruits from Vermont and Montana to Georgia recruits

EDIT: Recruit numbers doesn't look like being moddable. well at least the OVR ratings can be changed, which is the main thing.

Last edited by Anarchy666; 01-29-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #439
Rookie

ok the following attachment, some notes on how to edit the STRMDATA with HxD in order to make adjustments to the OVR rating calculations, a spreadsheet with the weights in hex values, and one other spreadsheet with the weights in normal values, plus how the recruits db (NCAA FB 11) stacks up calibre-wise with the new OVR ratings.

i'm assuming you know how to extract files from discs and burn image files to disc. if not, just ask and someone that does know may be able to help, or do a google search.

feedback would be welcome on my weights, as i've solely based them on how the recruits stack up, since after 5 seasons, all the original players on rosters will have graduated/gone pro, medical waivers aside.

not to mention, earlier versions of NCAA FB do have different recruit db's.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hex values for OVR rating editing.zip (42.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #440
MVP

OVR: 3

Does anyone know anything about modding NCAA Xbox files, and getting around the corrupted data?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »