Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-06-2017, 06:49 AM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

i've found a better way of establishing overall prospects for states, just tally the numbers from rivals.com with it filtered to Rivals rating of 5.3 or greater.

2016 had 2,270 5.3 or greater rated players, which is a very similar number to how many NCAA FB loads up for offseason recruiting.

i'll tally 2014 and 2015 to do a 3 year tally and look at the numbers then for each state.

if i can edit SPSL's so only blue chip and 4* calibre prospects show up for in-season recruiting, i can still use articles regarding Top 200/250 recruits to set the in-season numbers for each state, ensuring the states that in RL produce the elite talent do so for NCAA FB as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #402
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy666
i can't download DFR via my phone, and any desktop i have access to won't allow downloading of exe's
Problem solved, downloaded MadMod which included DFR4, was in a zip container so my phone had no hissy fit over what I was downloading
Old 01-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #403
Rookie

Looking at NCAA 11, Florida should be the biggest state recruitment wise

Florida = 331
Texas = 329
California = 279
Georgia = 164
Ohio = 129

I've also noticed the combined numbers allocated to all 50 states + DC + Canada is greater than the number of recruits loaded up, both in-season and offseason recruiting. My experience is Florida and Georgia suffer drastic in-game reductions, and Texas and California suffer much smaller reductions.

Now in RL, and I've looked at RL high school prospects on rivals.com with a rivals rating greater than 5.3 (that's roughly the top 2,200 to 2,400, which is in line with what the game loads up for offseason recruitment), Georgia ranks 4th in terms of total recruits, so:

the over tally needs to be eliminated, with additional tweaks to reflect the recruiting reality for each state. For example, the minimum # of recruits for any given state is 5, but between 2013-2016, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Rhode Island did not have even one >5.3 rated recruit, whilst Alaska, North Dakota and Montana all averaged less than one >5.3 rated recruit over the same 4 years, so these states have no business having 5 recruits per year, especially considering none of these 7 states have a FBS program between them, I'll be nice and set their tally to 1.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #404
Rookie

Opinion needed:

What should the maximum awareness of a true freshman/prospect be?

I'm for now going to say 76. About 1% of prospects in the NCAA 11 prospects db have an AWR rating greater than 76.

EDIT: Recruitment the scout grade for A+ for awareness is 65. I'm thinking a max of 70 then, which means 6% of prospects have an excessively high AWR rating.

Last edited by Anarchy666; 01-08-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #405
Rookie

ok my take on re-calculating OVR ratings.

most of the tweaking was altering the default highs and lows. some weight changes. took the NCAA 11 weights for kickers and punters, otherwise the base weights for all other positions was NCAA 06

i've only looked at prospects, not default or in-game rosters, so no idea if my numbers are any use in that regard (but after 5 seasons all the default players will have graduated/gone pro, medical waivers aside), so any tweaking of OVR needs to take recruitment into account.

the prospects sheet details how many of each prospect at each position are of what caliber according to my tweak ratings.

remember about a third of the prospects db will be loaded up for any given season, so i have 610 blue chippers so roughly 200 per season. not sure if that is too many.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OVR calculation.zip (18.0 KB, 12 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #406
Just started!

OVR: 0

I tried making my own realignment in NCAA Football 07 by making the Power 5 teams accurate (with the SEC, ACC and Big 10 with 14 teams), along with other realignment between the other conferences so each of them having at least 8 teams and the 4 in the Military Conference. The game doesn't crash.

However, the only thing that doesn't work is the weeks advancing. Say I try to advance from week 1, the game says "Advancing Week" but then doesn't. I then noticed that the recruiting does advance while the game schedule doesn't. I can advance the game schedule by selecting a game to play in the next week.

When I try to advance past a BYE week or a week that isn't next (e.g. Week 1 to Week 5), the week(s) in between aren't simulated. Is this problem stemming from the SCHD or TEAM part of the mod, or perhaps from elsewhere?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #407
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by american foo
I tried making my own realignment in NCAA Football 07 by making the Power 5 teams accurate (with the SEC, ACC and Big 10 with 14 teams), along with other realignment between the other conferences so each of them having at least 8 teams and the 4 in the Military Conference. The game doesn't crash.

However, the only thing that doesn't work is the weeks advancing. Say I try to advance from week 1, the game says "Advancing Week" but then doesn't. I then noticed that the recruiting does advance while the game schedule doesn't. I can advance the game schedule by selecting a game to play in the next week.

When I try to advance past a BYE week or a week that isn't next (e.g. Week 1 to Week 5), the week(s) in between aren't simulated. Is this problem stemming from the SCHD or TEAM part of the mod, or perhaps from elsewhere?
So a few things just so you know my issues in the past:

I tried to make 14-team conferences when I first started this journey. It's probably documented early on in this thread. The game won't schedule properly if you do this. It's schedule algorithm is set up to schedule within the original conference structures -- so my trick around this was to swap 12 team conferences with 10 team ones (i.e. Pac 10 swapped with Conf USA). This worked, as long as I also swapped the teams in the TSWP table so that the Pac 10 team would take on the Conf USA schedule -- doing this with every team made it work out right in scheduling.

If you did a 14 team conference, there would be teams that get no or very little in-conference games.

Secondly, if there was an empty conference - for example, having WAC have no teams since it doesnt exist anymore - it caused the error you're getting now.

That said, depending on how you update TEAM, it can also crash the game. We've seen that while editing multiple fields on this thread. It's finicky. It also sucks we cant import to it, with the current state of the editor we have.

I havent been able to find anything that would make me think we can have conferences larger than 12. I havent found anything in my search to do that. It's probably buried in the actual game code.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #408
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy666
ok my take on re-calculating OVR ratings.

most of the tweaking was altering the default highs and lows. some weight changes. took the NCAA 11 weights for kickers and punters, otherwise the base weights for all other positions was NCAA 06

i've only looked at prospects, not default or in-game rosters, so no idea if my numbers are any use in that regard (but after 5 seasons all the default players will have graduated/gone pro, medical waivers aside), so any tweaking of OVR needs to take recruitment into account.

the prospects sheet details how many of each prospect at each position are of what caliber according to my tweak ratings.

remember about a third of the prospects db will be loaded up for any given season, so i have 610 blue chippers so roughly 200 per season. not sure if that is too many.
Good work! I'll take a look at this in more detail later tonight, maybe during the game. Have you tried updating the strmdata file and testing in game yet with this?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »