Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #425
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
So far, so good. I think I have the glitches out and also put Bogans on the Nets and K-Mart on the Clips (both in reserves). If you find glitches, let me know. If it seems good, I'll post it in the first post.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxj...UxZGI0NTllZWMz
Glitches as in Hansbrough still broken and fixed, or other glitches?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #426
MVP

OVR: 19
Name glitches in box scores and player cards. I don't know of any others.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #427
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Name glitches in box scores and player cards. I don't know of any others.
Well, my good man, the girlfriend just went to her house after a long weekend, so I'll have the night to play. I'll obviously check the "Tylers" first to see if I have to go in another direction, but I'll look through at least one boxscore from every team and see if I see anything.

Hopefully, its on point, and I look forward to seeing you online so we can talk about these draft classes. Minus the issues, these are still by far the greatest gameplay adjustments I've seen for an NBA2K game - and I definitely want to get moving on draft classes. I'll post by 12AM EST what I find, don't know your normal online schedule.

Thanks again for everything you have done, for ALL of us.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #428
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im so much looking forward to your next bigger update which reflex this season stats.There are some players, who have performed much better than they did last year.Cousins is starting to live up his potential for example.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #429
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Im so much looking forward to your next bigger update which reflex this season stats.There are some players, who have performed much better than they did last year.Cousins is starting to live up his potential for example.
I am working on assigning more accurate play types to players based on synergy stats at the moment. I should be done with this in the next day or two, then the newest release will be ready. It will probably be the final roster release for the season. Draft classes should be soon to follow.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #430
Rookie

OVR: 4

Great to here that :P I hope pc patch is around the corner also and then i will start my full association mode.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #431
MVP

All plays have been updated to accurately reflect synergy data. Next up - add some missing players (IE Ivan Johnson, Gustavo, Steimsma, maybe others)
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #432
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

I just wanted to share with the community the bit of research I did after talking to Slimm the other night... I'm going to be helping by doing "core" draft classes, so the research I did was to look at every draft between 1985-2010, with 1985 being the initial year of the draft lottery. There was a year or two with more than 2 rounds still, but the draft procedure of today started in 85, so I wanted to start there. The Jordan draft was the year previously, so this was also a good place to start, as we avoid the impact of having to discuss the "general consensus" greatest player ever in our research.

SPECIAL NOTE: All of the below is the copy/paste of my initial research file that I copied my data into, so it's not perfectly formatted. Also, although I allude to it in the file, I was 7 years old in 1985, so not the *most* knowledgable person about the rotations of that era, but I do remember a goodly amount of these players by name basis. If I can remember them playing, they got into the "Memorable/Solid Starter" category.

All data was gathered from Wikipedia alone, so if someone who was already say 18 and a huge fan at that point wants to give me a better idea of players that at least reached solid starter/decently impactful player level, the file could be tightened up. Also, we could fight subjectively for days on certain players, but the general scale I used was:

Multiple All-Star or All-NBA's (Stud), Single All-Star/All-NBA or in some cases someone who led the league in a specific stat for a season (All-Star Talent)

I do want all of the following to be up for debate, and I'm also on board with anyone who wishes to use this research for any means. Just please refrain from calling me an idiot or the like if you disagree with a rating. Thanks, and enjoy, and I'll be working hard on draft classes for us real soon!

The research is in the next post for the sake of brevity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »