Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #449
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
58 games. I don't have first season he won it in. I simmed 7-8 seasons just to see how Beasley and Rubio develop(89 and 93, used off season potential points) and deleted that association.
OK.. do you remember seeing many other statistical anomalies in the sim, or was this the lone "outlier" that you noticed? I plan on doing a long sim here either today or tomorrow night at worst before I get into doing the draft classes. More to come in the next post but wanted to reply.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #450
RJ8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Not sure, man. This is the only bug I've heard about in that release. It's unfortunate you have to use an external program to calculate stats because of a bug that 2k knows about and hasn't patched despite the game being out for several months.
I did this test. Simulating all the matches on the association or by playing them without using "stats tracker" works. But you just update a game and after each calendar week of the game, it crashes. I then did the same test starting from the roster of Albys on and nothing has happened.
The problem is that I find your simulation, the maximum that you can be for this game. So I decided to rewrite reditor through all the values ​​of your roster. Maybe before I end up with 2k of its patch ...
Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #451
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

DRAFT CLASSES INITIAL INFO

Hey everyone, as Slimm mentioned in an earlier post in the thread, yes I will be the one with the majority responsibility of the "core" draft classes with this project. Slimm and I have touched base a few times already, but please understand that I want to achieve integrity for the draft classes to these rosters, so he's been working and I've been working to where I can "port" his theories and philosophy into the draft classes without me not even knowing the man other than through here.

THAT BEING SAID... I am prioritizing an initial draft class to where association players have that draft class to begin their associations with. Yes, there are some jersey numbers, et al, that are off, but those are easy fixes, and especially on those, they do not stop someone from being able to play an association, they can just edit it.

If I try to get 10 classes out lickety-split, its going to be forever before I get the classes out. I have a full-time job and a girlfriend, but I AM going to put a lot of time into this. I'm going to look at what we and Slimm have in our plan so far, and begin work in the next day or two. I do NOT know exactly when they will be finished, so please don't ask -- but I *will* update the thread with my progress as I make it, so you won't be left in the dark.

EDIT FOR ADDITION: The 1st draft class will be a strong draft, since even though it is fictional, most NBA scouts say that next year's depth in the draft is exceptional. I still am not planning on it being a "LeBron-level" draft, but it will be a stronger depth draft class, with a few potential stars in there, and a decent amount of starters. After that I will be mixing and matching strong and weak drafts, and out of the 10 drafts there will be at least one "talent-infuser" draft similar to the 2003, 1996, and 1985 drafts. In 10 years there should be one class that should re-energize the league, IMHO.

SECOND EDIT: Once the exact formula that I use (and Slimm for the ones he does) is finished and I'm confident with it, I will release it so you can do your own classes of your own accord as well, in case you wish to go farther than ten seasons. I tend to ramble, ya'll... sorry - but things just hit me and I think they need to be shared. Slimm's already shown it hundreds of times over, but I'm dedicated as well to making this the game we all deserved to get. Thanks for reading my novels.

Last edited by pokerplaya; 02-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #452
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.tambo
bro your work is fantastic, if possible please update a team' gear colors (view here: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=84114 ),and all missing players Mike James, Dennis Horner, Ryan Reid, Cory Higgins, Julyan Stone and added more missing CFs..
Slimm, if on our next conversation you can explain to me how you are doing these in REDitor, I'd be glad to pick up these minor things for you if you wish.

S.tambo, forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by CFs?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #453
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8
I did this test. Simulating all the matches on the association or by playing them without using "stats tracker" works. But you just update a game and after each calendar week of the game, it crashes. I then did the same test starting from the roster of Albys on and nothing has happened.
The problem is that I find your simulation, the maximum that you can be for this game. So I decided to rewrite reditor through all the values ​​of your roster. Maybe before I end up with 2k of its patch ...
Do you mean that if you applied the stats tracker at the end of the season it would work, just not if you were going to play further?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #454
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Slimm, if on our next conversation you can explain to me how you are doing these in REDitor, I'd be glad to pick up these minor things for you if you wish.

S.tambo, forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by CFs?
He's talking about cyberfaces.

I am going to add Greg Steimsma, Gustavo Ayon, Ivan Johnson, Jeremy Pargo, Terrel Harris, Jeff Pendegraph, Jerome Jordan, Donald Sloan, Carldell Johnson, Cory Higgins, Mike James, Julyan Stone, Ryan Reid, and Chris Wright in the next day or so. These players have the correct cyberface and some have portraits.

I was going to add Chris Johnson, Michel Thompson, Josh Davis, Mickell Gladness, and Dennis Horner, but there are no cyberfaces available yet. I don't want to add any players to the roster without at least an accurate cyberface. It's pretty easy to do. I'll explain it the next time we get to chat.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #455
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
He's talking about cyberfaces.

I am going to add Greg Steimsma, Gustavo Ayon, Ivan Johnson, Jeremy Pargo, Terrel Harris, Jeff Pendegraph, Jerome Jordan, Donald Sloan, Carldell Johnson, Cory Higgins, Mike James, Julyan Stone, Ryan Reid, and Chris Wright in the next day or so. These players have the correct cyberface and some have portraits.

I was going to add Chris Johnson, Michel Thompson, Josh Davis, Mickell Gladness, and Dennis Horner, but there are no cyberfaces available yet. I don't want to add any players to the roster without at least an accurate cyberface. It's pretty easy to do. I'll explain it the next time we get to chat.
Sounds good. On my way to pick up the GF... I'll talk to you either later tonight or tomorrow night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #456
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

BTW - I don't see what you changed in the ratings document...was looking through it, but didn't see anything different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »