Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #401
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by imposterzed
Their Stat links are swapped. If you look under rookies, no one has a stat link but Tyler Honeycutt. If you swap his stat links with Hansbrough's everything should be correct.

Also, the only error I've seen is Jonas Valanciunas (number 5 pick) being listed as the made-up player Hugh Maxwell. It doesn't really matter though because he's not on a roster (in Europe). The only time it affects anything is in My Player mode in the Rookie game.
I tried the stat link and it didn't work. However, I think I corrected the issue. I have sent it out for "beta" testing and if I get back good results, I'll post the roster. I'm pretty optimistic that it's fixed, but I want to make sure.

All of the 2nd round rookies were on the disc already and I think something got crossed when I created Honeycutt and it affected both he and Hansbrough. With REDitor, I set the Honeycutt that came in the original roster as a created player, loaded the game, loaded the roster, loaded the created player, changed his nickname, changed it back, saved the changes, saved the roster, loaded it the roster in REDitor, set his player type back to regular player, saved the file, ran an association sim, and noticed that the box scores for both players were correct. I haven't checked all teams, but all the players that were buggy before in boxscores aren't anymore.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 02-01-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #402
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I tried the stat link and it didn't work. However, I think I corrected the issue. I have sent it out for "beta" testing and if I get back good results, I'll post the roster. I'm pretty optimistic that it's fixed, but I want to make sure.

All of the 2nd round rookies were on the disc already and I think something got crossed when I created Honeycutt and it affected both he and Hansbrough. With REDitor, I set the Honeycutt that came in the original roster as a created player, loaded the game, loaded the roster, loaded the created player, changed his nickname, changed it back, saved the changes, saved the roster, loaded it the roster in REDitor, set his player type back to regular player, saved the file, ran an association sim, and noticed that the box scores for both players were correct. I haven't checked all teams, but all the players that were buggy before in boxscores aren't anymore.
I will give it a test run when I take my girlfriend to work tonight. I'm off work and will be able to play at least until I go pick her up. Sure glad I made that trade for Hansbrough, might have wound up saving the world.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #403
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Sorry for the delay, Slimm... had an interesting day before taking my woman to work... going to go do a test run with an association game right now and give u a report. If all seems good, I'll be happy to start working on draft classes... if I do, perhaps we can figure out some way (Skype, YIM, etc) to communicate to where I can get them exactly the way you want them and start working on them... you've done amazing work and I want to help as much as possible.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #404
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Well, Hansbrough is fixed, but now Brandon Knight is Jermaine Long instead of Aaron Dixon... I'm about to just give up on 2k, they're about worthless.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #405
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Well, Hansbrough is fixed, but now Brandon Knight is Jermaine Long instead of Aaron Dixon... I'm about to just give up on 2k, they're about worthless.
I thought I had it figured out, now I'm completely confused.

What was working was taking each player who was coming up as a wrong name in the box score, changing them into a created player in REDitor, loading them in the game, hitting enter and saving the changes and loading them back into REDitor, changing them to a normal player again.

Now, I've realized that two things are happening:

1. Players are being given random pointers to other players in the box scores. For instance, Derrick Williams has shown up as Rudy Theus and as Rubens Cuoto.

2. This one's really weird. In the example of Derrick Williams showing up as Rubens Cuoto in the box score, RUBENS CUOTO IS NOT IN THE ROSTER FILE. Not the first name, not the last name, and not the first name with the last name. The game is literally pointing to something that's not showing up anywhere else in the roster file, which leads me to believe the game just created an alter-ego for Derrick Williams.

I'm going to keep working on this, but I'm assuming with these two new wrinkles I won't find a fix. In the meantime, I would recommend not looking at the box scores if it bothers you. You can still go into the player card in the roster menu and look at a game-by-game breakdown for each player.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey slimm,

do you have a copy of your Roster before the contract fix? As much as i know the name bug appeared after the fix, right!? What i couldn't understand is, does it affect a new association or only appears in the my player mode?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #407
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac19892011
Hey slimm,

do you have a copy of your Roster before the contract fix? As much as i know the name bug appeared after the fix, right!? What i couldn't understand is, does it affect a new association or only appears in the my player mode?
Well, as far as I know, Slimm just did a cut and paste of the contract info I provided and I was still getting the bug before that. Normally, I'd never look at an outside-of-game boxscore, but sometimes my CPU crashes while looking at an end-game.

What was worrying me was that with a player like Honeycutt (the Hansbrough error, which IS fixed) that when you went into player card it was listing both players stats, with Honeycutt's showing up as N/A for opponent. I was more worried about long-term data corruption, even though it didn't appear to be tabulating these stats anywhere, who knows what mechanism it would use to calculate an All-NBA or something...

I so appreciate all the work you have done, Slimm - and will probably just run with it and live with it. I don't think you can possibly do anymore to make this the best thing that's happened to 2k12 this year. Let's get together and plan out some draft classes and I'll put in some work for a change.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #408
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Perhaps better suited for another thread, but since we want classes set around the base of this roster, I would ask if perhaps someone would be soi kind as to maybe do some research on the last 5-10 draft classes? See how many studs came from each, All-stars, solid starters, young guys still with a chance, and busts and make something workable.

I'd start digging into it myself right now, but already taken a sleep aid (total night-owl insomniac) and my beautiful girlfriend is snoring nearby so I won't be much for it tonight.

Would be a definite boon to any classes we could create if we could simulate strong drafts, weak drafts, a talent infuser draft (think Lebron, Wade, Melo, Bosh, et al draft) and more. I'm just throwing this out there.

P.S. - to Slimm, my concern is that we won't be able to edit contracts for incoming rookies in an association to how the new CBA works now, and they will sign like the atrocities given to Irving and D. Williams initially. I don't know how close you are with the REDedit folks... but maybe ask if they will allow just a contract edit on players in an association just to allow those players who will never mod another thing this one thing... bah, I've rambled long enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »