Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #105
Banned

rosque's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

OK.. Thanks for response.. I'm still deciding between your roster and official one for new MP that I will be playing next 3-4 weeks intensively as after that I won't have much time due to school and football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 19

I decided to fire up a CPU association this morning and set all teams to manual control. I let the CPU play the first game and the Mavs beat the Bulls in a low-scoring affair. The second game is the Rockets at Utah.

So I start it up and go out to my workshop for a little while. I come back in during the 3rd quarter and it's like 85-60, Rockets leading. I go to look at team stats and the Rockets have taken 68 shots, 28 of them being threes. At this point, I'm not very happy, even though the stats from the first game were legit.

I go into the box score screen and in the middle of the 3rd, Kevin Martin has 42. 42 in the 3rd for Kevin Martin! He ended up with 51 points and was 11-18 from 3pt land. Apparantly, even with the consistency slider at 0, the CPU AI will still feed the hot hand and they can stay hot. The rest of the team shot 13 3's beside him, so in an average game (where he takes around 7 3's), they should have been around 20.

Devin Harris also went for 29-6-10 with 3 steals.

I love the variation I get with this game.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 4

Could you please post me your coach profiles?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #108
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
HA! I forgot to upload the file.

I will try them as soon as possible, thanks for the hard work !

Quote:
Once REDitor is released, hopefully next week, I'm hopeful I'll be able to unlock the "Official" rookies and some hidden free agents. The "Final" Roster won't be done for probably another few weeks or a month, depending on when REDitor comes out.
Editing socks colors, finally

Quote:
Apparantly, even with the consistency slider at 0, the CPU AI will still feed the hot hand and they can stay hot.
I thought the consitency slider means game to game consistency, not necessarily within a single game.
Like, a player with very high consistency will more often perform up to his potential while a player with low consistency will have as many bad games as he has good ones.
Did you notice anything like this ?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #109
MVP

I will in a bit. If you're on PC, you can download the roster because the coaching profiles save to it. If you're on a different platform, you shouldn't just try the coaching profiles on top of another roster. All of my edits were done systemically and will only work properly if used together.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #110
MVP

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2ZBUW1ud2owYXc

This is the link to the coach slider settings. The shot location numbers were left as they are on the documents. Each number is the percentage of shots taken from that location on the floor by the team last year.

For Offensive Tempo, Defensive Pressure, and Defensive Help, I didn't quite use those numbers. I did at one time, then changed it but it's close enough. I think what I'm going to settle on is a 25-50-75-100 scale for the defensive settings and a 50-75-100 scale for offensive tempo. It's a tiered system (simple) and works like it looks: if a team is in the top 1/4 of defensive efficiency, they get a 100 on defensive pressure, if they are in the bottom 1/4 of points in the paint allowed, they get a 25 in help d. Here are the stats I matched up for those ratings:

Help D - Points in the Paint Allowed
Defensive Pressure - Defensive Rating
Offensive Tempo - Pace
Old 12-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 5

Beautiful, as always. One thing you did leave out:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...IndyStar.com|p

Indiana may be my new team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #112
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
I thought the consitency slider means game to game consistency, not necessarily within a single game.
Like, a player with very high consistency will more often perform up to his potential while a player with low consistency will have as many bad games as he has good ones.
Did you notice anything like this ?
I'm not sure. The definition of the rating is "The likelihood that a player gets of out of cold streak or gets on a hot streak". Not exactly that, but that's the meaning. I've often wondered, though.

I've been thinking about getting some of the roster edits together to talk about what different ratings and sliders REALLY do. For instance, I don't think Offensive Tempo determines how quickly the offense moves the ball around, I think it determines how likely they are to take the open shot. If you put this slider at 100, teams will shoot more often with a small amount of room. The lower you take it, the more space they require to take the open shot. At least this is one of the results I have seen. I'd like to know what other people have seen, also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »