Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_42
Beautiful, as always. One thing you did leave out:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...IndyStar.com|p

Indiana may be my new team.
I saw that, I think Durant grew (saw a picture of him the other day visibly taller than Perkins), Perkins has lost about 20 pounds, as has Josh Smith. I didn't even think about editing those things. Would help with the immersion. Want to take on that part of the project, then re-upload it?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #114
Rookie

puttincomputers's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Slimm, I like your sig!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #115
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I've been thinking about getting some of the roster edits together to talk about what different ratings and sliders REALLY do. For instance, I don't think Offensive Tempo determines how quickly the offense moves the ball around, I think it determines how likely they are to take the open shot. If you put this slider at 100, teams will shoot more often with a small amount of room. The lower you take it, the more space they require to take the open shot. At least this is one of the results I have seen. I'd like to know what other people have seen, also.
This has always been my perception of this setting as well.
It would make a lot of sense to have a coaching slider which makes the team either pass the ball on faster, or be more conservative and look more carefully for a good passing opportunity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2ZBUW1ud2owYXc

This is the link to the coach slider settings. The shot location numbers were left as they are on the documents. Each number is the percentage of shots taken from that location on the floor by the team last year.

For Offensive Tempo, Defensive Pressure, and Defensive Help, I didn't quite use those numbers. I did at one time, then changed it but it's close enough. I think what I'm going to settle on is a 25-50-75-100 scale for the defensive settings and a 50-75-100 scale for offensive tempo. It's a tiered system (simple) and works like it looks: if a team is in the top 1/4 of defensive efficiency, they get a 100 on defensive pressure, if they are in the bottom 1/4 of points in the paint allowed, they get a 25 in help d. Here are the stats I matched up for those ratings:

Help D - Points in the Paint Allowed
Defensive Pressure - Defensive Rating
Offensive Tempo - Pace
Thanks.Whats the run plays rating for teams?All 25??
Old 12-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Thanks.Whats the run plays rating for teams?All 25??
Can't remember, exactly. I think it fluctuates between 25 and 75.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
This has always been my perception of this setting as well.
It would make a lot of sense to have a coaching slider which makes the team either pass the ball on faster, or be more conservative and look more carefully for a good passing opportunity.
I agree. I haven't noticed the team moving the ball around faster with this at 100 than with it at 0 but I have seen the CPU be more willing to shoot with it higher. Until I do more testing or somebody else already has and can explain it, I'm going to continue thinking that it's essentially a team-by-team offensive awareness slider of sorts.

I've noticed the Offensive Awareness slider causes players to find the open man with the pass easier and it increases the amount of kick outs I see. The Offensive Tempo coaching slider seems to tell players how quickly to shoot when open or, my guess is, gives them a smaller range to detect where the defender is to take the shot. IMO, the higher the slider, the smaller the range is. Therefore, the AI determines how far a defender has to be away from a certain player before they'll think they're "open" and take the shot.

It would be helpful if there was a dedicated slider to determine how quickly and/or often a team passes the ball around so we could see more differences between teams like Orlando (who uses a lot of perimeter ball movement) and Chicago (one primary ball-handler who more-often-than-not controls the offense).
Old 12-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #119
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
It would be helpful if there was a dedicated slider to determine how quickly and/or often a team passes the ball around so we could see more differences between teams like Orlando (who uses a lot of perimeter ball movement) and Chicago (one primary ball-handler who more-often-than-not controls the offense).
Playbooks determine offensive "pace" when it comes to passing and ball movement. Playbook customization has become a must-have for 2K12 based on the changes that were left out of the major gameplay patch. I think you'll be fine once you have multiple customized playbooks to distribute among the teams.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I saw that, I think Durant grew (saw a picture of him the other day visibly taller than Perkins), Perkins has lost about 20 pounds, as has Josh Smith. I didn't even think about editing those things. Would help with the immersion. Want to take on that part of the project, then re-upload it?
I can do that. What site have you been using for your stats/player info? I'd like to keep it consistent with what you've been doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »