Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
The newest file is in post 7 of this thread. If you wait a few days, I'll have all teams completed and will upload a new file. I'm halfway done with the Pistons now, then I have the Raptors, Rockets, Timberwolves, and Wizards to go. Not much longer and all teams will be done.
I will wait for the full release,before i try these out.I hope they are really good :P
Old 11-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #34
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I lowered the hustle slider to 0 because it helps improve the fast break by not giving the CPU defender an insane speed boost that puts them in position every time. The driving contact slider is at 0 to drastically reduce the bumping animations on drives.
Interesting. I was checking out TheTruth's sliders and he has hustle to 100 for both to keep the fastbreak-cheese in check.
I think I will try both and will probably end up with it back at 50 afterwards, lol.

Btw, I actually find the defenders to be too lazy when running back on defense after my team looses possession. I'm not very sure how much of this was already the case before I put the hustle slider at 0 as you have it.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
Interesting. I was checking out TheTruth's sliders and he has hustle to 100 for both to keep the fastbreak-cheese in check.
I think I will try both and will probably end up with it back at 50 afterwards, lol.

Btw, I actually find the defenders to be too lazy when running back on defense after my team looses possession. I'm not very sure how much of this was already the case before I put the hustle slider at 0 as you have it.
The Truth's sliders are also for use with All-Star settings, which play differently than Pro. Feel free to tweak/change/or demolish sliders to your liking. With them where they are, I can still get chase-down blocks on breaks if I have a fast player and the CPU doesn't get the speed burst animation where they are able to cut off the break, regardless of speed ratings. One thing I've learned through tweaking sliders and deeply editing ratings and tendencies is there is no one right way to manipulate the game or play it. Each person is going to want to see different things, have different gameplay styles, and want different experiences, even if those variances are small.

I also wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I thought I was going to have all teams done by now, but once I got Phoenix to play how I wanted them to, I had to re-do the tendency formulas for drive, attack, set-up dribbles, pre-setup dribbles, and freelance tendencies for the teams I had done (all but 4). I only have a few more teams to re-tendency, then I'll be able to finish the Raptors, Rockets, T-Wolves, and Wizards. Thanks for being patient and thanks for showing interest in this project.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 11-22-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Take your time. The effort your showing here is worth the waiting and since I recently injured the thumb of my right hand pretty damn bad I am not able to play real basketball nor the pc game anyway. Marvelous, isn't it?

Never try to catch the ball with your thumb only and never ever try to do it two times in a row within a few seconds. Ouch.

Muuuu
Old 11-23-2011, 12:21 AM   #37
Rookie

Icon1 Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Very nice GAME SLIDERS. I tried this one last night and had a classic game against the LA Lakers -- me Memphis.

It was a very close game with the Lakers winning 86-85.

At around 2 mins of 4Q --> I was up by 4, 83-79, but Kobe did what is expected of him taking a 3 and 2 giving them 84-83 lead.

Less than 30 secs left, my possession --> Play was for Randolph at low. I made 2 points with a hook against P. Gasol giving me 85-84 lead.

Time out LA, inbound --> Expecting them to rely on Kobe once more, I doubled him right away (bad decision for me) but they gave the ball to a slightly open P. Gasol. LA took the win with Pau's J, 86-85.

I am not a good judge of what is realistic and not in terms of stats but gameplay-wise, it feels real for me. Scoring is not easy so every possession really matters.

So here are some stats from the game:

LA -- Memphis
Points 86 -- 85
FG 36/70 -- 36/69
FG% 51% -- 52%
3PT 4/16 -- 3/8
3PT% 25% -- 37%
FT 10/14 -- 10/14
FT 71% -- 71%
Assist 16 -- 16
TO 13 -- 11
TF 10 -- 11
Tot Reb 35 -- 34
Off Reb 3 -- 2
Steals 7 -- 5
Blocks 3 -- 2
Pts in Paint 52 -- 54
Bench Pts 21 -- 27
2nd Chance Pts 6 -- 2
Fast Brk Pts 8 -- 8
Pts off TO 5 -- 18

Thanks and I will give your Rosters and Coaching Profiles a try.

Last edited by domain008; 11-23-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Changed Memphis FG from 63/69 to 36/69
Old 11-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by domain008
Very nice GAME SLIDERS. I tried this one last night and had a classic game against the LA Lakers -- me Memphis.

It was a very close game with the Lakers winning 86-85.

At around 2 mins of 4Q --> I was up by 4, 83-79, but Kobe did what is expected of him taking a 3 and 2 giving them 84-83 lead.

Less than 30 secs left, my possession --> Play was for Randolph at low. I made 2 points with a hook against P. Gasol giving me 85-84 lead.

Time out LA, inbound --> Expecting them to rely on Kobe once more, I doubled him right away (bad decision for me) but they gave the ball to a slightly open P. Gasol. LA took the win with Pau's J, 86-85.

I am not a good judge of what is realistic and not in terms of stats but gameplay-wise, it feels real for me. Scoring is not easy so every possession really matters.

So here are some stats from the game:

LA -- Memphis
Points 86 -- 85
FG 36/70 -- 36/69
FG% 51% -- 52%
3PT 4/16 -- 3/8
3PT% 25% -- 37%
FT 10/14 -- 10/14
FT 71% -- 71%
Assist 16 -- 16
TO 13 -- 11
TF 10 -- 11
Tot Reb 35 -- 34
Off Reb 3 -- 2
Steals 7 -- 5
Blocks 3 -- 2
Pts in Paint 52 -- 54
Bench Pts 21 -- 27
2nd Chance Pts 6 -- 2
Fast Brk Pts 8 -- 8
Pts off TO 5 -- 18

Thanks and I will give your Rosters and Coaching Profiles a try.
I'm glad you enjoyed them! I should have all teams done and a new file uploaded sometime this weekend, but it might be early next week due to the Holiday.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #39
MVP

I've had some communication with youALREADYknow about more editing on the playbooks so each team will have more individuality. I don't have an ETA, but that part of the roster is going to continue to be edited.

It is my hope to get this game to play the way it was intended to. When the right adjustments are made, this game is beautiful to play and watch. Hopefully I can pass the experience on to as many PC users as well and we can get past the cheese, frustration, and disappointment that so many have voiced since the game was released.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #40
Rookie

Thanks for your efforts guys, it is really appreciated. I only played MP so far on superstar using a hybride version of yours and thetruths sliders with your rosters and settings of course. The game experience is much better. Not "perfect", but I'll find the proper slider adjustments at one point. Keep it up guys! Muuuu

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »