Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Thanks, then still looking for your updated report on your findings about simmed stats of teams. Here is were the sim engine seems broken or dissociated of scaled ratings and tendencies. To me, this year, is worse than ever.

Players stats are for the most part, "easy to fix", just with scaled ratings and tendencies ... there are few exceptions, the ones I listed and that you have now confirmed, such as blocks/assists/fg% ... which seems (being pretty optimistic) only partially fixable.

Again, thanks.
No problem. Did you check out the Google Document I posted at the beginning of this thread that gave the sim-stats for the teams that were done at the time compared with their real-life stats from last year? The link to the Google Doc is in post #2 and there is a post I made regarding a second simulation that included metric stats in post #20. I believe that the stats would be slightly more accurate if I could get the minutes in association to stay the same as they are set in the roster file (I only controlled one team when beginning the Association to save time).

I've been thinking lately about why some players have lower FG% during sims than they should and I think it may be related to their Shot In Traffic Rating, which is very low for nearly all players by default. I'll need to test the theory to check it out, but I think it may work.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
No problem. Did you check out the Google Document I posted at the beginning of this thread that gave the sim-stats for the teams that were done at the time compared with their real-life stats from last year? The link to the Google Doc is in post #2 and there is a post I made regarding a second simulation that included metric stats in post #20. I believe that the stats would be slightly more accurate if I could get the minutes in association to stay the same as they are set in the roster file (I only controlled one team when beginning the Association to save time).

I've been thinking lately about why some players have lower FG% during sims than they should and I think it may be related to their Shot In Traffic Rating, which is very low for nearly all players by default. I'll need to test the theory to check it out, but I think it may work.
Shot in traffic does not affects siming ... only area shot attributes and tendencies.

That is a part of the sim engine disassociation of ratings ... all but 3pts are not related as they used to ... which btw, makes 3pfg% be very high under the default scale, as the engine does not considers the alteration made on that formula.

I took a look at the google data and seems good, then again, you should run a sim test of a season to see how are your edits translating within the sim engine ... and look for the specific team stats that I posted, since they seem to be the ones with the most issues for pre and post custom edits.

Thanks and sorry for this request, is just that I want confirmation (from a knowledgeable guy) of either a broken engine on this regards or possible solutions for this issues.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 12-04-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #75
MVP

Just simulated a season. Here are the general team stats. Let me know what you want to see, specifically:

Best record - Mavs 57-25
Worst Record - Kings 21-61

Most PPG - Suns 105.1 Real Life - Den 107.5
Least PPG - Bobcats 87.9 Real Life - Bucks 91.9

Most PPG Allowed - Raptors 105.8 Real Life - Timberwolves 107.7
Least PPG Allowed - Bucks 88.4 Real Life - Celtics 91.1

Best FG% - Suns 46.7 Real Life - Celtics 48.6
Worst FG% - Cavs 40.8 Real Life - Bucks 43

Best 3pt% - Spurs 41.6 Real Life - Spurs 39.7
Worst 3pt% - Raptors 29.5 Real Life - Raptors 31.6

Most APG - Suns 21.2
Least APG - Bobcats 14.8

Most RPG - Pacers 48.4
Least RPG - Trailblazers 41.6

Sorry, but I've been gone since Friday and just got done driving around 300 miles to make it home. I don't feel like doing much more number crunching or research tonight. Again, if there's anything else specific that you want me to look for, let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Just simulated a season. Here are the general team stats. Let me know what you want to see, specifically:

Best record - Mavs 57-25
Worst Record - Kings 21-61

Most PPG - Suns 105.1 Real Life - Den 107.5
Least PPG - Bobcats 87.9 Real Life - Bucks 91.9

Most PPG Allowed - Raptors 105.8 Real Life - Timberwolves 107.7
Least PPG Allowed - Bucks 88.4 Real Life - Celtics 91.1

Best FG% - Suns 46.7 Real Life - Celtics 48.6
Worst FG% - Cavs 40.8 Real Life - Bucks 43

Best 3pt% - Spurs 41.6 Real Life - Spurs 39.7
Worst 3pt% - Raptors 29.5 Real Life - Raptors 31.6

Most APG - Suns 21.2
Least APG - Bobcats 14.8

Most RPG - Pacers 48.4
Least RPG - Trailblazers 41.6

Sorry, but I've been gone since Friday and just got done driving around 300 miles to make it home. I don't feel like doing much more number crunching or research tonight. Again, if there's anything else specific that you want me to look for, let me know.
You are getting good numbers indeed, at least compared to me, seems that I would have to change the scale to a new one to try and account for the issues I am finding.

You are getting (maybe due to your roster still being a work in progress) slight lower results on all stats (compared to last season), if this persist, I would suggest to try and globally up the number of fg attempts just a bit ... this should allow for more team assists, rebounds and ppgs (and maybe bocks, thus doubt). Also, make few edits to the FG% in order to up it a bit too, as the league average was 46%.

Then again, this season is going to be a shorter one and the last time we had a shorter season, the league had the lowest team scores and efficiency since the modern era. So, you might as well leave it as that. Thanks and again, sorry for putting you on this.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
You are getting good numbers indeed, at least compared to me, seems that I would have to change the scale to a new one to try and account for the issues I am finding.

You are getting (maybe due to your roster still being a work in progress) slight lower results on all stats (compared to last season), if this persist, I would suggest to try and globally up the number of fg attempts just a bit ... this should allow for more team assists, rebounds and ppgs (and maybe bocks, thus doubt). Also, make few edits to the FG% in order to up it a bit too, as the league average was 46%.

Then again, this season is going to be a shorter one and the last time we had a shorter season, the league had the lowest team scores and efficiency since the modern era. So, you might as well leave it as that. Thanks and again, sorry for putting you on this.
I think part of the statistical difference is the inability to rollover roster minutes into associations properly. If the starters (especially stars) were playing a few more minutes a game (which they should, up to 7 or 10 minutes per in some cases) I think it would account for a slightly lower than average FG% and would make up for some of the difference in Rebounds per game, Assists per Game, and Points per game. In the last sim I did, nobody averaged more than 34-36 minutes per game, while most starters averaged between 30 and 32. Superstars tend to average between 36 and 40 minutes per game.

Later, when I get a little time, I'll control all teams and set rotation minutes manually, and turn off injuries. Then I'll post more complete individual and team stats to see what we're working with as accurately as possible.

Blocks...nothing happening. Doesn't matter what you do there, it's just not going to matter.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

hi mate..i have been using ur roster and sliders(human vs cpu) for my player mode...one thing i have noticed is that the players tend to loose their dribble very often...my player is a point guard and when i try and drive to the hoop, i loose control of the ball and it causes silly turnovers. the big men cant dribble at all and seem to do the same thing...can you suggest any changes to the slider set to avoid this...also sometimes shorter players seem to jump as high as centers to get rebounds or dunks...it doesnt happen very often though.....well apart from these things i must say the sliders seem to be working pretty well. the 3pt shooting for the cpu seems good and the matches especially in the 4th qtr are pretty challenging. Im playing on 10 min all star diff
Old 12-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman321
hi mate..i have been using ur roster and sliders(human vs cpu) for my player mode...one thing i have noticed is that the players tend to loose their dribble very often...my player is a point guard and when i try and drive to the hoop, i loose control of the ball and it causes silly turnovers. the big men cant dribble at all and seem to do the same thing...can you suggest any changes to the slider set to avoid this...also sometimes shorter players seem to jump as high as centers to get rebounds or dunks...it doesnt happen very often though.....well apart from these things i must say the sliders seem to be working pretty well. the 3pt shooting for the cpu seems good and the matches especially in the 4th qtr are pretty challenging. Im playing on 10 min all star diff
I had ball-handling issues at first but then I learned to do dribbling moves before I got into traffic and made sure that there was adequate spacing. If you are doing those things, it's probably the problem. Once I corrected my bad habits, I didn't see the problems anymore.

You can lower the vertical slider. In a slider set I'm working on, I think I have it lowered to 0. I've tried a lot of variations lately so I'm not sure. Try that out and also try lowering the defensive rebounding slider to 50 instead of 100.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

thanx for the reply...will try

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »