Home

ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K16 All-Star Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K16 All-Star Sim Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #97
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K16 All-Star Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian 13 Bravo
Hey man, played with your sliders for a bit and here are my observations so far:
Only really a few issues I wanted to address
- I'm concerned about cpu inside scoring being at 0, I understand what you are trying to do with limiting CPUs points in the paint but I have seen the cpu miss wayyyyyy too many ridiculously easy lay ups including both standing lay ups and driving lay ups. I think points in the paint is probably better addressed with tendencies and better user defense tbh.
- way too many blocks from user
- I know you and others addressed this earlier in the thread but I'm seeing too many ridiculous user turnovers, such as simple passes around the perimeter with no defensive pressure being airmailed into the stands

Other than that I have enjoyed what I've seen thus far, so far this year this set seems to have the most work put into it on all of OS. I appreciate your continued work so keep it up man! Let me know what you think about that inside scoring slider
Glad you are liking the sliders. I am just doing what I can to provide the best gameplay possible.
  • I am seeing a decent amount of missed shots in the paint, but nothing too major. I will mess with the tendencies, and maybe the other defensive sliders to try to improve that area.
  • Blocks are a tough thing to measure, depends on the team you use. I see good numbers with the Pistons, raptors, bucks, clippers, and wizards mainly against a variety of teams for testing.
  • I have put user pass accuracy at 49, which seems to solve this issue.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 10-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #98
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Played one of my best games yet last night, but lost to the Mavericks. Final score: 103 (CPU)- 98(Me). The game came down to the final possessions, and was closely contested throughout, with the largest lead only 6 points. With 28 seconds to go, I was inbounding the ball, down by three points. I called an inbounds play that had worked to get me an open 3 point shot earlier in the game, but the mass took away my first option (KCP), so I was forced to inbound to Andre Drummond. I looked to see if anyone was open, but the mavs were playing lockdown D on my shooters (Jennings, Meeks, KCP, and Ilyasova). I called for a handoff for KCP, who came and took the handoff and looked to turn the corner. Following KCP was Ilyasova, who had a step on his defender. I fired a turnaround pass, but it was slightly off target, and Wesley Matthews flew in and intercepted the pass. Matthews sprinted down the court and easily made the fast break layup with 9 seconds left, killing any hopes I had of a miraculous victory.

Game was very good, and only a few things still need to be tweaked. Offensive rebounds were a bit low for both teams (in part because I was messing with the rebound settings just to experiment), points in the paint are still a bit high, but might not be fixable. Going to change tendencies more to see what happens, and fast break points were high.

I keep thinking the set is close to done, then find some other area that needs tweaking. I have the weekend free so hopefully I can work out the kinks and finally get a finalized set. I will share my tweaks and findings as I work them out.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #99
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Team Stats: Mavericks (CPU) vs Pistons (Me)

Player Stats
Spoiler

Team Shot Charts
Spoiler

Old 10-18-2015, 04:49 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hi ThatMichiganFan,

First of all thanks for sharing your sliders and sharing that way all the effort you have made in order to make the perfect set ! I've been using your sliders for 9-10 games in my current season with Memphis with some adjustments. What i've seen so far :

1. You have nailed the Overall Speed of the game (Speed: 47 / Acceleration : 75/65 and speed(attribute): 65/60). I feel that this combination gives me the best overall player animations and general the best flow of a game..

2. I've started nba2k16 @ Superstar difficulty(im an old nba2k experienced player) out of the box. Never tried AllStar, so i don't know if what im about to say happens to allstar as well. The only mins per quarter set that gives me realistic stats is 11min/q. Cpu is always run down the floor like crazy and rarely plays 19-20 secs per attack.. It will mostly shoot in the first 10-12secs of the attack. Even if i call plays in every of my attacks and shoot @ 20-22 secs, still the scores and stats wrong. So, 11mins/q generates perfect stats. Same goes for the Season Simulated stats.. In order, to have realistic stats for the other simulated games of a season, you have to put again 11min/q. Everything touches the real stats except the overall points per game (which is approximately minus 5 per game). Everything else (especially Rebounds per game, steals, blocks etc) are realistic. Just run a simulated season with 12mins/q and see what im talking about (Rebounds per game : 55 average and so on..). Check the FG attempts on my 2 screenshots, im getting realistic numbers 82-83 average..

3. Im using Shot Release timing, therefore im using the 38/38/45/47 (inside/close/mid/3pt) combination to get realistic stats.

4. Turnovers. We need to increase that number. I've played the last 5 games with pass accuracy @ 45/40 and still dont get the 14turnovers average. Im thinking to lower that down even more to 42/38. (the screenshots im attaching is with 45/40.) Even if that means passes going out of bounds without any valid reason..

5. Offensive Rebounds. I increased the offensive a bit and lower the defensive : 65/30 and it works perfect.. Check ss.

6. Fouls. Im using 100/100/100/85/100. Getting 23/24 attempts per game which is the real nba average..

7. Blocks. The 30/50 slider set seems perfect again..

8. Steals. Hmm, I think we might have to increase them somehow a bit. We need 7.5 average and both me and cpu getting low numbers. Hands 45/40 is maybe low? or steal success should be increased like 52-55? I dont know.. You getting right numbers i guess??
Edit: Hmm, i had ball-handling @ 55 maybe that was the reason..

ill get back with some more feedback - Cheers and thanks again for your slider set. ;>

Edit : More screenshots with pass accuracy @ 42/38 ! (number of turnovers are realistic now) :

Last edited by illusiondrmr; 10-18-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #101
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Nice stats illusion. The biggest issue I see from a quick look over is the CPU 3 point attempts are quite low other than the one Jazz game. Have you messed with tendencies?

I hope you share your changes if you make any because I think your sliders are closest to what I wish to play (using User timing shooting). I always look for sliders that correlate to real world averages the way you're doing.

Last edited by BrianU; 10-18-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 07:41 AM   #102
Rookie

Free_Mike_Vick's Arena

I like the sliders a lot. I played a very entertaining game that came down to a last second play. I (Cleveland) lost by 2 to the Chicago Bulls. But I noticed that our field goal attempts (88 me, 99 CPU) were higher than average, and Chicago had 60 points in the paint, no matter what I tried to do defensively. What do I need to tweak to make these stats a little more realistic? Great job on these sliders, btw.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #103
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Mike_Vick
I like the sliders a lot. I played a very entertaining game that came down to a last second play. I (Cleveland) lost by 2 to the Chicago Bulls. But I noticed that our field goal attempts (88 me, 99 CPU) were higher than average, and Chicago had 60 points in the paint, no matter what I tried to do defensively. What do I need to tweak to make these stats a little more realistic? Great job on these sliders, btw.
Maybe play better defence next time proper def settings - its a sim

Old 10-19-2015, 09:16 AM   #104
Just started!

work this slider set also for PS4?
is there any diffrent between X-Box One and PS4, or it dosent matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »