Home

NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2022, 09:13 PM   #57
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

Yea, I think I've made up my mind and settled on sticking with Real Player % shooting. After thinking about it more, I just don't like the idea of "greening" a shot, at a conceptual level. I get the need for it online, I really do, but for offline users we need an option to completely remove greens from the game. Just gonna copy/paste my reasoning from another thread here:

Quote:
Shot Timing is both too punishing AND too easy. I can miss a wide open 3 with Steph if I slightly mistime the shot, but I can make contested fadeaway 3s with Ben Simmons if I get good enough at his shot

Pass.

Even if I perfect the sliders down to essentially making the game "Green or Real Player %", it's still bad because then I can just green with bad shooters and break the game that way. If only there was an option to remove greens entirely from Offline while keeping shot timing, so that even a perfectly timed shot can still miss. Or, more accurately, so that the idea of a perfectly timed shot doesn't exist.
It's possible I'll change my mind and come back to shot timing, but for the foreseeable future I don't think I'll waste any more time trying to work around a feature that I outright loathe at a fundamental level.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-12-2022 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:43 PM   #58
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

Just got my first game in on the Alpha slider set!

Really enjoyed this one the whole way through. Played it with 12 Min Quarters so scores were a little high but it was exciting.

Player movement felt quick but weighted nicely. Really felt a nice balance trying to stay in front of the ball handler.

I usered the Pels and their Big 3 evenly split the offensive load with an additional great performance from JV.

Knicks got off to a slow start after the half and fell down 23 and stormed back in the 4th as the Pels went cold shooting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4895.jpg (199.1 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4897.jpg (230.3 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4896.jpg (237.0 KB, 223 views)
Old 09-13-2022, 12:07 AM   #59
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Used duhitsrandy’s shot success suggestions and turned Post Shots and Look For Post Players down to 45 to try and slow down the big dominance. Got one of the best games I’ve ever had using 2K’s roster. Cavs/CPU @ Bucks/Me. They controlled the first half, I made some adjustments and came back, then Mitchell hit a completely contested shot clock beating three to win.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5EDA075E-6C2B-4517-AD22-760919DAF396.jpg (598.6 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg D243138C-29C4-4D39-AF5B-39C4918700E2.jpg (603.6 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg B51F2CEA-8437-428D-9F46-6678DEEF524B.jpg (623.5 KB, 205 views)
Old 09-13-2022, 12:40 AM   #60
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Loving the look of those stats. 2K really killed it this year, only needing minor tweaks to put this game to the next level. I can’t wait to get started on the Kobe Era
Old 09-13-2022, 04:15 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpedientFalcon
From the CPU vs CPU side, I'll just say I've had great results with the alpha slider set. If you do CPU vs CPU, you definitely want Shooting Fouls at 90 on both sides, other than that I'm playing with sliders exactly as listed and the statlines are very close to real 2022 season averages across the board. Gameplay feels clean and about as realistic as you can get it in 2k. I'm also not seeing the same issue with Big Man domination, Bigs on CPU vs CPU with these sliders are playing about as you'd expect.

I guess one thing that may need some tweaking is that I'm seeing a lot of attempted--and missed--alley-oops. That probably could be toned down a bit.
Do u stream at all? I'm interested in cpu vs cpu franchise and i haven't really seen if the cpu plays like they do irl now w the 3 point attempts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 05:59 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
For hours I've been setting simulated game sliders for MyNBA settings in order to get realistic team stats. I think I got it finally. Luca will average near 40ppg by default which is just dumb. Jordan career high was 37ppg once. I don't think 99 for any tendency should be a thing. It creates problems. 11min simulated quarters is a MUST as well or all stats are too inflated. I tried everything at 12min and the ppg and other things were always too high no matter what.

I thought about posting my setup but idk. I had to edit some things in roster to get them to where they are now. For example, 3pt shot tendency max is 90. Sooo many guys with 99 it is just nuts. Created too many 3PA. Basically any tendency that is 99 by default except like shot under or shot close I capped it at 95 or 90. Touches that were 99 are now capped at 90. And the basic shot tendency at 99 is capped at 85 to be max around the league.

Now in the sim Luca averages 30-32ppg. I know I'll have to redo it when I start a real played season but I got it wrote down so it's quick and easy. My goal is to get sim stats right for each era. Obviously waiting on rosters for the older eras right now so just worked on modern day for now.

I will probably create a thread for my setups since I plan to have setups for each era. Maybe others would be interested and want to use them.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I'd love to see your edits play out. Luca was just a beast against me scoring 40 plus. It felt off

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2022, 07:35 AM   #63
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
I'd love to see your edits play out. Luca was just a beast against me scoring 40 plus. It felt off

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Sent you a message

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 09-13-2022, 09:01 AM   #64
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Used duhitsrandy’s shot success suggestions and turned Post Shots and Look For Post Players down to 45 to try and slow down the big dominance. Got one of the best games I’ve ever had using 2K’s roster. Cavs/CPU @ Bucks/Me. They controlled the first half, I made some adjustments and came back, then Mitchell hit a completely contested shot clock beating three to win.
Are these foul numbers pretty representative of what you’re all experiencing? I would like to get them higher if possible. Do you guys think that’s going to be possible with this year’s version of 2k?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »