Home

NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-13-2022, 11:35 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yea, I think I've made up my mind and settled on sticking with Real Player % shooting. After thinking about it more, I just don't like the idea of "greening" a shot, at a conceptual level. I get the need for it online, I really do, but for offline users we need an option to completely remove greens from the game. Just gonna copy/paste my reasoning from another thread here:

It's possible I'll change my mind and come back to shot timing, but for the foreseeable future I don't think I'll waste any more time trying to work around a feature that I outright loathe at a fundamental level.
Wouldn’t messing with the Shot Timing slider have some impact on that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #66
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4life
Are these foul numbers pretty representative of what you’re all experiencing? I would like to get them higher if possible. Do you guys think that’s going to be possible with this year’s version of 2k?
I played the foul game at the end so the Cavs #s are a little inflated. Fouling feels a lot better this year though, don’t have to force much.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #67
Rookie

ExpedientFalcon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Are these foul numbers pretty representative of what you’re all experiencing? I would like to get them higher if possible. Do you guys think that’s going to be possible with this year’s version of 2k?

I'm getting approximately these numbers. FWIW the league average in 21-22 was 16.9 FTM and 21.9 FTA per team per game so this is pretty close. If yours are feeling low maybe set both CPU and User shooting fouls to 90?
Old 09-13-2022, 02:33 PM   #68
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Wouldn’t messing with the Shot Timing slider have some impact on that?

No, because you can’t git rid of the stupid green mechanic. So as long as you learn the animations you can turn anyone into Steph, and Steph will miss just as often as Ben Simmons. It’s just a dumb mechanic for a sim experience. The two are mutually exclusive.

You should never be able to perfect a release, as it makes ratings completely pointless.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:07 PM   #69
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:

I’ll just get this out of the way right up front: Fouls are NOT a problem in 2K23. I get the worry based on the last 6+ years of 2K having unsolvable foul problems. But 2K took the feedback and fixed that completely this year. If a foul animation triggers (and they do often), a foul is called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2022, 04:37 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
I’ll just get this out of the way right up front: Fouls are NOT a problem in 2K23. I get the worry based on the last 6+ years of 2K having unsolvable foul problems. But 2K took the feedback and fixed that completely this year. If a foul animation triggers (and they do often), a foul is called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FWIW it's the same on current gen from what I'm seeing. I beat the Bucks in part because Giannis fouled out with 8 min left in Q4 this morning. Never ever ever saw anything like that in previous years.

Loving it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2022, 06:19 PM   #71
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Just to give a slight roadmap (to keep myself on track and to keep you guys informed), the focus for my next update will be on AI offensive tendencies and fine-tuning shot success. I like the way the game is playing, but I’m looking for a little more variety and aggression from the AI, while removing the “paint cheese” we’ve been seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 07:01 PM   #72
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Just to give a slight roadmap (to keep myself on track and to keep you guys informed), the focus for my next update will be on AI offensive tendencies and fine-tuning shot success. I like the way the game is playing, but I’m looking for a little more variety and aggression from the AI, while removing the “paint cheese” we’ve been seeing.
Curious to see what changes you make. I have some pretty drastic slider tendency changes now and it's helped a lot. Unfortunately superstar is too difficult for me lol. I had to drop to pro level and still had to lower sliders so I'm not getting wrecked by cpu offense every game. Love the gameplay and challenge!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »