Home

NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2022, 07:54 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

loved these as a base, the movement feels really good.

i personally had to lower the shot success sliders for both sides to 53/53/55/56 (i know this is mostly subjective based on each individual user) and then lowered contact shot success down to 45 (my original tweaks had this at 40 so 40-45 is the range i think will play the best)

i had 4 games with 60+% fg% and then when i did those adjustments for user only the cpu was shooting in the high 50s which lead me to apply the changes to them too

Last edited by duhitsrandy; 09-12-2022 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:55 AM   #50
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Which is weird because I just played against Cleveland specifically to test this out and they didn't throw a single lob. Just a random thought, are you all making sure to set Difficulty to Superstar instead of HoF? I have no clue if that effects anything but I could definitely see some HoF cheese leading to these increased lob attempts.
Sorry, I never personally played vs the Cavs. Above I just read Rudy say they attempt a lot too. Yes I set it on Superstar first before changing anything. I wonder if the Suns would? It's definitely odd then. I'm off work today so I'll run a quick test vs Miami again shortly. If they do it again then there's definitely something with them. Is there an attempt lob tendency under the rosters?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 09-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #51
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Two minutes in Butler is injured and Oladipo comes in. Here's a clip of what just happened smh.

https://youtu.be/gjVfetXnfW8

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 09:52 AM   #52
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Figured it out! Bam Adebayo has a 99 alley-oop tendency. So that's 100% the culprit here. Same team, and Dedmon also has a 99. To fix it we'll have to go and edit that for certain players. Looking at all player list and sorted that tendency. Jarrett Allen on Cavs is 99 too so that makes sense Rudy was seeing that. It's player specific.

46 players are 95 or 99. Most are C/PF. But there are a few SF/SG. Gary Payton Jr as a PG/SG is a 99. I don't watch modern NBA much at all. Does he catch lobs irl?

There's also an alley oop pass tendency. Kyle Lowry is a 99 there. So for Miami the combo of him and Bam I see why I was seeing what had to be close to 20 all oop attempts to Bam lol. Easy fix but quite annoying. Personally instead of editing roster I'll lower the slider itself and live with games without one most of the time. Since I don't even know how to attempt them myself I'm completely okay with never seeing the cpu do it.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-12-2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:57 PM   #53
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
Thanks for linking my page my man! Happy to help create something useful for you.

I haven’t messed with 2K in a little while, but I might be back this year with the new eras. We’ll see.

But anyway, great work as always!
You're welcome! Hope you come back to 2K, this year is easily the best since 2K11 for the offline crowd. Gameplay is pretty incredible, and the new Era-related modes are a godsend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
loved these as a base, the movement feels really good.

i personally had to lower the shot success sliders for both sides to 53/53/55/56 (i know this is mostly subjective based on each individual user) and then lowered contact shot success down to 45 (my original tweaks had this at 40 so 40-45 is the range i think will play the best)

i had 4 games with 60+% fg% and then when i did those adjustments for user only the cpu was shooting in the high 50s which lead me to apply the changes to them too
Good looks on the shooting tweaks, I'll give those settings a try in my testing today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Figured it out! Bam Adebayo has a 99 alley-oop tendency. So that's 100% the culprit here. Same team, and Dedmon also has a 99. To fix it we'll have to go and edit that for certain players. Looking at all player list and sorted that tendency. Jarrett Allen on Cavs is 99 too so that makes sense Rudy was seeing that. It's player specific.

46 players are 95 or 99. Most are C/PF. But there are a few SF/SG. Gary Payton Jr as a PG/SG is a 99. I don't watch modern NBA much at all. Does he catch lobs irl?

There's also an alley oop pass tendency. Kyle Lowry is a 99 there. So for Miami the combo of him and Bam I see why I was seeing what had to be close to 20 all oop attempts to Bam lol. Easy fix but quite annoying. Personally instead of editing roster I'll lower the slider itself and live with games without one most of the time. Since I don't even know how to attempt them myself I'm completely okay with never seeing the cpu do it.
It's always the damn rosters.... Ugh.

Idk if the best solution is to edit all the outliers down to something more sensible like the high-80s, or if it would be better to just mass edit everyone up a ways and then drop the Alley Oop tendency slider to compensate. Probably the latter.

I'll have to test on Miami with a low Oop tendency until I get realistic results, then jack up the rest of the roster until the rare lob is still thrown.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:59 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Idk if the best solution is to edit all the outliers down to something more sensible like the high-80s, or if it would be better to just mass edit everyone up a ways and then drop the Alley Oop tendency slider to compensate. Probably the latter.
I'm going through tendencies now looking for these sort of things. There are always a handful of outliers like this that create odd behaviors. The Tendencies on the 2K rosters are always horrible.

Fortunately the mass edit for all players function is very helpful. Too bad on current gen (dunno about next gen) you can't make the changes to all players on one screen in the roster but need to start a league or season and make the edits there. This means you need to re-do it when you start a new league. Grrr!
Old 09-12-2022, 08:12 PM   #55
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
I'm going through tendencies now looking for these sort of things. There are always a handful of outliers like this that create odd behaviors. The Tendencies on the 2K rosters are always horrible.

Fortunately the mass edit for all players function is very helpful. Too bad on current gen (dunno about next gen) you can't make the changes to all players on one screen in the roster but need to start a league or season and make the edits there. This means you need to re-do it when you start a new league. Grrr!
For hours I've been setting simulated game sliders for MyNBA settings in order to get realistic team stats. I think I got it finally. Luca will average near 40ppg by default which is just dumb. Jordan career high was 37ppg once. I don't think 99 for any tendency should be a thing. It creates problems. 11min simulated quarters is a MUST as well or all stats are too inflated. I tried everything at 12min and the ppg and other things were always too high no matter what.

I thought about posting my setup but idk. I had to edit some things in roster to get them to where they are now. For example, 3pt shot tendency max is 90. Sooo many guys with 99 it is just nuts. Created too many 3PA. Basically any tendency that is 99 by default except like shot under or shot close I capped it at 95 or 90. Touches that were 99 are now capped at 90. And the basic shot tendency at 99 is capped at 85 to be max around the league.

Now in the sim Luca averages 30-32ppg. I know I'll have to redo it when I start a real played season but I got it wrote down so it's quick and easy. My goal is to get sim stats right for each era. Obviously waiting on rosters for the older eras right now so just worked on modern day for now.

I will probably create a thread for my setups since I plan to have setups for each era. Maybe others would be interested and want to use them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 08:47 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
For hours I've been setting simulated game sliders for MyNBA settings in order to get realistic team stats. I think I got it finally. Luca will average near 40ppg by default which is just dumb. Jordan career high was 37ppg once. I don't think 99 for any tendency should be a thing. It creates problems. 11min simulated quarters is a MUST as well or all stats are too inflated. I tried everything at 12min and the ppg and other things were always too high no matter what.

I thought about posting my setup but idk. I had to edit some things in roster to get them to where they are now. For example, 3pt shot tendency max is 90. Sooo many guys with 99 it is just nuts. Created too many 3PA. Basically any tendency that is 99 by default except like shot under or shot close I capped it at 95 or 90. Touches that were 99 are now capped at 90. And the basic shot tendency at 99 is capped at 85 to be max around the league.

Now in the sim Luca averages 30-32ppg. I know I'll have to redo it when I start a real played season but I got it wrote down so it's quick and easy. My goal is to get sim stats right for each era. Obviously waiting on rosters for the older eras right now so just worked on modern day for now.

I will probably create a thread for my setups since I plan to have setups for each era. Maybe others would be interested and want to use them.

100% I hear you. I've started a table in excel of the changes I'm making, the target range for key tendencies, and my reasons for the change.

It will be my cheat sheet for each league I create to get it right. I'll share notes with you here or on a different thread so as not to hijack this one.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »