Home

NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2022, 06:28 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

I’ve played about 6 games with these and these stats are pretty much what I’m seeing overall……. Biggest thing is the shooting %s are a little high and defense is non existent especially in the paint

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2022, 06:41 PM   #82
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
I’ve played about 6 games with these and these stats are pretty much what I’m seeing overall……. Biggest thing is the shooting %s are a little high and defense is non existent especially in the paint
Yup, gameplay has definitely changed a little bit since I posted the alpha slider set. Nothing drastic, mostly just movement and game speed but that can have quite the domino effect on gameplay. I've had to drop Game Speed to 55 today to get movement back to the look and feel of a week ago, which has helped the defense quite a lot for both the User and CPU.

I'm also making drastic changes to shot success, Ball Security, Body-Up Sensitivity, Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength, Consistency (which COMPLETELY changes the game), and some tendencies.

I'll actually get a few of these changes posted to the OP right now, because even if they change slightly by tonight or tomorrow they're still an improvement on the current set. Check the OP in a couple minutes for some of the new settings
Old 09-16-2022, 06:51 PM   #83
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yup, gameplay has definitely changed a little bit since I posted the alpha slider set. Nothing drastic, mostly just movement and game speed but that can have quite the domino effect on gameplay. I've had to drop Game Speed to 55 today to get movement back to the look and feel of a week ago, which has helped the defense quite a lot for both the User and CPU.

I'm also making drastic changes to shot success, Ball Security, Body-Up Sensitivity, Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength, Consistency (which COMPLETELY changes the game), and some tendencies.

I'll actually get a few of these changes posted to the OP right now, because even if they change slightly by tonight or tomorrow they're still an improvement on the current set. Check the OP in a couple minutes for some of the new settings

I never even thought about the correlation between speed and movement changes and defense etc…….. I’ll try the changes out! Thanks as always for grinding on these sliders

Old 09-17-2022, 02:42 AM   #84
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Awesome! I finally have free time to play a few games this weekend and will input your sliders as soon as you change the OP.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-17-2022, 02:56 AM   #85
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yea, I think I've made up my mind and settled on sticking with Real Player % shooting. After thinking about it more, I just don't like the idea of "greening" a shot, at a conceptual level. I get the need for it online, I really do, but for offline users we need an option to completely remove greens from the game. Just gonna copy/paste my reasoning from another thread here:

It's possible I'll change my mind and come back to shot timing, but for the foreseeable future I don't think I'll waste any more time trying to work around a feature that I outright loathe at a fundamental level.

Another reason I’m sticking with real FG is I can focus on other things. I might be eyeing off an offball guy to see whether to sling a mid shot pass to, or switch to a rebounder. Having real fg makes these things doable without having to worry about shot timing.

Plus I can see more animations without having to look at a meter or set of hands.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 03:23 AM   #86
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

MINOR UPDATE v0.0.2!

Wow, sorry about the delay updating the OP. I had some company come over unannounced and they stayed til almost 2AM

This is more of an in-between update to counteract 2K's minor tweaks to gameplay (mostly just movement/animation speed) as well as to clean up some of the changes I originally made that didn't quite go far enough (nerfing PiP via shot success tweaks and defensive boosts, more turnovers, and more fouls). v0.0.2 should be a welcome improvement to my previous set without making any sweeping changes to the gameplay.

Expect a bit of an overhaul to the AI offensive tendencies as well as another boost to defense in the next update. And yea, probably some more in-between updates since 2K can't help but constantly mess with movement/animation speeds...

Enjoy!
Old 09-17-2022, 04:36 AM   #87
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Uploaded sliders on Xbox.

GT: Kongemeier

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-17-2022, 06:04 AM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
MINOR UPDATE v0.0.2!

Wow, sorry about the delay updating the OP. I had some company come over unannounced and they stayed til almost 2AM

This is more of an in-between update to counteract 2K's minor tweaks to gameplay (mostly just movement/animation speed) as well as to clean up some of the changes I originally made that didn't quite go far enough (nerfing PiP via shot success tweaks and defensive boosts, more turnovers, and more fouls). v0.0.2 should be a welcome improvement to my previous set without making any sweeping changes to the gameplay.

Expect a bit of an overhaul to the AI offensive tendencies as well as another boost to defense in the next update. And yea, probably some more in-between updates since 2K can't help but constantly mess with movement/animation speeds...

Enjoy!
Thk!!

Good news this year is that little patches from 2k didn’t broke the game!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »