Home

NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2022, 08:18 PM   #73
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Just to give a slight roadmap (to keep myself on track and to keep you guys informed), the focus for my next update will be on AI offensive tendencies and fine-tuning shot success. I like the way the game is playing, but I’m looking for a little more variety and aggression from the AI, while removing the “paint cheese” we’ve been seeing.
Just a quick question. New to this forum but not to the game. I've been using your sliders for the past couple of years. With the switch to PS5 and the differences in gameplay this year, I was wondering what your opinion is on using these sliders for player lock-type franchise which would mean your teammates are playing CPU vs CPU all the time. Also do you think these sliders are appropriate for a roster that incorporates legends(basically All Time teams) which means the average overall is about 85-90. I ask because a lot of the legends are already so OP and even the role players are above average for today's roster.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:34 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsrealDaily
Just a quick question. New to this forum but not to the game. I've been using your sliders for the past couple of years. With the switch to PS5 and the differences in gameplay this year, I was wondering what your opinion is on using these sliders for player lock-type franchise which would mean your teammates are playing CPU vs CPU all the time. Also do you think these sliders are appropriate for a roster that incorporates legends(basically All Time teams) which means the average overall is about 85-90. I ask because a lot of the legends are already so OP and even the role players are above average for today's roster.
My guess is that they definitely work out, but you may have to lower shot success across the board a bit, since most players have good ratings…

Also maybe adjust the tendencies to reflect the type of gameplay you want to experience since the sliders are thought out considering how the current NBA plays out (more threes, faster pace, more spacing, higher tempo)
Old 09-15-2022, 08:28 PM   #75
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

For anyone still needing some dribbling tips, check out this (and other) vids by Kevin Cruz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z84ev5oIh4I

He routinely posts basic, non-cheese ways to get openings for a shot off the dribble or to break down your defender and get to the rim. Can't recommend him enough!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2022, 09:39 AM   #76
Just started!

Loving these sliders! Can really feel the difference controlling each player. The CPU works their sets, guys are taking shots they take in real life. One thing I’m having trouble getting is fast break points. The CPU always has 1-2 guys back almost instantly. Any ideas on how to counteract this? Otherwise I’ve been blown away with how well this plays with your changes.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:54 PM   #77
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt333
Loving these sliders! Can really feel the difference controlling each player. The CPU works their sets, guys are taking shots they take in real life. One thing I’m having trouble getting is fast break points. The CPU always has 1-2 guys back almost instantly. Any ideas on how to counteract this? Otherwise I’ve been blown away with how well this plays with your changes.

Yea, you really can’t get fastbreak points after a rebound. Sometimes they do leave an opening where the entire defense stays out by the three point line, so if you put on the burners after crossing half court and make your defender miss immediately you can steal a basket.

The best way to get fastbreak points is to get more steals. I’m working on increasing turnovers, and the first change toward this effect will be to drop Ball Security down to 30 or below (currently testing this on 0 and I may keep it there) as well as increasing the Go For On Ball Steals tendency to 100.

Try those changes out and let me know what you think!
Old 09-16-2022, 01:48 PM   #78
MVP

Does anybody else think the movement is not as clean as it was at the beginning? the players feel “herky-jerky” and unresponsive to controller input. Not sure if that part is slider related though……..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2022, 03:54 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Does anybody else think the movement is not as clean as it was at the beginning? the players feel “herky-jerky” and unresponsive to controller input. Not sure if that part is slider related though……..

I feel this a little too. Especially for players without the ball. Sometimes they speed the game up a bit in updates
Old 09-16-2022, 04:22 PM   #80
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood

Yup, the game has gotten slightly faster since I posted my sliders. Typical 2K, they will never leave Game Speed and movement alone. I honestly feel like they do this just to keep us offline slider guys constantly busy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »