Home

NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2022, 11:52 PM   #17
Rookie

ExpedientFalcon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

While we wait for Eccentric's no doubt GOATed sliders, here's a preliminary set I'm decently happy with for yall CPU vs CPU watchers who don't want to wait:

Base: All-Star
12 Minute Quarters

Game Speed: 60

Mid-Range Success: 55
3PT Success: 65
Shot Timing Impact: 0
Ball Security: 65
Pass Speed: 30
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Ball Handling: 45
Stealing: 55
Blocking: 40
Take 3PT Shots: 55
Shooting Foul Frequency: 100

I have no guarantees of how this will work for human sliders, that's not really my thing so much.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:30 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I'm really just focusing on On Ball Defense, Defensive Awareness, and Lateral Quickness increases for the AI. As Czar said, elite defenders react quicker and don't have that huge delay. That tells me the mechanic must be tied into attributes that dictate who the elite defenders are, and those three fit the bill.

I actually think I'll be decreasing Body Up Sensitivity, as I find it far too easy to trigger brickwall animations (especially as the user defender), and I want more hip-rides instead.

I plan on doing sliders for multiple eras (at least the current and Kobe eras, for sure). Idk if I'll do the 90s, but I almost certainly won't be doing any for the 80s (as I have 0 attachment to that era of the game, and limited knowledge or experience around the vast differences in how the game was played back then). But we'll see how it plays out.

My main focus will likely be around the mid-to-late 2000s up until the modern era, as that was by-far the most enjoyable time in the NBA for me as a viewer and also the most enjoyable style of basketball to play in a video game IMO. The 7 seconds or less Suns, the early dominance of Lebron on a terrible Cavs team, AI and prime Melo, the Big 3 in Boston, Kobe + Pau, Melo to the Knicks (what could have been..), the Heatles, pre-injury D-Rose, Spurs Kawhi, etc etc. all while the game was still about the post and mid range game while mixing in the 3 to keep the defense honest? Perfection.

Just need someone to put together a solid 2005 MyNBA Scenario (and any later years) and I might not touch the current era ever again lol
I will love play my Knicks at Kobe Era. Is a rebuild team and it will be fantastic draft some of the giants of 2003 class and who Knows? Lately trade for young Amare? 😍😍 Ohhh my….
Old 09-11-2022, 06:24 AM   #19
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

MAJOR UPDATE v0.0.1 *ALPHA*!

Well, I thought I was going to be posting my updates in pieces, first focusing on movement, then defense, then tendencies, and finally shooting... BUT I haven't been able to put the game down since Thursday night, nor have I been able to stop my tinkering mind from tweaking every last setting that was available to me. So, I present to you the v0.0.1 *ALPHA* release of my full 2K23 "Modern Era" slider set.

Basically EVERYTHING has been tweaked, so I need all the feedback I can get. What did I miss the mark on? What did I get just right? The more I hear from you guys, the better I'm able to tweak this set to the community's liking.

Oh, and uh... Unfortunately this initial update was made with Real Player % in mind. I was constantly playing with new teams throughout my testing so I did not have any time to stop and learn every single player's jumpshot timing... I have no idea how these Shot Success sliders will translate to User Timing, but any of you that refuse to play on Real Player % (trust me, I get it) are more than welcome to test out your own tweaks to shooting and report back here! I THINK I'll be switching to User Timing in the near future, but that will at least have to wait until after I do some more testing and tweaking based off your guys' feedback.

Now that v0.0.1 is finally here, I think I can go ahead and get some sleep. It's 5am and I have a Packer/Viking game to get to in the afternoon, so hopefully I have plenty of feedback to sift through after the game.

Until then, enjoy!
Old 09-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #20
Rookie

Smile Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
MAJOR UPDATE v0.0.1 *ALPHA*!

Well, I thought I was going to be posting my updates in pieces, first focusing on movement, then defense, then tendencies, and finally shooting... BUT I haven't been able to put the game down since Thursday night, nor have I been able to stop my tinkering mind from tweaking every last setting that was available to me. So, I present to you the v0.0.1 *ALPHA* release of my full 2K23 "Modern Era" slider set.

Basically EVERYTHING has been tweaked, so I need all the feedback I can get. What did I miss the mark on? What did I get just right? The more I hear from you guys, the better I'm able to tweak this set to the community's liking.

Oh, and uh... Unfortunately this initial update was made with Real Player % in mind. I was constantly playing with new teams throughout my testing so I did not have any time to stop and learn every single player's jumpshot timing... I have no idea how these Shot Success sliders will translate to User Timing, but any of you that refuse to play on Real Player % (trust me, I get it) are more than welcome to test out your own tweaks to shooting and report back here! I THINK I'll be switching to User Timing in the near future, but that will at least have to wait until after I do some more testing and tweaking based off your guys' feedback.

Now that v0.0.1 is finally here, I think I can go ahead and get some sleep. It's 5am and I have a Packer/Viking game to get to in the afternoon, so hopefully I have plenty of feedback to sift through after the game.

Until then, enjoy!
I'm a Real Player %, no problem for me XD. I will test this afternoon and I give me feedback. You will work in a Kobe Era sliders to? Did you try this ones in Kobe Era?

Thk for your work!!
Old 09-11-2022, 08:24 AM   #21
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aicarg
I'm a Real Player %, no problem for me XD. I will test this afternoon and I give me feedback. You will work in a Kobe Era sliders to? Did you try this ones in Kobe Era?

Thk for your work!!

Haven’t tried it in Kobe’s era, but you’d definitely have to increase the midrange and post tendencies and decrease the 3pt tendency a bit. Other than that, they should be good (assuming the movement and general gameplay is basically the same in all eras outside of rule changes and player/team tendencies… if not, that will be a pain).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2022, 08:39 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Nice! Can’t wait to try the out. Were you able to create a bigger speed gap between players with these movement sliders?

That has been my biggest issue with the game so far this year. Not much separation or space on the fast break because players don’t have much of a speed differential when sprinting.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:55 AM   #23
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Nice! Can’t wait to try the out. Were you able to create a bigger speed gap between players with these movement sliders?

That has been my biggest issue with the game so far this year. Not much separation or space on the fast break because players don’t have much of a speed differential when sprinting.

There’s not much that can be done there IMO because of the way the AI prioritizes getting back after a shot attempt. If you want to score on the fast break reliably, you’ll need to cause turnovers.

These movement sliders give the defensive bigs a chance when rotating to help on the PnR or dribble penetration, while also opening up the iso game and making 1v1 mismatches a joy to take advantage of. Elite dribblers stand out, as do elite defenders, but average dribblers and slower defenders no longer move in that ridiculous slow-mo 2K likes to shoehorn into the game.

Try it out and let me know what you think!
Old 09-11-2022, 09:26 AM   #24
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Getting stone walled on drives. I'm not a god on the sticks and am just starting to get used to the dribble mechanics being vastly different from 2K20 - any slider suggestions for better blowbys with elite players?

Literally every jabstep into drive, or spin move is getting cut off. Shouldn't be seeing that when I'm using MJ driving against lower tier defenders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »