Home

GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-05-2022, 06:13 AM   #233
Rookie

4N63L's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
It's finally here guys. 2021-22 NFL Roster

-Because of renaming players being an absolute nightmare to do in the editor, this file does not have EVERY player renamed/edited.
-Starters and rotational players (Backup QB's too!)
-All teams complete outside of the FA List (next update)

I'm sure I've missed a bunch of players on each team but that's what updates are for. I wouldn't start a franchise just yet unless you're really eager. The FA list is still full of a bunch of 90+ rated players so I want to decrease their OVR's first. Plus every team is like 30+mill under the cap because of how I created this file. There's an easy fix to get at least the star players to have somewhat realistic contracts and I want to get that in in the next update.

A lot of hard work went into this so I hope you guys enjoy!
Thanks for this amazing work. I like 2k4 more than 2k5 and there are not many people who make things for this game.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:59 PM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agreed, this work is amazing and all the more impressive since it's a one-man team!

I've been playing 2K4 on my phone with AetherSX2 (PS2 emulator) and they just added texture dumping/replacement so I've been getting back into the game. I can't find a way to purchase/download the 2k4 editor anywhere, could anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to try updating the Patriots' roster a bit, mostly the equipment that you can't change in-game like turf tape.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:36 AM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for all your efforts here, really loving this to play via PCSX2 as an alternative to 2K5.

I wondered if there was a widescreen patch for this game under PCSX2? I've looked around but can't seem to find anything.

What would be great though, would be doing to 2K4 what the resurrected mod has done to 2K5. I wonder if this is likely as I don't know the level of interest to update the 2K4 game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2022, 10:18 PM   #236
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBuoy
Agreed, this work is amazing and all the more impressive since it's a one-man team!

I've been playing 2K4 on my phone with AetherSX2 (PS2 emulator) and they just added texture dumping/replacement so I've been getting back into the game. I can't find a way to purchase/download the 2k4 editor anywhere, could anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to try updating the Patriots' roster a bit, mostly the equipment that you can't change in-game like turf tape.
The editor is unfortunately behind a paywall and on top of that it isn't in 100% working order. Javo, the creator of the editor (and many others) just spent the past few years working on his own game so a lot of his old editors are unfortunately on the back burner for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffert
Thanks for all your efforts here, really loving this to play via PCSX2 as an alternative to 2K5.

I wondered if there was a widescreen patch for this game under PCSX2? I've looked around but can't seem to find anything.

What would be great though, would be doing to 2K4 what the resurrected mod has done to 2K5. I wonder if this is likely as I don't know the level of interest to update the 2K4 game.
On the 2K5 discord, from what I remember, lostsoul said that texture swaps and all that are possible on 2K4. I think it's just a matter of popularity. 2K5 has such a stranglehold on the sim community.

I do think 2K5 is the better game from a overall standpoint but there's just something about 2K4 that keeps bringing me back. I try to do my part and spread the 2K4 gospel by sharing clips and rosters like this. Maybe one day!
Old 03-21-2022, 01:23 AM   #237
Rookie

OVR: 6

How many seasons can you play using franchise mode in NFL2K4? Thx.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:12 PM   #238
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I have an offseason/draft file in the works. I've been testing out some new formulas for some of my ratings as I'm going thru and re-rating just about everyone, so it's taking a little longer than usual. Lots of advanced stats and other garbage that I just simply love. You guys should see my dork-*** spreadsheet of random numbers. It's a mess haha. Anyways, I'll try to have something out soon for everyone. Offseason moves and round 1 rooks are first up.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:23 AM   #239
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

It's finally here! Updated the first post with the newest roster. 2022-23 Offseason file.

A ton of changes to list:

Re-edited EVERY player (except FA list for now)

As always, all players physical attributes are based on their combine/pro day numbers.
Used a ton of new formulas to get more realistic ratings. I used to use a combo of Madden's ratings and mine but I think the less Madden the better. They tend to overrate a lot of attributes.
Used a lot of advanced stats so some "star" players might not be as good as the numbers indicate. Of course my formulas still need tweaking and stats don't tell the whole story of a player but I think they turned out pretty good.

3-4 vs 4-3

This was a tough choice but I decided to get rid of all the 3-4 playbooks and go with the whole league running 4-3. Why? A few reasons. #1; More diversity. There's only 3 or 4 3-4 playbooks in the game and they're all very similar. Moving to 4-3 opens up play calling a bit. #2; EDGE rushers. It seems like position of "EDGE" came in to popularity the past decade or so and the 2003 3-4 playbooks don't play to their strength. Yes, there's an abundance of blitzes in the 3-4 playbooks but also an abundance of these EDGE players dropping into coverage. Take a player like TJ Watt, he only was targeted in coverage 4 times ALL of last season. It makes more sense to take these EDGE or 3-4 OLB's and move them to their natural position of DE where they will rush the QB every play. So that also means moving 3-4 DE's to DT, 3-4 ILB's to OLB, etc. I tried my best moving these players back to their natural positions but there might be a few players out of position.

Those are the 2 big changes. Of course all the offseason moves, added in a bunch of the rookie class, changed kicking/punting ratings back to a normal scale, changed a bunch of teams playbooks (still a WIP), changed stamina for all players (you should see a lot more rotational subs on the D-Line/WR/RB).

I'm sure I'm missing some things but for now enjoy the file! Let me know if you guys are having any issues with loading any of the files. I know last year my xbox file was a little wonky. Should be good now.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:11 PM   #240
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

#1, I uploaded the wrong files...

#2, PS2 file was corrupted...

All fixed and taken care of now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »