Home

GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-29-2021, 11:44 PM   #209
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

Going to try to have a test file out with a few teams ready to go in the next few days hopefully. 49ers-Chargers
Old 08-31-2021, 08:59 PM   #210
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

The very early WIP test file is ready to go!

-49ers thru Saints.
-As of right now only starters and a few role players are fully completed on each team. Early place holder ratings until I can really dig in.
-Changed playbooks of each team to try and get better gameplay. We'll never get this game to play like the current NFL
-Because I have to circumvent using the editor a lot, renaming players takes way longer so certain players with really long names, Jr's, II's, or even hyphenated names have to be shortened ("N. Suh" for example)

It is a WIP so every aspect of gameplay isn't going to be perfect. Remember 2K4 is reallllllll heavy on the run game so getting realistic run/pass stats are a bit hard. But overall I still think the game plays fun. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by GillBoldberg; 11-15-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:56 PM   #211
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been a bit busy but I'll have a small update up tomorrow. 49ers thru Cowboys. Been having a blast with 2K4. One game I have Baker Mayfield only pass 8 times all game and another I have Mahomes attempt 50 passes. Really strange and weird but I'm loving it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 01:28 PM   #212
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Updated the WIP file. 49ers-Cowboys
Old 09-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #213
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Sorry for the lack of updates. Been a bit busy but I'll have a small update up tomorrow. 49ers thru Cowboys. Been having a blast with 2K4. One game I have Baker Mayfield only pass 8 times all game and another I have Mahomes attempt 50 passes. Really strange and weird but I'm loving it
This is so great coming from such a big name in NFL2K roster editing. What are the big differences for you with respect to gameplay and presentation between 2K4 and 2K5. Did you go to 2K4 just for a change of pace like all of us who have been playing it for 16 years or is there something more that drew you to it?
Old 09-12-2021, 10:49 AM   #214
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I remember playing 2K4 back in the day but didn't really remember much about it. But going back to it a few years ago it really opened my eyes on how great of a game it is and how overlooked it is. Initially yeah, I just needed a change of pace from 2K5 but the more I played 2K4 the more I noticed how different it was from 2K5 while still feeling super familiar.

To keep it short:

-Different animations. I've seen sideline catches, qb sack avoidances, aggressive one handed catches, gang tackles and even more that I've never or rarely seen in 2K5
-Better CPU QB play (QB's actually scramble!)
-No locomotion (the whole foot planting engine from 2K5) so you can change direction on a dime so it feels a little more arcadey but it's so much fun to run and juke
-Harder hits! DB's and LB's will actually lay the lumber and fold you up like a lawn chair lol
-More penalties. I've even seen late hit penalties!
-It is a super run heavy game so it's rarer to see 25+ pass attempts from CPU QB's
-AI play calling late game is a little weak. Running when they should be passing, bad time management, etc.
-Kickers rarely kick 50+ yd field goals (trying to remedy this with some ratings changes)

Now the game isn't perfect but at the end of the day I'm just looking for a fun NFL game and 2K4 fits that bill. I still love 2K5 but 2K4 has definitely edged it out in gameplay at least IMO. If you're on the 2K5 discord I've been posting a bunch of highlight clips from 2K4 over there to try and spread the word lol!
Old 09-12-2021, 10:55 AM   #215
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I remember playing 2K4 back in the day but didn't really remember much about it. But going back to it a few years ago it really opened my eyes on how great of a game it is and how overlooked it is. Initially yeah, I just needed a change of pace from 2K5 but the more I played 2K4 the more I noticed how different it was from 2K5 while still feeling super familiar.

To keep it short:

-Different animations. I've seen sideline catches, qb sack avoidances, aggressive one handed catches, gang tackles and even more that I've never or rarely seen in 2K5
-Better CPU QB play (QB's actually scramble!)
-No locomotion (the whole foot planting engine from 2K5) so you can change direction on a dime so it feels a little more arcadey but it's so much fun to run and juke
-Harder hits! DB's and LB's will actually lay the lumber and fold you up like a lawn chair lol
-More penalties. I've even seen late hit penalties!
-It is a super run heavy game so it's rarer to see 25+ pass attempts from CPU QB's
-AI play calling late game is a little weak. Running when they should be passing, bad time management, etc.
-Kickers rarely kick 50+ yd field goals (trying to remedy this with some ratings changes)

Now the game isn't perfect but at the end of the day I'm just looking for a fun NFL game and 2K4 fits that bill. I still love 2K5 but 2K4 has definitely edged it out in gameplay at least IMO. If you're on the 2K5 discord I've been posting a bunch of highlight clips from 2K4 over there to try and spread the word lol!
2K5 discord?!?! I didn't know there was such a thing!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #216
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Yeah! Come and join us

https://discord.gg/kCjwgNt6

Everyone is welcome

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »