Home

Initial roster tweak

This is a discussion on Initial roster tweak within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Initial roster tweak

Here's the initial roster tweak I mentioned in the other thread. Accompanying sliders are included. 9 minute periods. Performance EQ on. Multiple Hot Routes on. No depth chart changes were made. Play during franchise/season mode only. In-game gameplay guidelines that I always use are also attached. All feedback gladly welcomed. Thanks to all the usual suspects!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s ESPN Game Play Guidelines.JPG (77.9 KB, 890 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_07preseaso.zip (263.8 KB, 118 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_DFBsimV1.zip (9.2 KB, 64 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Initial roster tweak

Daflyboys,

Any feeling on how these would hold up in coach mode? I am going to take them for a spin soon...

C
Old 06-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Daflyboys,

Any feeling on how these would hold up in coach mode? I am going to take them for a spin soon...

C
No idea. I guess if the game starts acting sensitive to the pre-game coaching tendencies, it would be great. Let us know.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
No idea. I guess if the game starts acting sensitive to the pre-game coaching tendencies, it would be great. Let us know.
It's looking like the sliders really need to be heavy offense and near 0 for defense for COACH only. Played Miami and Jets. 3-0 into 3rd quarter. Most were 3 and out drives...lots of punts. Final was 14-6 Miami.

I am going to play a few more games in Coach mode and see how it goes.

C
Old 06-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Not a big coach mode guy, capa, so not sure what to say other than follow your instincts. Would also like to know if the pre-game adjustments had any effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Not sure if you're aware of this but there's two Peyton Manning's, two Carson Palmer's, etc. in your pre-season roster file.

Also, when I looked over my 49ers, I noticed that CB Tarell Brown has no first name listed. I edited him using that pop up list and noticed that for some odd reason, the teams themselves are listed in that pop up list. For example, the first name that appears in that pop list list is "49ers". They shouldnt be there.

Dude, what the hell did you do???

*puzzled and confused after looking over roster file*
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Hehe.... I know why you're confused Dan. This is tboneking's import from puja's franchise file. The question with this file is how does it play in-game. I wasn't really interested in 100% roster accuracy as depth charts, final cuts, etc. are a while away.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

i think if i remember correctly, the guy who made this file was concerned by the import warning that says something like "there are extra players on one team," so he cut/signed players in the default roster before importing to make the roster counts match. prob cut palmer & manning from the default colts & bengals (since these QBs wouldve been sorted to the top by their high OVR rating)... then added them again during import

the import tool prob causes the team names to appear in the name DB list. remember finn never finished it-- it was left in by accident then he didnt have the heart to pull it out once he saw people were using it anyway. i dont have an explanation for tarell brown, though i have seen that bug in other files floating around the web

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »