Home

Initial roster tweak

This is a discussion on Initial roster tweak within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #81
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Initial roster tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboneking
so Puja, how is your roster going along?
I'm curious as to if the current salaries or something similar to them will be in the roster update. If not, it's not that big a deal to me, but I'm just a bit curious. And, if you need me to, I can pretty much give you a 53-man roster for the Saints' for opening night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
Dan, do you take into account gameplay flaws in your rosters like puja kinda does with DBs?

Also, general question, I've noticed some saves are franchise saves and not roster saves. When you load it, I assume it takes you to the franchise window. What is the benefit of this? Is the schedule 07-08 accurate? Do you control all teams? If so, can you change that in-franchise to control just one team?
I have my own global edit and personal edit setup that is pretty much the same as what I used in my 2k6 roster. You should download that one for now and play a few games with it to see if you like it. Gameplay wise, the only thing that bugs me is that its easy for me to get sacks. Otherwise, I dont have any problems. A lot of people talk about getting a lot of INT's but I usually average one or so a game defensively which is realistic. Some teams dont get a lot of INT's because their CB's and / or Safeties suck compared to other teams. I will say this though, I have all DB's (CB, SS and FS) globally edited at 40 for catching and secure ball because quite honestly, I hate it when I or the CPU should have an easy INT but then drops the ball. That drove me nuts but with my setup, it rarely happens. As for the human player, I will throw a high amount of INT's in a season but that's because I prefer passing over running especially if my QB / WR combo is awesome compared to my RB. Just try out my old roster if you want to check out how it plays.

I know some people have also complained about the lack of Yards After the Catch (YAC) but I think that has to do more with who you're playing with and who the QB / WR's are as well as who your playing against. Using my 2k6 roster file, I remember playing with the Colts against the Browns and I passed for over 500 yards and like 8 or so TD's with Manning. Manning, Harrison and Wayne were pretty much unstoppable. But when I played against the Patriots, it was a struggle that I think I lost if I remember correctly. I think it has more to do with the team you're playing with, who's on your team and what team you're playing against and who's on their team defensively.

The franchise files usually already have the schedule, correct NFL salary cap and other stuff already in place so the user doesnt have to do it. I'll be posting a roster and franchise file in September that already has everything in place.

And yes, it's usually setup to where all 32 teams are user controlled but that can be changed at will.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I'm curious as to if the current salaries or something similar to them will be in the roster update. If not, it's not that big a deal to me, but I'm just a bit curious. And, if you need me to, I can pretty much give you a 53-man roster for the Saints' for opening night.
Highly unlikely since Finn himself said that the salary setup in his editor has problems with it. The NFL salary cap should be accurate though.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #84
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733

Hope this helps.
Yes, it does. Thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Highly unlikely since Finn himself said that the salary setup in his editor has problems with it. The NFL salary cap should be accurate though.
yeah, i think that's pretty accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #86
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Still messing around with a pre-season set and a few minor slider tweaks. Just had a great game with KC vs. BAL (cpu). It was nice to be able to go to Priest again, but used him very sparingly, though he came up big in the right situations (4 carries for 30 yards). Game at BAL in the rain. Was good to see the fumble slider helping make conditions realistic again. 14-10 KC half time lead and 20-13 final (9 min. Q's). Real nice battle. Here's the stats:

KC:
Huard: 10/24 for 186 and 2 TD's/0 INT's (62 long)

Johnson: 20/89

Bowe: 1/62 (TD)
Webb: 1/16 (TD)
Kennison: 2/39 (dropped a long one that would have iced it earlier)
Gonzo: 5/66

DEF: 1 sack; 1 FR

BAL:
McNair: 16/26 (62%) for 173 and 1 TD/0 INT's (59 long) -hit 6 diff. rec's overall!

McGahee: 27/94

Clayton: 4/38
Heap: 4/49
Williams: 2/61 (TD)

DEF: 3 sacks

Both K's were 2/2; Medlock 51 long and Stover 36 long

Getting psyched to get a good roster set going and the new schedule!!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:34 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1

im new to the board and i gotta say that I appreciate the sliders and rosters thus far. everything looks awesome and i cant wait to get my AR and for the updated rosters so I can continue on playing the best football game ever made. thanks for hooking us up guys cause god knows I wouldn't know how to do any of this **** (computer illiterate=me)
Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeyroad920
im new to the board and i gotta say that I appreciate the sliders and rosters thus far. everything looks awesome and i cant wait to get my AR and for the updated rosters so I can continue on playing the best football game ever made. thanks for hooking us up guys cause god knows I wouldn't know how to do any of this **** (computer illiterate=me)
yeah these guys work hard to keep this game going alive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »