Home

Initial roster tweak

This is a discussion on Initial roster tweak within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Initial roster tweak

Thanks for the compliment puja21.

And as of right now, im 90% sure that im going to eliminate Falcons QB Michael Vick from my 2k8 roster as his lawyers are already talking with federal authorities about a plea bargin in which he would give up people for less time. He's expected to accept a deal that will carry a 6 year prison sentence. Compared to the possibility of spending 27 years in prison, I would say that 6 years is pretty damn good all things considered.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 20

not sure vick is even news anymore but i think latest report was 1 year jail time, hefty fine, & probation w/ his lawyers fighting for "less than a year"

actually, in hindsight-- who cares?

vick's obviously not going to be on the field anytime soon, so it's really just annoying that a really unique & fun player to watch ruined it for the rest of us.

aside from that i couldn't care less
Old 08-15-2007, 01:18 AM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
not sure vick is even news anymore but i think latest report was 1 year jail time, hefty fine, & probation w/ his lawyers fighting for "less than a year"

actually, in hindsight-- who cares?

vick's obviously not going to be on the field anytime soon, so it's really just annoying that a really unique & fun player to watch ruined it for the rest of us.

aside from that i couldn't care less
I read that "one year" thing but I seriously doubt that will happen. If anything, Vick being gone is better for us because we dont have to worry about getting the CPU to run with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #76
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I read that "one year" thing but I seriously doubt that will happen. If anything, Vick being gone is better for us because we dont have to worry about getting the CPU to run with him.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #77
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

This may be a stupid question, I'm a noob to rosters though. I downloaded this last night and opened it in Finn's editor and there were tons of people listed as free agents...yet also on their respective teams, such as Peyton Mannning. Can someone explain that to me?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #78
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I think I mentioned this earlier, but they're basically a re-do of a re-do, so don't look at these for accuracy, but moreso of trying out the gameplay (with the accompanying sliders).
Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #79
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Exactly. Besides, if every roster had the same edits and whatnot, there would be no point in other people making rosters. Everyone has their own setup and preference which is what makes all the rosters good to begin with. No two rosters are identical which gives everyone more options in regards to what roster they prefer and want to play with.
Dan, do you take into account gameplay flaws in your rosters like puja kinda does with DBs?

Also, general question, I've noticed some saves are franchise saves and not roster saves. When you load it, I assume it takes you to the franchise window. What is the benefit of this? Is the schedule 07-08 accurate? Do you control all teams? If so, can you change that in-franchise to control just one team?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

so Puja, how is your roster going along?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »