Home

Initial roster tweak

This is a discussion on Initial roster tweak within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Initial roster tweak

one other thing ringo:

the help section built into Finn's editor specifically covers the renaming issue you are describing in detail as well... so just check there first. Finn definitely explains why in some cases when you edit a single name, other players of the same last name change also. He also explains how to edit a player's name w/o this happening to you.

good luck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks Puja21. I have read the "tips to roster makers" and the "play by play" threads you authored. I've also read the help in the editor. The reason I've been wondering about tweaks and naming and all, is I was hoping to get a good enough grasp on all this so I could help with the roster creation process. Here's the example I was having trouble with understanding. I was using the roster that daflyboys posted with this thread. On the Cowboys it has Tony Parrish at SS. I wanted to edit and put in Abram Elam. Abram as a name does not exist in the editor. So I typed his name into the field. When I did that, everyone with the name Tony was renamed Abram. Elam was easy because of ole thunderfoot Jason Elam. The only way I could figure out how to make him was to go into the game on the xbox, change the first name and then go back into the editor. I was also changing the years of NFL experience to be accurate. I didn't plan on releasing this or anything, I just wanted to know how to do it and get it right. Maybe I'm just over my head here. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Thanks Puja21. I have read the "tips to roster makers" and the "play by play" threads you authored. I've also read the help in the editor. The reason I've been wondering about tweaks and naming and all, is I was hoping to get a good enough grasp on all this so I could help with the roster creation process. Here's the example I was having trouble with understanding. I was using the roster that daflyboys posted with this thread. On the Cowboys it has Tony Parrish at SS. I wanted to edit and put in Abram Elam. Abram as a name does not exist in the editor. So I typed his name into the field. When I did that, everyone with the name Tony was renamed Abram. Elam was easy because of ole thunderfoot Jason Elam. The only way I could figure out how to make him was to go into the game on the xbox, change the first name and then go back into the editor. I was also changing the years of NFL experience to be accurate. I didn't plan on releasing this or anything, I just wanted to know how to do it and get it right. Maybe I'm just over my head here. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here.
I dont know what you did to get everyone named Tony to Abram but im the process of creating my 2k7 roster update and I have already created 180 players using the renaming process in Finn's editor. I have QB, RB, FB, WR and TE finished. Thus far, I havent had any problems.

The only thing that I can think of is that after you typed in the name, you pointed the name to an existing name instead of overwriting the name. For example, when I create players with names that are already in the roster file that im using to update my roster (im using VC's final roster update and basically doing two years worth of work from scratch), a pop up appears asking me if I want to point to the existing name or if I want to overwrite the name.

I always choose "no" which overwrites the name. For example, I edited QB Tim Couch into 49ers QB Alex Smith. By choosing no, Tim Couch no longer exists. And yeah, im aware that the Jaguars signed Couch after a three year retirement. I dont see him making it past final cuts though.

Hope this somewhat helps. And dont worry, you didnt ruffle any feathers. Puja21 and everyone else here is cool. Just read the topics that you think can help you and experiment with Finn's editor on your own using rosters that arent meant to be used to play with. Basically, dummy rosters.

You'll learn. I did as did everyone else. It just takes time and patience.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #28
Rookie

Thanks Dan77733. Would it be to much trouble to ask you for the original roster update your using as a base. I never had xbox live to get it from. If you don't have it thats ok, I could just start with the defaults on the game itself.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Thanks Dan77733. Would it be to much trouble to ask you for the original roster update your using as a base. I never had xbox live to get it from. If you don't have it thats ok, I could just start with the defaults on the game itself.
Go here -

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...=188058&page=2

You can download VC's final (1/7/2005) roster update as is. I'm using it as my base roster and am about half way finished with my 2k7 roster. I have QB, RB, FB, WR, TE and C 100% finished. I already started OG's and hope to have that position and OT's done within the next two days.

In case you're wondering why I said "2k7" instead of 2k8, it's because its based on last season's rosters. I wanted to play with several teams from last season but never had the time to finish the roster and then my Xbox messed up on me and I had to buy a new one off ebay. I started creating my 2k7 roster update two weeks ago from today and am making great progress.

I'm not going to be posting it as it's going to be updated once final cuts are made for the upcoming season. Basically, im doing two-thirds of the work now (im basically three seasons behind) so I can play with several teams and then use it as my base for my 2k8 roster which will be based on final cuts.

Once final cuts are made, all I'll have to do is create the 2007 draft class (Russell, Quinn, Johnson, etc.) and any missing players (mostly undrafted rookies) that happen to make it past final cuts. When I finish my 2k8 roster, I'll be posting it here at OS for everyone to download and play with.

I use global edits and have my own "edit" setup that I like to call - "dan edits". I also have something that im testing out using the "consistency" attribute. I also have my own rookie rating setup for all drafted rookies as well as undrafted rookies. This rookie setup is also being used for the rookies that were drafted since 2004. Since 2k5 was the finale, I decided to use my rookie setup starting with the 2004 draft class (Manning, Rivers, etc.).

I'm also going to be using that "Large Attribute" option in Finn's editor but it's only for two players but im not going to mention who the two players are. I have so much stuff planned and that im currently working on with my 2k7/2k8 roster update that im hoping that I dont forget anything. LOL.

And to daflyboys.....

I just want to apologize to you for taking this topic in another direction. Sorry about that.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Maybe I'm just over my head here. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here.
dont worry about asking questions-- you shouldnt come away w/ the impression that you are "new" or something. we are all just strangers posting messages.

no worries
Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #31
Rookie

i've really got this tweak thing down too, but i have one question,

should the DB's and LB's tackling get an increase of 25 percent?

just so it would look like they hit harder, Real Hard!

oh yeah, and i was wondering what does the composure rating do to other players like DB's and Running backs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #32
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboneking
i've really got this tweak thing down too, but i have one question,

should the DB's and LB's tackling get an increase of 25 percent?

just so it would look like they hit harder, Real Hard!

oh yeah, and i was wondering what does the composure rating do to other players like DB's and Running backs.
Yo, Dan do you plan on sharing your roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »