Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-30-2006, 01:22 AM   #65
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 02:37 AM   #66
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Seahawks: Lofa Tatupa should be Lofa Tatupu

Bears: Adrien Peterson should be Adrian Peterson

Maybe it would be easier if Rickster just removed his markers from the file. Convince used Rickster's rosters as a base, and Convince's has these same spelling errors.

Xrob already did that and he did post such a file, its pretty good actually and its available if you want to check it out, I believe its in the same thread as Convinces roster.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-30-2006, 02:54 AM   #67
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
It was this quote on page 4 by Rickster that made me think that:

"You can edit the file for your own personal use as I've read others have already started you can try em' out and see if you like those but for now no editing or re-editing is being done to ratings only uniform numbers and "Key Primary" personal concerning the rosters."

If the vets have updated stats, great. If not, they most definately should.

In all likely hood most guys will probably DL the base roster and from there add or alter the rosters to fit their play styles or preferences as they see them, I myself wouldn't know exactly how the rookie or vet players will play out this season and the best that one could do is set them to whatever they precieve to be an actual edit that reflects that player as they see him and thats ok because most guys know their teams and personal better then most who don't really follow them all and we've set these so that if you want to that can happen or you can use the one already set-up that we've placed in them.

Thers no rule or law saying you can't adjust them if you feel they should be more or less its up to you we've only produced a roster thats a "Base" roster to start out with and has most key personel as close as we could get and then some, I don't know why matthewk constantly has negative comments most of the time directed towards me but you're more then welcome to edit the roster anyway you like its nothing set in stone and is only here for the enjoyment of this site and its members so why be so negative and personally call me out I've only worked on this project for the sole purpose of producing a viable roster to share with the Community and thats a good thing.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-30-2006, 02:58 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

I'm not calling you out, Rick, I was just wondering if the vets stats had been updated in this new roster. Perhaps that would be a new thing to do for the community roster--everyone take their team and make the player attributes as accurate as possible. So long as we double check and make sure people are working towards the most realistic representation possible, we can make the rosters better reflect 2k7. I like what you guys have done with the rookies, I just worry that if the vets aren't updated, they'll play under performance and these new guys will come to dominate.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:00 AM   #69
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen1
Dumb Question..... These these updated zip files only for the XBOX or can these be used on the Playstation 2 as well. I have a Max drive for the PS2. Please let me know. If not, I may have to pickup a Xbox to play the updates.
Thanks for giving new life in the the greatest football alive.

Thanx for the kind words newgen1, sorry to say however that these are for the original Xbox so you may want to think about making that purpose!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-30-2006, 03:10 AM   #70
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
I'm not calling you out, Rick, I was just wondering if the vets stats had been updated in this new roster. Perhaps that would be a new thing to do for the community roster--everyone take their team and make the player attributes as accurate as possible. So long as we double check and make sure people are working towards the most realistic representation possible, we can make the rosters better reflect 2k7. I like what you guys have done with the rookies, I just worry that if the vets aren't updated, they'll play under performance and these new guys will come to dominate.

No thats not what I ment it wasn't you calling me out, the edits for the vets were updated as the last step to round them out by Flipmo and we check them over as the whole "Crew" contributed to the roster.

We're not claiming them to be the only edits available we just used a certain set of "Standards" to keep everyone consistent with the data we used in the Draft Analysis and came up with a formula that yield the results you're seeing in them now which does work well within the game and its gameplay.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-30-2006, 03:14 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh, great! So the stats for the vets are updated then to reflect their performance last year? Then this roster should be fantastic. Maybe a little tinkering with global edits, but like you say, to each his own. Thanks a lot Rick and everyone involved with this great project!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 03:37 AM   #72
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Oh, great! So the stats for the vets are updated then to reflect their performance last year? Then this roster should be fantastic. Maybe a little tinkering with global edits, but like you say, to each his own. Thanks a lot Rick and everyone involved with this great project!

Well lets say this...the stats that these vets generate should be close and to be honest theres no guarantee that any roster simulated will produce those exact numbers but there is one roster that is very very close to simulating numbers reflecting this past seasons stats and that would be my very own 2K6 roster that I know has and does produce those kind of numbers from a statistical point of view.

But these are not those rosters and weren't used as this rosters base, they are however very balanced and nothing edit wise is over the top or should be based so low that any player in here would not be able to perform with realistic results.

Plus long as theres a way to edit them and one is available we should all be in great shape, we have access to that statistical data and who knows its still early in the off-season so we'll see what comes up after camps turnout and more is known in the up and coming months as of now its really to early to actually say whats going to happen but these edits are good and do work for rookies and the vets!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »