Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2006, 05:43 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Thats exactly the reason why we didn't add player photos as the case has always been using your editor its quite simple matthewk....we can't and didn't, we realized a long time ago the editors limitations and complied this roster with that inmind.

Like Finn has just stated guys its like that for the very reasons he's just pointed out and so far we haven't seen anything thats effected the rosters as far as how they play, photos are just that "Photos" and do not have any effect what-so-ever concerning "Gameplay" or the rosters presentation as a 2K7 update, we've all seen photos shown as being blacked out even from VC themselves and this is nothing different as a matter of fact this roster is better in almost all aspects since they haven't done one in what seems like forever so we're all proud of this roster despite the fact it doesn't include certain photos its still the best out here on the net.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
A simple "no" would have been sufficed.

I know that you cannot add new photos to the game. I used Finn's editor a lot last year when making my own "2k6" rosters. I was just wondering if suggestions were welcome for having others find the closest match for a player and pass the info along.

BTW, saying the players names doesn't affect gameplay either, but Flipmo was kind enough to change those for us.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
A simple "no" would have been sufficed.

I know that you cannot add new photos to the game. I used Finn's editor a lot last year when making my own "2k6" rosters. I was just wondering if suggestions were welcome for having others find the closest match for a player and pass the info along.

BTW, saying the players names doesn't affect gameplay either, but Flipmo was kind enough to change those for us.
Alright guys, let's leave it at that. Let's play the game lol. But please, let us know if there are any names that are wrong, or if there's some names that aren't being said by the announcer that are in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks alot man, and enjoy the roster. Again, please let us know if there are any issues with names, appearances (i.e. if a black guy is white there is a problem lol).

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-29-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

Seahawks: Lofa Tatupa should be Lofa Tatupu

Bears: Adrien Peterson should be Adrian Peterson

Maybe it would be easier if Rickster just removed his markers from the file. Convince used Rickster's rosters as a base, and Convince's has these same spelling errors.

Last edited by matthewk; 05-29-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

X

Last edited by Steve_OS; 05-29-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

OK, so that guy is a huge idiot. Whatever. Did I get it right that you guys haven't changed the ratings for veteran players? How can that be? There should be a drastic reallocation on some players who had breakout seasons (Steve Smith comes to mind). If you did change them and I misunderstood, my apologies. I just thought I saw that you hadn't.

On another note, great job with these rosters. Is someone going to be global editing them who was part of the team, or are you looking for someone in the community to give it a try? I'm definately willing if no one within the team feels like doing it.

Off topic, is anyone going to try out NFL Head Coach when it comes out? I will personally never play Madden again, but I think this new game has the possibility to take the one area where Madden really shines (franchise) and spin it off into a much better game that eliminates a lot of the goofiness and cheese. Plus voice control is a pretty cool feature.

Peace

nflchampion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2006, 08:52 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
OK, so that guy is a huge idiot. Whatever. Did I get it right that you guys haven't changed the ratings for veteran players? How can that be? There should be a drastic reallocation on some players who had breakout seasons (Steve Smith comes to mind). If you did change them and I misunderstood, my apologies. I just thought I saw that you hadn't.

On another note, great job with these rosters. Is someone going to be global editing them who was part of the team, or are you looking for someone in the community to give it a try? I'm definately willing if no one within the team feels like doing it.

Off topic, is anyone going to try out NFL Head Coach when it comes out? I will personally never play Madden again, but I think this new game has the possibility to take the one area where Madden really shines (franchise) and spin it off into a much better game that eliminates a lot of the goofiness and cheese. Plus voice control is a pretty cool feature.

Peace

nflchampion
I think you have misunderstood. This is a quote from Flipmo23 from the first page:

-The most major change for the veterans ratings-wise was in their impact on the game via the leadership ratings. Not sure why people seem to overlook this rating, but it is very important as far as CPU play goes, as well as Human games. Leadership effects everyone on the team, so a team with a lot of high rated leadership players will perform better than their “rating”. Look across the league for your favorite impact players. Guys like Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, even the Safeties such as Rodney Harrison and Ed Reed etc. These guys are players that are the leaders of their team, and this roster will reflect that. I am sure that you will notice the difference in your team’s play when they are hurt. Basically, the anchors of every team’s offense and defense have been given high leadership/composure ratings. It’s a move that will affect the game much more than you think. Also, players that had the best seasons of their career i.e. Tiki Barber have been boosted a bit. Also, in Barber’s case, his secure ball was increased as he has changed the way he holds the ball now, which apparently resulted in less fumbles.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

It was this quote on page 4 by Rickster that made me think that:

"You can edit the file for your own personal use as I've read others have already started you can try em' out and see if you like those but for now no editing or re-editing is being done to ratings only uniform numbers and "Key Primary" personal concerning the rosters."

If the vets have updated stats, great. If not, they most definately should.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:10 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Dumb Question..... These these updated zip files only for the XBOX or can these be used on the Playstation 2 as well. I have a Max drive for the PS2. Please let me know. If not, I may have to pickup a Xbox to play the updates.
Thanks for giving new life in the the greatest football alive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »