Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

Well, the roster is finally done. We began this gargantuan project on 4/30/06, and here we are, roughly a month later with the finished product. The very first thing I want to do is thank Mjortman, Rickster, and Flyboy for their incredible efforts in making this a reality. I will admit, when I first posted the idea for a Community thread, I didn’t think there was enough activity on this board to make it happen, but I am glad that I was wrong.

First, I would like to thank Mjortman for his help, and really, for taking it into his hands when I was not able to continue that final division. Same goes for Rickster. Mjortman, you have been great throughout, and were very key in some of the ideas surrounding this roster. It takes an ESPN2K5 diehard to work on a roster file even when it’s his anniversary lol.

Rickster101, for his die-hard love of this game, and really, for perfection throughout. From start to finish, this guy would not let anyone breathe, and though at times he sounded a bit harsh, it all came from his love of the game. This guy is the real deal folks, if anything should prove to you that this roster file is legit, Rickster’s involvement alone should do just that. I know sometimes you feel like your work goes underappreciated, but this is your time to shine Rickster, we could not have done this without you.

Flyboy, for being among the first to volunteer when he really didn’t know the Ins and Outs of the Editor. He was willing to learn, and to ask questions, and in the end, he was a big contributor. Thanks a lot Flyboy, and I know you’re going to go crazy over the fact that Bush is an 89 and not 100, but hey, there was a formula we had to follow lol.

To Candyman, Slapnutz, and Jwzzr, who all contributed to the original Base file we used for this. And especially Slapnutz for assembling that free agent thread, which was very helpful. Also, a special thanks to Tpaterniti for his chart regarding the 40-times and how they convert to speed ratings in the game. Also to Xrob for working with the team accessories for the players and for some roster work. Thanks to all.

And lastly, to all you guys, who have been so critical yet supportive throughout. When I first registered here, I could not believe that so many people were still playing this great game. Thanks to all of you guys for not switching over to EA and instead keeping this great game alive.

With that said, here’s an outline of the project from start to finish, just for the sake of this being the last official thread pertaining to the community roster:

THE METHOD:

Basically, the rookies ratings are based solely off the ratings on the NFL Draft Analyzer website. We had a formula for how we were going to convert those ratings into the game. After all were created, we rounded out their ratings. The point here is that no rookie is faster than he should be, or more agile than he should be, etc. The ratings are concretely based on their scouting report “ratings”. For more on the method to this project’s madness, check out the Community Draft Thread, as well as the original thread where this roster was conceived. I cannot stress just how much work went into the this, especially with the rookies. It's way, way too much to post here, so both are linked below:

Community Draft Thread

Original Thread

WHAT YOU’RE GETTING:

There’s a lot more to this roster than just rookies. This roster has all the depth charts updated ala ourlads.com. As far as what was done, there was a bunch of stuff:

-Rookies created and put on their respective teams
-Depth Charts for each team updated, with Free Agents included
-Veteran player edits. Basically, the great players are rated high, and the bad players, well, low. I.e. Brady and Manning are 100, as are Urlacher and Lewis. But a RB such as Kevin Barlow is no longer in the mid-80s. Sorry Dan lol.
-The most major change for the veterans ratings-wise was in their impact on the game via the leadership ratings. Not sure why people seem to overlook this rating, but it is very important as far as CPU play goes, as well as Human games. Leadership effects everyone on the team, so a team with a lot of high rated leadership players will perform better than their “rating”. Look across the league for your favorite impact players. Guys like Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, even the Safeties such as Rodney Harrison and Ed Reed etc. These guys are players that are the leaders of their team, and this roster will reflect that. I am sure that you will notice the difference in your team’s play when they are hurt. Basically, the anchors of every team’s offense and defense have been given high leadership/composure ratings. It’s a move that will affect the game much more than you think. Also, players that had the best seasons of their career i.e. Tiki Barber have been boosted a bit. Also, in Barber’s case, his secure ball was increased as he has changed the way he holds the ball now, which apparently resulted in less fumbles.
-For the rookies, some of you may have noticed that many players in this year’s draft may be playing radically different positions than what they played in college. We’ve tried to reflect that in this roster. You’ll see a lot of players that can play a bunch of positions, so even though some of you Marcus Vick fans hate the fact that he is rated so low, you may want to try him out at WR (as the Dolphins may do) and see what you get. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Same goes for the WR’s that played QB in college, etc players that don’t have a definite position in the NFL.
-This roster is very franchise-oriented. You may disagree with some of the overall ratings, but please make sure to check out the individual player ratings. A player can be rated in the 70s with ratings of a 100 rated player. With many of these rookies, consistency is the main barrier. I’ve simulated a bunch of seasons with this roster, and the rookies develop nicely. I would recommend playing with Weekly Preps if you can to get the most out of this roster. Either way, it should be fun regardless. We tried to find the middle ground for everyone to enjoy this roster, whether it be a franchise, or just a quick game.
-Top players at each position were edited. You’ll see the true lockdown corners (though there are few of them) rated high. So a Champ Bailey/Chris McAlister will be rated in the mid-90s, though these superstar level players are rare.
-Tried to get as many of the possible play by play names correct.
-A bunch of other things that do not come to mind, let me stop ranting, on to the next part, the rooks!

***FINAL LIST OF ROOKIES INCLUDED IN
ROSTER

NFC EAST:

NYG

WR Sinorice Moss
DE Mathias Kiwanuka
DT Barry Cofield
OLB Gerris Wilkinson

PHI

OT Winston Justice
DT Brodrick Bunkley
OLB Chris Gocong
OG Max Jean-Gilles
WR Jason Avant

DAL

TE Anthony Fasano
DE Jason Hatcher
WR Skyler Green
FS Pat Watkins
DT Montavious Stanley
OLB Bobby Carpenter

WAS

OLB Roger 'Rocky' McIntosh

NFC SOUTH:

TB

QB Brad Gradkowski
WR Maurice Stovall
G David Joseph
T Jeremy Trueblood
CB Alan Zemaitis

ATL

WR Adam Jennings
RB Jerious Norwood
CB Jimmy Williams
T Quinn Ojinnaka

NO

WR Mike Hass
T Jahri Evans
RB Reggie Bush
DE Rob Ninkovich
CB Josh Lay
FS Roman Harper

CAR

T Rashad Butler
RB DeAngelo Williams
CB Rashad Marshall
FS Nate Salley
OLB James Anderson

AFC NORTH:

PIT

WR Santonio Holmes
WR Willie Reid
TE David Charles
QB Omar Jacobs
RB Cedric Humes
DT Orien Harris
FS Anthony Smith

CLE

WR Travis Wilson
G Issac Sowells
FB Lawrence Vickers
ILB Leon Williams
ILB D'Quell Jackson
OLB Kamerion Wimbley
CB DeMario Minter
DT Oshinowo Babatunde

CIN

T Andrew Whitworth
DE Frostee Ruckster
OLB A.J. Nicholson
CB Jonathan Joseph
QB Reggie McNeal

BAL

RB Paris Daniels
WR Demetrius Williams
TE Quinn Sypnewski
C Chris Chester
DT Haloti Ngata
CB Derrick Martin
OLB Ryan LaCasse
CB David Pittman
FS Dawan Landry

NFC WEST:

ARZ

QB Matt Leinart
G Duece Lutui
TE Leonard Pope
DT Gabriel Watson
OLB Brandon Johnson
DT Jonathan Lewis

STL

CB Tye Hill
TE Joe Klopfenstein
DT Claude Wroten
OLB Jon Alston
TE Dominique Byrd
DE Victor Adeyanju
WR Marques Hagan
G Mark Setterstrom

SF

TE Vernon Davis
OLB Manny Lawson
WR Brandon Williams
RB Michael Robinson
DE Parys Haralson
FS Marcus Hudson
DE Melvin Oliver

SEA

CB Kelly Jennings
DE Darryl Tapp
G Rob Sims

AFC SOUTH:

IND

RB Joseph Addai
CB Tim Jennings
ILB Freddie Keiaho
T Michael Toudouze
T Charlie Johnson
FS Antoine Bethea

JAX

TE Marcedes Lewis
RB Maurice Drew
OLB Clint Ingram
DE Brent Hawkins
DE James Wyche
CB Demetrice Webb

HOU

DE Mario Williams
OLB DeMeco Ryans
T Charles Spencer
T Eric Winston
TE Owen Daniels
WR David Anderson

TEN

QB Vince Young
RB LenDale White
SS Calvin Lowry
ILB Stephen Tulloch
OLB Terna Nande
DT Jesse Mahelona
FS Cortland Finnegan

AFC EAST:

MIA

WR Devin Aromashodu
WR Derek Haggan
T Joe Toledo
T Rod Wright
FS Jason Allen

NE

RB Laurence Maroney RB
WR Chad Jackson WR
TE David Thomas TE
T Ryan O'Callghan T

NYJ

QB Kellen Clemens
RB Leon Washigton
C Nick Mangold
T D'Brickashaw Ferguson
ILB Anthony Schlegel
SS Eric Smith

BUF

DT John McCargo
CB Ashton Youboty
SS Donte Whitner
FS Ko Simpson
T Brad Butler *in FA due to roster space
DT Kyle Williams *in FA due to roster space

AFC WEST:

DEN

QB Jay Culter
WR Brandon Marshall
TE Tony Schieffler
C Greg Eslinger

KC

G Tre' Stallings
QB Brodie Croyle
DE Tamba Hali
SS Bernard Pollard

OAK

T Paul McQuistan
OLB/SS Darnell Bing *In F/A Due to Roster Space
OLB Thomas Howard
FS Michael Huff

SD

QB Charlie Whitehurst
T Marcus McNeill
G Jason Murphy
DT Brandon McKinney
CB Antonio Cromartie

NFC NORTH:

CHI

DT Dusty Dvoracek
DE Mark Anderson
CB Devin Hester
FS Daniel Manning
ILB Jamar Williams

DET

T Johnathan Scott
RB Brian Calhoun
OLB Ernie Simms
FS Daniel Bullocks

GB

OLB A.J. Hawk
T Daryn Colledge
WR Greg Jennings
ILB Abdul Hodge
C Jason Spitz
WR Cory Rodgers
CB Will Blackmon
QB Ingle Martin
T Tony Moll
DE Dave Tollefson

MIN

OLB Chad Greenway
CB Cedric Griffin
C Ryan Cook
QB Tarvaris Jackson
DE Ray Edwards

Rookie Count - 176

The final roster has been uploaded below for all to enjoy. Since this is the first official release, we'd like for you guys to help point out any errors regarding the names, date of births, height, weight, skin tones, etc.

Remember that this is an offseason roster. The roster is accurate as of just a couple of days ago. The real NFL rosters will change a whole lot between now and September, especially regarding which rookies will remain on the team. And I guess that is the beauty of it all; it's your game, YOU decide who's going to stay and who's going to be cut! With that said, I cannot stress enough how much weekly preps benefits this roster. If you don't use them or don't know how to, learn and do so! IF anything, PM me and I will be more than happy to direct you on how to do it right!

AND AGAIN, THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED! IT HAS BEEN AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE TO WORK WITH ALL OF YOU, AND HOPEFULLY WE'LL ALL GET TOGETHER AGAIN IN THE FUTURE TO WORK ON EVEN BETTER RELEASES! FOR NOW, ENJOY THE ROSTERS EVERYONE, AND SHOW SOME LOVE WHILE YOU'RE HERE!

PS - For now, the only thing I will post in here will be the roster file. Stay tuned in the coming days as we will post a franchise file (which actually, you can do yourself, but it'll be in here) as well as a bunch of other stuff. Below I have posted the roster (ESPNNFL2K5_OSCDROSTER), Rickster's Zero Sliders, and my very own Expert Sliders. Just a quick rundown, the Zero sliders are Rickster's infamous sliders that you all have come to love, and mine, well, let's just say that I've played over 10 seasons with those. They play a much faster paced game, and you really need to know what you're doing on defense, especially against a CPU opponent. Oh, and for those of you who are playing in franchises with other people, I've enclosed a copy of the "Collective Bargaining Agreement" that my friends and I live by in my 5 man franchise over at my University (SUNY Stonybrook). Take it to the next level. And with that, I'm out!

*****6/1/06 - IMPORTANT NOTE... CHECK THE LAST PAGES OF THE THREAD FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION OF THE ROSTER. THEY ARE POSTED AND LABELED IN BOLD RED SO YOU GUYS CAN FIND THEM EASIER AS THIS THREAD BECOMES LONGER.*****
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RickZeroSl.zip (9.0 KB, 672 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_FlipSlide.zip (9.0 KB, 440 views)
File Type: doc ESPN2K5-CBA.doc (38.5 KB, 491 views)

Last edited by Flipmo23; 06-02-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

YES!
thanks guys for all the hard work!!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

awesome work fellas, thank you very much
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

I love you guys!
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-27-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

The worst part about this is waiting until college starts back up so I can start a new franchise at the dorms with this!

Please, if you have the time, read through the list above of changes made to the game. There's much more to this roster than just rookies.

I just can't stress how proud I am of everyone that was involved, and man, was it worth it. I've been playing with these rosters since the Base 1 incarnation, and they've evolved now to what is technically the 12th version (basically we re-numbered the file everytime it changed hands). It's been alot of fun, and easily the most fun I've ever had working on editing a videogame. Thanks alot to everyone man, I am just blown away by the way everyone had an impact, whether it was by working on it directly, or giving us info such as Slapnutz Free Agent thread, or Tpat's speed chart, etc. THANK YOU ALL, IT WAS WORTH IT.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-27-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Thanks to every one who played a part in making all this posible.
I feel like a kid on christmas day getting ready to open all my gifts LOL.

You guys are the greatest!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

You know its amazing that this game is so far ahead of its time. I mean think about it it is coming up on 3 YEARS!!!! and its still light years ahead of the "other" games next-gen effort. And now this, I think I speak for all of us here thank you and everyone whop made this possible. And in the words of my main man none of this would be here if it were not for "OS Da spot".

PS.
If you were here I would give you a great big hug
Old 05-28-2006, 12:02 AM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks for the kind words gentlmen this is truly one awesome roster that I'm sure will go down in the archives as one of the greatest feats acommplished here at "OS...Da Spot" and I'm proud to say the guys who worked on this project are real pros that all are deserving of a medals for work above and beyond the call of duty and for putting up with my alter ego "Jack Bauer" demeanor, no hard feelins' guys we all came through this with flying colors and its been a pleasure working with each and everyone of you. I look forward to our next "mission" when called upon to represent the finest "OS" has to offer, again excellent job each and everyone of you has proven to be a true diehard fan of 2K Football and its been a labor of love working with you all...now DL these rosters and "PLAY BALL" thats an order!!!

P.S.

I wanna give a big "Holla" to WARPATHEB whoes been throwin' down some serious rosters of his own working on those TEMOBOWL rosters, check em out when you get time thery're pretty "Hot" IMO and feature the 1990 season...but most def grab these first and enjoy em' guys we all deserve these!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-28-2006 at 12:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »