Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:23 PM   #465
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Just a suggestion, Flipmo and Rick, but these changes look pretty good. I would suggest putting them in the official roster. I know Flip redid some of the vet stats already, but by looking at the Colts I can tell that the changes he made (especially lowering Doss's tackling) are pretty spot on. Incorporating them into the official file makes a whole lot of since because they are based on objective stats from last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #466
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
Just a suggestion, Flipmo and Rick, but these changes look pretty good. I would suggest putting them in the official roster. I know Flip redid some of the vet stats already, but by looking at the Colts I can tell that the changes he made (especially lowering Doss's tackling) are pretty spot on. Incorporating them into the official file makes a whole lot of since because they are based on objective stats from last year.

Slimm44 has posted his file in the "Alternate Versions" thread it can be found there and does look pretty good but we don't post the Alternate versions in this thread.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling
Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #467
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion

Thanks for the comments. If Flipmo and Rickster don't want to use these in their roster files, that's ok. If you want to download them, that's ok too. If somebody would give me some ideas on how to tweak the offensive linemen rankings, that'd be GREAT. Some of the lineman's ratings are WAY off but I don't know of any stats to go by in order to change them.

EDIT: If anybody has NFL Head Coach and know that the OL ratings are realistic, please post them. I know they're two different games, but they may work for a comparitive base. If that game doesn't have player ratings, I'd feel like a moron. Have a nice day.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 07-27-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #468
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

I must say I love you guys. I actually got Madden 2005 a few months after I had gotten NFL 2k5 and I didn't have to play more than 1 game to pretty much figure out that Madden was garbage. As soon as I get the Action Replay I ordered I'm downloading the roster. Thanks so much for making my video gaming experience more special. I've sorta just been a silent follower of the project the whole time it's went on. lol
Old 07-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #469
All Star

I'm torn between Rickster and Slimm's rosters.

Rickster Pros
-- Very cerebral game
-- Human mistakes punished, big time
-- Nice balance of run and pass
-- Seemingly realistic number of "big plays" for CPU

Rickster Cons
-- Kicking meter too fast
-- A hair too many drops by open receivers, even on touch passes

Slimm Pros
-- CPU can run. Oh, baby, can it run. Very cool.
-- More realistic kickoff return yardage

Slimm Cons
-- Seemingly too many "big plays" for CPU, which leads to very screwy time of possession numbers
-- Kicking meter too slow

Cons for Both
-- Not nearly enough penalties

In playtesting, I used the same teams with each set of rosters and sliders. I know the respective roster edits prevent the teams from having the exact same offense, defense and overall ratings.

I'm leaning toward Rickster's OCSR 19-20 with zero sliders and NickChew's penalty settings from GameChewOver.com. Rickster's setup forces you to think and execute slightly more than Slimm's, IMO. That said, Slimm's rosters (without O Line edits) and sliders are very good.

Very good job by both of you cats! Keep it up!

Take care,
PK

Last edited by pk500; 07-28-2006 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:00 AM   #470
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

I re-posted my roster in the allternate roster forum. Sorry bout that Rickster.

PK: How many games have you played with my roster/slider set? When I first started using them, I got lit up as well, but once I got used to them they taught me how to play with a slightly different strategy. The main thing I've learned is that I have to hit the A button like a madman to bring down the ball carrier. l'll post some of the stats I've gotten in my franchise (I have all teams set to user, always using the away team) later this morning. Thanks for the feedback.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 07-28-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #471
All Star

Slimm:

I've played a few, five or so with each. Not the greatest test sample, so I should have labeled my feedback as "first impressions."

I didn't get lit up, either. The games were pretty close, but it seemed like the only way the CPU scored was on big plays whereas I could exhaust a lot of clock with methodical drives. It's very similar to the default game, in that regard, and that's one of the few things I disliked about the default game.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about having to pound the A button to tackle a guy. I'm well past the "twitch gamer, button masher" phase of my gaming. If I'm in good position and have some speed, I should be able to bring down a ball carrier in the NFL without pounding buttons unless the running back is an absolute stud.

I'll keep trying, though. And keep up the good work!

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #472
Banned

OVR: 15

Hey guys i'm late on this discussion and I would like to try out Rickster's or Slimms rosters and game enhancements.

What to I need to import them into my Xbox? I've never done that before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »