Home

CANDYMAN's NFL2K5 ROSTER V6 - WEEK 6

This is a discussion on CANDYMAN's NFL2K5 ROSTER V6 - WEEK 6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2005, 02:19 AM   #33
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: CANDYMAN's NFL2K5 ROSTER V6 - WEEK 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
Thanks much man. It was my drive to keep the dream (NFL2K5) alive for one more football season.

On page 3, I loaded the AFC North and West files for you.

Oh yeah I most def got those and do appreciate them but on another note especialy for guys new to what we've been dishing here with the rosters and sliders alike I'd like them to pay close attention to the Franchise settings and most importantly the substitutions screen once in the game...

Be sure to set your sub in/out up properly for balanced gameplay featuring the slider edits we've implimented they should be set for a 80/90 exchange simple as that and the rest follows our standard set-up but it is most imperitive that guys set up correctly for a realistic gameplaying experience in order to fully enjoy the beauty and gameplay of this edition of 2K6 Football ala roster/editor creation by deticated fans and then some featured at this site..."OS Da Spot"...you know how we do it and we "Rock" the game for the max possible gaming experience regardless of what EA says we do it our way and it gets done...long live the 2k legacy until its officil return or we'll have to do it to em' again!!!

Rumor has it that 2K4 would have made a worthy edtion due to its flexable gameplay which to some may have been over the top abit as far as the running game issue but IMO that was and easy fix and nothing major until the iso and momentum issues were addressed in 2K5 now guys want that open up game feel minus the running so if given a chance 2K4 along with a decent editor could have been a serious "Contender" too bad guys are now just realizing that game potential but all is not lost 2k5/6 plays just as good and is a viable solution to an empty void now filled buy guys like the one here on site who stuck with it and made it happen for a little while anyway but who knows maybe 2K4 will see its way thru I know that Daft has kooked into this and made some progress but I haven't check to see what he's been up to lately.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 10-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #34
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
Slapnutz, please let me know what you discover from your research on the new editor. I have been very leary on using the new editor, but if it works fine than I can load my roster file through there and do an export.

Thanks
Sorry it took so long to respond but I was going thru every possible edit change one at a time and loading them on my Xbox.

What I was doing was editing Jerry Rice into Reggie Myles. I didn't want to overwrite Rice's name because I might can use it for future editing. So I changed it to Zuriel then made it Myles. That's the only edit I did and it froze when I tried to load the roster on my Xbox.

I did the same thing with the .70 and that loaded fine. I wanted to see if I could change Rice into Myles but I deleted the old editor when I got yours and Finn took it down off his site.

Another thing, I used the .255 editor to get the 2005 schedule with The Saints all games away. I played game 1 with The Falcons against The Eagles and 90% of both teams had letters instead of names. Example, Terrell Owens was K N. That's what was on the screen when they showed his pic and he had the letter N on the back of his jersey but the announcers called him by name. Very strange.

Also Candyman, I hope it's just not me but check out The Cowboys OT Rob Petitti and The Rams fullback Madison Hedgecock. Look at their faces, arms and hands. Actually The Rams looks kinda cool, like a new jersey or something.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:19 PM   #35
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Sorry it took so long to respond but I was going thru every possible edit change one at a time and loading them on my Xbox.

What I was doing was editing Jerry Rice into Reggie Myles. I didn't want to overwrite Rice's name because I might can use it for future editing. So I changed it to Zuriel then made it Myles. That's the only edit I did and it froze when I tried to load the roster on my Xbox.

I did the same thing with the .70 and that loaded fine. I wanted to see if I could change Rice into Myles but I deleted the old editor when I got yours and Finn took it down off his site.

Another thing, I used the .255 editor to get the 2005 schedule with The Saints all games away. I played game 1 with The Falcons against The Eagles and 90% of both teams had letters instead of names. Example, Terrell Owens was K N. That's what was on the screen when they showed his pic and he had the letter N on the back of his jersey but the announcers called him by name. Very strange.

Also Candyman, I hope it's just not me but check out The Cowboys OT Rob Petitti and The Rams fullback Madison Hedgecock. Look at their faces, arms and hands. Actually The Rams looks kinda cool, like a new jersey or something.

I also saw that with the Cowboys personal and its nothing to get alarmed about bro its simply the "Skin Tone" easly corrected by giving him a "Skin Tone" its not complicated and doesn't effect anything other then an odd site to gaze upon it...check your players in-game edits and you'll see it is not selected for any "Skin Tone" it reads "None"...simple solution...choose/select one problem fixed!!!

It does look rather cool though but this is not a gaming issue but more rather an issue of selecting the correct "Skin Tone" as in grafic presentation and personel preference in selecting Light,Medium Light,Dark ect ect thats it plain and simply no need to ring any fire alarms but its good you bought this up so guys can get the inside story on why it and other possible players especially created and edited ones appear to look this way.

I have seen it myself but in knowing that its can be corrected via the in-game editor it shouldn't be a big deal but some guys aren't as detailed and versed at edits and using editors so this is a practical and easy fix...just check your "Skin Tone" and select one for the player easy as that and you'll be fine trust me its not that complicated or alarming an issue as it appears to be.

With having to edit/create a mass number of players it does happen every now and then but is part of the large amount of personel data that goes into doing such a large project with at least 50-55 players per team so if you see a guy as you've described check his data and edits first and you'll see that its an easy fix and part of the players massive editing set-up you can do this by again "Looking" at the players edits and you don't need the editor to do this just simply "look" and all will be revelved to you bro its not magic just an editing issue focusing on that one simpe selection....Skin Tone...select one and its a done deal.

As for names being called and appearing in proper order I've seen nor have experienced any such oddities and have found the rosters to function without a hic- up to this point,personally I don't have issues with Flinns editors but do trust Candymans selection in using only one for all his editing and players creations simply because they work and spending hours upon hours in the editing room isn't healthy for anyone to do especially if you've a life outside of this chosen hobby...sometimes you just gotta play the game and have some fun!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #36
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

This roster file along with the settings, and the franchise file for all 32 teams has reinforced my enjoyment of this game. This game in my opinion is still head and shoulders above Madden. Thanks for the hard work Candyman!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

With all the trading action at the deadline you have to make V7. It's a shame you've used up all the name spots...there really isn't a way to edit the draft class in franchise mode to put in Matt Leinart, Lendale White and whatnot.

I hope Finn finds a way to access the draft class from a franchise save file for editting in the editor.

Does the version of the editor you're using allow you to select the PBP name Candyman? I'm just wondering b/c they show up wrong in Finn's newest version, but I know that version isn't completely stable.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:09 AM   #38
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
With all the trading action at the deadline you have to make V7. It's a shame you've used up all the name spots...there really isn't a way to edit the draft class in franchise mode to put in Matt Leinart, Lendale White and whatnot.

I hope Finn finds a way to access the draft class from a franchise save file for editting in the editor.

Does the version of the editor you're using allow you to select the PBP name Candyman? I'm just wondering b/c they show up wrong in Finn's newest version, but I know that version isn't completely stable.
If I have time I may put out a trade deadline edition which would only consist of the trades, cuts, signings and releases. All the name spots were finally used. I knew it would be a matter of time before it would happen. I can't believe that I made it to V6 until the limit was reached.

I don't know about the latest editor since I've been using .70. That is something to possibly ask Finn why it's not working right. I've been doing all my work in .70 since it is the last stable editor from Finn.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2005, 01:10 AM   #39
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Holy I got a choice Batman geez I almost forgot about that with EAs no way out plan and if given a choice like this I'd have to say seperate files if thats possible I've gotten to the point where it appears that most rosters work in the schedul editor but alot depends on just which one you start out with and I think that .07 you use fits your rosters perfectly as do all the others depending again on which editor you start with...they all work but for now I'm really diggin' Nicks and yours as they are the only two that for me ring up the schedual with no or very few hick-ups and of course having an extensive knowledge and understanding of Flynns editors both past and present comes in handy,I have used most of them and have found that depending on the editor used the games rosters can be tweaked to come out right!!!

A healthy SD vs Pitt AFC playoff game would be pure heaven and a very possible match-up in real life if all goes well but the seasons still early so I'll wait watch and see what happens,now that I have a "CHOICE" I'm really gonna enjoy the 2K6 releases provided by you and our other roster maker/editors...excellent job gentlmen all of you deserve props for keepin' this series alive and well and I'm glad I could help and contribute to a great game that still provides for me the best Football gaming experience around period!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Rickster, I'm all about the choices.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:11 AM   #40
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW
This roster file along with the settings, and the franchise file for all 32 teams has reinforced my enjoyment of this game. This game in my opinion is still head and shoulders above Madden. Thanks for the hard work Candyman!
I'm glad that you are enjoying the roster file. Have fun as this is the best football game in town.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »