Home

CANDYMAN's NFL2K5 ROSTER V6 - WEEK 6

This is a discussion on CANDYMAN's NFL2K5 ROSTER V6 - WEEK 6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-16-2005, 03:32 PM   #9
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: CANDYMAN's NFL2K5 ROSTER V6 - WEEK 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Would it be possible to get all 32 teams posted for total Franchise control,I'm kinda into running my Franchises like that if you don't mind posting one because I know the Browns season is gonna end in the regular season so I wouldn't mind having contol of a serious contender those Browns are only gonna get so far!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
I'll post both files late tonight.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
You want it for the Cowboys correct?
Can I get one fore the Panthers and Raiders (combined)? Please...
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 10-16-2005, 07:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Would it be possible to get all 32 teams posted for total Franchise control,I'm kinda into running my Franchises like that if you don't mind posting one because I know the Browns season is gonna end in the regular season so I wouldn't mind having contol of a serious contender those Browns are only gonna get so far!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Rickster, im doing that but i have a question, what do u do during the draft, free agencies and injuries?

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2005, 08:07 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

It's actually pretty cool to run a franchise controlling all 32 teams. In the draft I do the first round or two for every team b/c I feel I pick more realistically than the computer does, especially with the draft glitch that causes the cpu to select only qbs, hbs, ots, and des, in the first round. I then let the cpu auto select the rest of the players so I don't stack my favorite team with better picks. Controlling all 32 also allows you to make more intelligent cuts and sign all the first round picks. The cpu sometimes doesn't get their number 1 picks under contract and the number of talented rookie free agents available is way too high. Having the control of 32 teams also helps with free agency as teams won't go after high priced free agents when they are solid at that position. I've seen the ravens go after Edge after the first season and signed him even though they still had Jamal Lewis, simply b/c they need depth at rb. Controlling all 32 also prevents the crazy trades that occur in franchise. I let the assistant coach do the depth charts and whatnot too. You should definitely try this out Spin.

Anyway, great work again candyman. V6 looks good. However, a fair number of pbps are still wrong (Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Aaron Rodgers, etc). I've worked on editting this roster to have accurate pbps, and I'm taking off the player photos that aren't real. Do you know what face is Tim Couch's on the game? I want to give Alex Smith, Tim Couch's face b/c it would be closer to looking right than any of the faces I can find. Thanks for the great work candyman.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Jackal, thanks for the reply, and Candyman, good job on the updates again.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 10-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #14
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
It's actually pretty cool to run a franchise controlling all 32 teams. In the draft I do the first round or two for every team b/c I feel I pick more realistically than the computer does, especially with the draft glitch that causes the cpu to select only qbs, hbs, ots, and des, in the first round. I then let the cpu auto select the rest of the players so I don't stack my favorite team with better picks. Controlling all 32 also allows you to make more intelligent cuts and sign all the first round picks. The cpu sometimes doesn't get their number 1 picks under contract and the number of talented rookie free agents available is way too high. Having the control of 32 teams also helps with free agency as teams won't go after high priced free agents when they are solid at that position. I've seen the ravens go after Edge after the first season and signed him even though they still had Jamal Lewis, simply b/c they need depth at rb. Controlling all 32 also prevents the crazy trades that occur in franchise. I let the assistant coach do the depth charts and whatnot too. You should definitely try this out Spin.

Anyway, great work again candyman. V6 looks good. However, a fair number of pbps are still wrong (Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Aaron Rodgers, etc). I've worked on editting this roster to have accurate pbps, and I'm taking off the player photos that aren't real. Do you know what face is Tim Couch's on the game? I want to give Alex Smith, Tim Couch's face b/c it would be closer to looking right than any of the faces I can find. Thanks for the great work candyman.

To answer your question gentlmen I pretty much agree to a point about why you should run/monitor all 32 teams and most of what you've said here bro does make sense to me but I would venture to go even futher and speculate that since the game itself is media driven with the ESPN name and style that those trades and odd occurences we've noticed my appear to be somewhat over the top but it really isn't anything thats going to hurt the game and if you look closly at the teams cap room and at times holes in its depth charts that it is possible that the AI is in a sense trying to set itself up in a more pragmatic and pratical manner as far as how it precieves its cap and future fundings and returns on already proven or unproven players.

Sounds complicated but it works itself out in the end maybe not what we'd expect but functional and practical to keep it sitution a float to manage simming or playing thru 5 years without a hick-up in its already complex cap figures...in a word...it manages its profits and cap avalability figures much more fluently then you or I could and the trades and other weird happenings aren't really all that weird these things can and do happen in the real NFL its those big names that stand out when something goes down and I basically like to see the "DRAFT" process take place its really neat and ensures me that as mentiond by thejackal25 the teams get those picks and get em' signed for next season...works for me most other duties I trust the CPU to handle with no problems,like I said works for me and controlling all 32 also makes me accountable to be fair and honest dealing with my Franchise so far everything has ran fine in previous seasons I've played this way and this one should be no different except with the media addition to the game its going to use whatever happings and moves in its highlight shows and other happenings in the NFL from injuires to whatever "ESPN" news it see and finds news worthy to drive that "Media" engine it is after all part of the game and its overall presentation so I expect to "Hear" news from time to time other then injuries.

In previous roster releases the game would "Freez" on me during that part of the game so I'll see what happens with these if I happen to choose to watch the highlight shows and hopefully it'll make it through if not what I've done in the past is just skip it and go on with the regular Franchise minus the shows.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 10-16-2005, 11:02 PM   #15
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Thanks everyone. I will post the files a little later tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #16
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
However, a fair number of pbps are still wrong (Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Aaron Rodgers, etc)
Also, I was wondering if I change the PBP names to only the last names of these players, will the announcers call them by last name only??

Last edited by slapnutz2k2; 10-16-2005 at 11:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »